Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Oscars and black actor ommission?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a glamour show, filled with non-masculine song and dance numbers. Who gives a **** really and who does it affect? But why is this an issue in an industry so Liberal it's practically expected you suck a d1ck? In my mind DiCaprio wins because his performance was really gut wrenching and excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      It's a glamour show, filled with non-masculine song and dance numbers. Who gives a **** really and who does it affect? But why is this an issue in an industry so Liberal it's practically expected you suck a d1ck? In my mind DiCaprio wins because his performance was really gut wrenching and excellent.
      Yeah, that movie was pretty badass. It's like you are along for the journey and get a real sense of the crap he went through.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Yeah, that movie was pretty badass. It's like you are along for the journey and get a real sense of the crap he went through.
        Yup, it's really, really intense like that. You literally feel like you're crawling out of his grave with him....

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
          Here comes the crying and complaining.

Where's the complaining when there weren't any black actors "nominated" for Razzies.

Why is it that people ask "Where's the diversity?!?" then only mention black actors while they themselves don't mention Benicio Del Toro, who by the way had a better performance in Sicario than Will Smith and his ****ty accent, or Micheal B Jordon or the Straight outta Compton actors.

There's a whole Mexican team that made the Revenant (Inarritu, Chivo, etc) that are nominated, so people need to quit their *****ing about the Oscars and it's lack of diversity.
          I find it...ironic people get up in arms when someone lays out actual facts. You use one example, to make an argument that falls flat on its face in front of the fact that IT'S LITERALLY ONE EXAMPLE. What about the 100s of other nominees. This isn't just a one time instance as well. A lack of diversity in Hollywood is a fact. Anyone that says differently is either ignorant or living in a fantasy world.

Comment

I have not seen the Elba movie so I can't say. Will Smith was excellent. Maybe if the movie was better he would have been nomonated. The movie just seemed more like a made for tv type of movie to me. Maybe because Im familiar with the story.

The whole best picture thing to me is ridiculous. I've seen all the films.nominated. Room and Spotlight to me were pretty good, but not nearly as enjoyable or entertaining as Compton, Creed, or even Black Mass.Those are just "Oscar movies". When I saw Spotlight I honestly thought to myself, "that's it?"

The first thing I thought when I saw the nominees was how the hell is Depp not nominated? And how is the Fast 7 song not nominated? If ever a song represented a movie and was popular on top of it it was that one.

I'm just happy Mad Max wasn't snubbed. You can argue that was the best movie.

Comment

I've seen 3 of those movies. Micheal B Jordans a good young actor but that wasn't an Oscar performance. As for Will Smith doing the worst African accent since...well, the last time an American tried to do one, and Ice Cubes son doing his impression of Ice Cube doing his impression of acting (whatever) being Oscar worthy :wank: Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Razor Ramon View Post
                I've seen 3 of those movies. Micheal B Jordans a good young actor but that wasn't an Oscar performance. As for Will Smith doing the worst African accent since...well, the last time an American tried to do one, and Ice Cubes son doing his impression of Ice Cube doing his impression of acting (whatever) being Oscar worthy :wank: Come on.
                Eazy e gave the best performance in that movie. I was expecting to see Smith give a bad performance in Concussion and I thought he was fine. Maybe I'm not familiar enough with African accents.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  I find it...ironic people get up in arms when someone lays out actual facts. You use one example, to make an argument that falls flat on its face in front of the fact that IT'S LITERALLY ONE EXAMPLE. What about the 100s of other nominees. This isn't just a one time instance as well. A lack of diversity in Hollywood is a fact. Anyone that says differently is either ignorant or living in a fantasy world.
                  Who would you replace then? Tell me? Micheal B Jordan in Creed was NOT Oscar material. Like someone said Will Smith was more of a made for tv performance. The Straight out of Compton guys? LOL you can't be serious. Idris Elba, while a good performance, that movie was a straight to Netflix release.

And my "ONE" example of the Academy's supposed racism? Well last year they had way more Mexicans and Latinos win than any other time. Two Mexican directors have won two years in a row and Inarritu is the big favorite to win this year.

And yes the lack of diversity is a fact in Hollywood, the people who mainly get roles are whites and blacks. Latinos, Asians, Middle Eastern, Native Americans are horribly under-represented in movies.

Whites get the majority of roles obviously and blacks are right behind them. Blacks have had a huge increase and have been in every major movie to the point where each and every new movie coming has to have a major black player play a part, and if it's an existing IP, well they'll find a character race bend him or her. For example, they just cast Jaime Foxx in the new Robin Hood movie as Little John. Yes a short black American has been cast as 7' tall white Englishman.

So don't give me this shit about Hollywood's lack of diversity and cry about blacks supposedly not getting roles while not mentioning other races.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Your brain doesn't appear to be as evolved as the average human being.

Affirmative action for the Oscars!.

#ONLYBLACKLIVESMATTER

Take your bull**** elsewhere Sharpton.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                      Your brain doesn't appear to be as evolved as the average human being.

Affirmative action for the Oscars!.

#ONLYBLACKLIVESMATTER

Take your bull**** elsewhere Sharpton.
                      Hey how'd you think your fellow Brit Tom Hardy did on The Revenant. IMO, he stole the show. I could be bias cause Hardy is my boy, but what'd you think?

Comment

Working...
                      X