No announcement yet.

Heroin use in U.S. at epidemic levels

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    I have never taken meds, closest med I took when sick was some cough drops. Ive gotten vaccination shots.

when sick growing up my mom would make fresh ginger tea with lemon and honey and she would make us hot chicken soup with rice in it and cabbage.

The only thing I take is probably supplements from the health food store, like Coenzyme Q10, PQQ, VitD3, Probiotics pills, b12 sublingual etc.
    Probiotics!! And Nectar are on your menu!

Comment

If they die, they die. Who gives a ****?

Comment

It's because of the opiate addiction crisis in this country and the propensity of doctors to prescribe people addictive pain killers that are narcotics.

People get hooked on that stuff super easy and then their prescriptions run dry and they seek other sources for their high. I don't know how it is in other cities, but down here a 10mg vicodin is going to cost you $7 a pill and you're going to pay a buck a milligram for Oxys. Compare that to heroin which costs less than a pack of cigarettes to score a lid and which gives the users the same exact high (both drugs are opiates) and there's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
          Good to hear because I would hate to hear that you on the road sell your batty to shoot up heroin.
          Nah not that, see my problem was I was selling heroin for other heroin. Did my long sit, and got it outta my system though... I still am a degenerate druggie, but not that no more.

Comment

https://www.ted.com/talks/johann_har...ng?language=en

Some interesting facts from this talk.

20% of soldiers in Vietnam used herpin regularly, yet 95% quit as soon as they got home.

When a mouse is put in a cage with 2 water bottles one containing heroin, they almost always end up drinking the heroin water and dying but when they are put in a big cage with other mice and things to do, they always end up drinking the plain water.
            Last edited by Furn; 07-21-2016, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
              legalize cannabis and it will decrease heroine use.
              You sound like a dam liberal SA!

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                You sound like a dam liberal SA!
                im a texas independent.

there are some stuff im liberal about.
                there are some stuff im conservative about.

that's how all proper human beings should be.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                  legalize cannabis and it will decrease heroine use.
                  Are there any numbers coming out from Colorado about that, or is it still too early to draw conclusions and/or gather data?

And no, I'm not doubting you. Just curious if there are stats about that. I'm a 'legalize everything' type guy, so I'd like to see good stats I can use to back up my arguments for legalization.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    Are there any numbers coming out from Colorado about that, or is it still too early to draw conclusions and/or gather data?

And no, I'm not doubting you. Just curious if there are stats about that. I'm a 'legalize everything' type guy, so I'd like to see good stats I can use to back up my arguments for legalization.
                    I've been following Colorado pretty closely since legalization took place, and I have several friends who live in the state who've been doing the same.

Generally speaking, there are several studies that exist right now that you could point to to make the argument either for or against legalization regarding Colorado's overall drug usage rates. They're suffering a heroin epidemic like a lot of the country is, so people who are against legalization are falsely pointing to legalization being the cause using the whole "gateway drug" argument and completely missing the point regarding the prescription pill epidemic.

Other studies have noted a decline in teen drug use and a decline in crime overall since legalization went in to effect.

Unfortunately, I don't think we're ever really going to get anything conclusive on the issue as far as studies go unless the feds do it themselves because independent studies are often funded by those with a political goal who use them to cherry pick the data to feed their confirmation bias - Which is exactly what we're seeing in Colorado right now.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                      it's sadder than a mf'er seeing these teenagers look like zombies out in the open in bmore.

really affecting the black and white population as per the numbers here.
                      black people don't really do drugs though.

Comment

Working...
                      X