No announcement yet.

2016 Oscars and black actor ommission?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    No. Concussion was meh. Straight Outta Compton was overrated stereotypical acting. Creed.....c'mon now. May have been better, but it looks good against the several HORRENDOUS Rocky-like movies before it. But I do agree Idris Elba was snubbed.

I'm glad Tom Hardy got a nomination for Revenant. He was the best part IMO. I'm bias though, Hardy is one of my favorites around. Everything he does is subtly great. He's way underrated.

The Revenant should win. Hands down the best movie this year. Mad Max, glad to see that one got some love. Definitely one of the best this year.

I noticed The Hateful Eight got snubbed in the screenplay category.
    I'm a huge fan of Tom Hardy. Almost every movie he's been in since Bronson has been good. It's like if he carries the movies with his perofromances.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I'm a huge fan of Tom Hardy. Almost every movie he's been in since Bronson has been good. It's like if he carries the movies with his perofromances.
      Alejandro Inarritu put it PERFECTLY about Hardy.....

"few people have this sensitivity and the antenna to catch what you do which is so good it's imperceptible, you are almost invisible. You don't get the attention and that's the most difficult thing to do,' and so the fact that the Academy noticed that it gives me hope and I am very, very, very happy for him, he deserves it"

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
        What an insecure little *****, you should have at least chosen better examples.
        I asked a valid question, and there are many articles on this subject by white journalists. I'm not insecure about anything, i'm not even black. Anyone getting hotheaded over this question probably has issues with themselves. I think DiCaprio should win.

Comment

I think its bs Kurt Russell didn't get nominated for Bone Tomahawk. But I understand why he wasn't, they jealous of that magnificent stache he had. F#cking momo ass stache haters.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Hey how'd you think your fellow Brit Tom Hardy did on The Revenant. IMO, he stole the show. I could be bias cause Hardy is my boy, but what'd you think?
            I may have to watch it again, but to me it seemed like DiCaprio just half-assed his way through that film. I don't get think all the praise and hype he is getting is warranted.

Hardy was amazing. He was perfect for the role and deserves to get an Oscar.

Comment

And yes i am still laughing at this guy thinking one of the actors from Straight Outta Compton or the guy from Creed deserve/s an Oscar nomination .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                And yes i am still laughing at this guy thinking one of the actors from Straight Outta Compton or the guy from Creed deserve/s an Oscar nomination .
                But how come, is it because the films content is "too black"? Why didn't they fit the criteria, the films were not serious enough, the actor, Michael B Jordan did not convince you that he was a boxer? His full year training with real boxers and transforming into a boxer, and learning boxing techniques, is not on par with another Oscar worthy actor who transforms into his role? I mean, it's funny, and it's an lol or whatever, but why? Isn't a good actor about convincing you that he is who he is acting as? My family, who I watched Creed with, asked me if Michael B Jordan is a real boxer.

Why, because he was convincing in his role, which means he did a great job. But it's not Oscar nominee worthy, because "lol", it's just an lol...Do you really think his performance was great? I mean why would you think that? Well he ****ing looked like a real boxer and used techniques of a real a boxer, and he did that all without being a real boxer and having no prior boxing/amateur experience, just acting experience. Creed was a very good movie, critically acclaimed by Rotten Tomatoes, Matacritic, two tough critics. But hey, Sylvester Stallone gets nominated for supporting actor though, why, well because he was convincing in being a cancer patient, he was just the better actor...just cause. We were more convinced with Stallone's complexed transformation from a healthy person to cancer patient, than we were with Jordan looking like a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  But how come, is it because the films content is "too black"? Why didn't they fit the criteria, the films were not serious enough, the actor, Michael B Jordan did not convince you that he was a boxer? His full year training with real boxers and transforming into a boxer, and learning boxing techniques, is not on par with another Oscar worthy actor who transforms into his role? I mean, it's funny, and it's an lol or whatever, but why? Isn't a good actor about convincing you that he is who he is acting as? My family, who I watched Creed with, asked me if Michael B Jordan is a real boxer.

Why, because he was convincing in his role, which means he did a great job. But it's not Oscar nominee worthy, because "lol", it's just an lol...Do you really think his performance was great? I mean why would you think that? Well he ****ing looked like a real boxer and used techniques of a real a boxer, and he did that all without being a real boxer and having no prior boxing/amateur experience, just acting experience. Creed was a very good movie, critically acclaimed by Rotten Tomatoes, Matacritic, two tough critics. But hey, Sylvester Stallone gets nominated for supporting actor though, why, well because he was convincing in being a cancer patient, he was just the better actor...just cause. We were more convinced with Stallone's complexed transformation from a healthy person to cancer patient, than we were with Jordan looking like a boxer.
                  There's more to acting than looking like you can do a bit of boxing via cgi.

Did you see a convincing range of emotions from him?. He was one dimensional and wooden. That dimension being "i'm not ghetto".

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                    There's more to acting than looking like you can do a bit of boxing via cgi.

Did you see a convincing range of emotions from him?. He was one dimensional and wooden. That dimension being "i'm not ghetto".
                    Well he was frustrated, he was happy, he cried. What else did he have to do?

Comment

If you think any of those films even deserve an oscar then you must not watch films or if you do, you must have very limited opinions of films.

Films are subjective though, you could think borat is the best film ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X