Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does England suck so bad in soccer, I thought it's their no1 sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    Luis and Torres went from Chelsea bench to playing for Atletico Madrid in champions league Finals , Cudrado is not good enough for Chelsea but is crucial for Juventus

There are plenty more than you named in BPL that would walk in to top 3 clubs in La Liga , there are more money in BPL so logically there are more class players than serie A or Bundesliga outside of Bayern and maybe Dortmund
    Felipe Luis was a dreadful mistake from Mourinho, he is far better than anything Chelsea have in the fullback position. Mourinho did the same thing with De Bruyne.

Cuadrado is the same, he will possibly return to Chelsea with Conte in charge and you will see that he is more than good enough. He's a Champions League quality player.

Name me some of the other players that would walk into the Real, Atletico and Barcelona teams, go for it. Even Alexis didn't get a regular game at Barca and Alderweireld wasn't good enough at Atletico.

More money doesn't mean more quality, they are busy spending that money on over-priced players that are not top level.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      It all comes down to coaching and infrastructure.

The England players are levels below the Germans, Italians, Spanish, etc...both technically and tactically, along with coaching.

You can look through the entire England team and you won't find a single world class player that could play for one of the world's top clubs. You will find a lot of good players though, who continue to fail at international level.
      Rooney, Sterling, Sturridge all play for some of the world's top clubs. As do Ramsey and if available, walcott.

The problem isn't a lack of quality players, it's a lack of quality international coaching, an over indulgence in foreign players in England's biggest clubs leading to too few top players playing for big clubs and in this particular tournament, absolute confusion when it comes to what system to play.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Rooney, Sterling, Sturridge all play for some of the world's top clubs. As do Ramsey and if available, walcott.

The problem isn't a lack of quality players, it's a lack of quality international coaching, an over indulgence in foreign players in England's biggest clubs leading to too few top players playing for big clubs and in this particular tournament, absolute confusion when it comes to what system to play.
        Sterling is often a bench player at City, Walcott is a bench player at Arsenal, Rooney has been past it for years, Sturridge isn't a regular starter. These players are not getting near the likes of Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juventus, etc...there isn't a single English player good enough for those teams, not one.

The best players in the league are all foreign, if they got rid of them the league would plummet because the homegrown players are not up to the required standard.

As I said, it's a coaching and infrastructure problem. The kids don't get brought up with technical and tactical play as the focus.

Comment

Name me some of the other players that would walk into the Real, Atletico and Barcelona teams, go for it. Even Alexis didn't get a regular game at Barca and Alderweireld wasn't good enough at Atletico.

More money doesn't mean more quality, they are busy spending that money on over-priced players that are not top level.

Costa would be in starting XI of Real and Atletico so would Hazard, and Courtois, Barcelona are interested in Ozil , azpilicueta , John Stone and other CBs

I can see your point but there are plenty of individual quality in BPL even though the overall quality of the league is down as a whole

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            Costa would be in starting XI of Real and Atletico so would Hazard, and Courtois, Barcelona are interested in Ozil , azpilicueta , John Stone and other CBs

I can see your point but there are plenty of individual quality in BPL even though the overall quality of the league is down as a whole
            Diego Costa would start ahead of Karim Benzema? Higuain couldn't get a game ahead of Benzema.

He'd play in front of Torres, but on last seasons form he is clearly in decline and would be second fiddle to Griezmann regardless.

Hazard would have to get in front of Ronaldo or Bale - absolutely no chance. At Atletico he would not even make the squad, Simeone would simply not sign a work shy, defensive liability. He's got far better players than Hazard.

Chelsea fans want rid of Courtios, he is certainly nowhere near as good as Oblak (top 3 keeper in europe last season) or Navas.

John Stones got benched at Everton and Azpilicueta is generally average.

------------------------------------------------

I just don't see it, the Premier League at the moment is at it's lowest (quality wise) that I can remember.

Comment

Sterling is often a bench player at City, Walcott is a bench player at Arsenal, Rooney has been past it for years, Sturridge isn't a regular starter. These players are not getting near the likes of Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juventus, etc...there isn't a single English player good enough for those teams, not one.

The best players in the league are all foreign, if they got rid of them the league would plummet because the homegrown players are not up to the required standard.

As I said, it's a coaching and infrastructure problem. The kids don't get brought up with technical and tactical play as the focus.
              why you gotta lie? Man utd, Arsenal and City are all top 10 european clubs. get over it. You were wrong and know as much about football as you do boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                why you gotta lie? Man utd, Arsenal and City are all top 10 european clubs. get over it. You were wrong and know as much about football as you do boxing.
                And you're still making things up.

Utd and Liverpool are among the top clubs in terms of reputation, they are not among the top 10 in terms of current standing, none of them have qualified for the Champions League with those 'top players'.

There is not a single English player that is currently world class or good enough for the worlds top clubs. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                  this topic has been scientifically proven.

baseball>>>>>>>>>>>>cricket

there was a huge thread about this.
                  Im an English man. My county is a big cricket county.

I must say it is a rare occasion that i am agreeing with fat yanks. Cricket is fuqqing boring bro.

Boring as shyt.

Baseball is better.

Comment

Coaches in the youth academies don't put enough emphasis on the development of technique and skill. Instead they focus on physicality, marking, rules etc..

Comment

There is no distinct English style of playing. We've often been characterised as being a physically strong team which is true but we've rarely had the BEST players in the World playing for us.

I think if you look at the likes of Spain/Italy, most of their players play in their native country with mainly natives in each team therefore this increases their chemistry or knowledge of their style of play. In England, most teams are filled with foreign players who make up for the lack of skill that English players possess with foreign coaches. It's also a problem in the academies where we always see players that are physically strong and gifted but not technically.

Comment

Working...
                      X