Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Oscars and black actor ommission?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly Hollywood is dominated by a certain race, that is true, and maybe there is racism, but the examples you gave for an oscar is a joke.

Comment

If anyone got snubbed who is black its Samuel L Jackson, i thought his performance in the Hateful eight was one of his best.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Well he was frustrated, he was happy, he cried. What else did he have to do?
        It wasn't a Oscar worthy performance and it's really not Michael B Jordan fault, no matter who played the role they weren't going to considered for the reward. The character just wasn't deep enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
          Your being sarcastic right because Emily Blunt was the worst thing about the movie. I can't think of a more annoying main characters I've seen in a while. Her acting was decent but Del Toro was scary.
          No, the beast had a better performance in Traffic... TBH, neither had Oscar performances... But now I'm wondering why the movie wasn't nominated for best picture...

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
            If anyone got snubbed who is black its Samuel L Jackson, i thought his performance in the Hateful eight was one of his best.
            Now thats a guy who deserves an Oscar... He's been snubbed before too...

Comment

your best case is will smiths performance in concussion and while he was good it's laughable to say it was oscar worthy.

dicaprio will win it this year and that will be the end of it. the revenant is one of the best films in recent memory

Comment

Straight Outta Compton actors

Such great performances that no names were even warranted

Seems you'd rather a token black guy be nominated as long as there is a black guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                  No, the beast had a better performance in Traffic... TBH, neither had Oscar performances... But now I'm wondering why the movie wasn't nominated for best picture...
                  Yeah I thought he was pretty good but i agree that it wasn't an automatic Oscar nominee performance.

They're suppose be making a Sicario 2 focused on Del Toro character. I'm assuming a pre sequel which will give Del Toro more material to work with.

Comment

Fine!

OSCAR have a new category

The best affirmative action best actor is...............................

Comment

Working...
                    X