Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heroin use in U.S. at epidemic levels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a lot of childhood fiends who got hooked on opiates. Know 2 of them who died in the in a 2 week time span last month. It really is crazy.

One of my friends has a federal case on him for distribution. Fcking federal I couldn't believe it. A lot of people get busted for selling, I never met anyone with a federal case though.

Gov't is messing around anymore, now they are locking up sellers if a user overdoses. Never saw that before recently.

Comment

They tend to do that if it's between multiple state lines, or they can make a "conspiracy" case. They threaten that a lot though, and sometimes reduce it once a plea is close to getting done.

They did that with another guy who got arrested like a day or two after me, were trying to get him on fed conspiracy. I got about 5 years (did 2 months short of 3), dude got 9. My lawyer told me if it would have happened to me in the 90s or early 2000s, i would done a fair amount less time.. Plus there isn't the same kind of sympathy for it before since so many are doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
        They tend to do that if it's between multiple state lines, or they can make a "conspiracy" case. They threaten that a lot though, and sometimes reduce it once a plea is close to getting done.

They did that with another guy who got arrested like a day or two after me, were trying to get him on fed conspiracy. I got about 5 years (did 2 months short of 3), dude got 9. My lawyer told me if it would have happened to me in the 90s or early 2000s, i would done a fair amount less time.. Plus there isn't the same kind of sympathy for it before since so many are doing it.
        Drug war failed?

How about instead of increasing spending for treatment and rehab we just lock more people up?

I'd laugh if it weren't so ****ing sad.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          black people don't really do drugs though.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
              Drug war failed?

How about instead of increasing spending for treatment and rehab we just lock more people up?

I'd laugh if it weren't so ****ing sad.
              I mean it all depends, it creates a lot of jobs. So im sure the cynical government is still fine with it. I mean ****, just me getting locked up and doing a fair amount of time, created a job or two. The drug war is stupid/excessively expensive but they probably just lookit essentially as the new tax base of people serving those imprisoned because the recidivist population of jail don't pay taxes most of the time.

Prison guards, prison equipment production companies, food companies, police unions etc etc all benefit with a steady paycheck and bottomless budgets.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                you have an affinity for that gif.

Comment

I also really think that part of the problem people have is that heroin use is like glorified in a lot of ways, such as books (Borroughs) movies and of course music. Kurt Cobain did heroin, so should I! It has that kind of romantic notion to it, unlike crack for example or meth.

Hopefully it will slowly change, since opiates is like the new #1 target for the PR war on drugs. Doubt it tho.

Comment

Yep here in Memphis people are gone on it

Comment

Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post

They had a 6 month investigation on my buddy, wire taps, photographs, everything.

Comment

Working...
                      X