Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Oscars and black actor ommission?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at it objectively, no black actor deserved to be nominated. i dont rate Will Smith.

Elba, a good actor. However he's not as good as someone like Don Cheadle. He does have onscreen presence.

Comment

If a black actor gave a performance that deserved a nomination i could understand the complaint, there wasn't any. The crybabies want people to be given a nomination because of their skin colour, that's racism.

Comment

No. Concussion was meh. Straight Outta Compton was overrated stereotypical acting. Creed.....c'mon now. May have been better, but it looks good against the several HORRENDOUS Rocky-like movies before it. But I do agree Idris Elba was snubbed.

I'm glad Tom Hardy got a nomination for Revenant. He was the best part IMO. I'm bias though, Hardy is one of my favorites around. Everything he does is subtly great. He's way underrated.

The Revenant should win. Hands down the best movie this year. Mad Max, glad to see that one got some love. Definitely one of the best this year.

I noticed The Hateful Eight got snubbed in the screenplay category.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
          Del Toro was a beast but not Oscar worthy... The girl had a better performance...
          Your being sarcastic right because Emily Blunt was the worst thing about the movie. I can't think of a more annoying main characters I've seen in a while. Her acting was decent but Del Toro was scary.

Comment

I think Del Toro was better than Sylverster Stallone too, BY ****ING FAR. He got snubbed because Creed was actually Okay, and it's been a feel good ride with this one actually doing well after all the duds for over 30 years.

I'm surprised the Johnny Depp Black Mass hype died off so fast. I thought he did pretty good.

Comment

Lol@will smith and straight out of Compton cast.

Comment

What an insecure little *****, you should have at least chosen better examples.

Comment

Anyways, after seeing everything I wanted to see this year........

1. The Revenant - Simply on another level. Alejandro Inarritu is KILLING IT. Leo, not his absolute greatest performance (Aviator, Departed, Wolf >>>>), but he will win. I actually think Fassbender had perhaps the best individual performance this year. But no quarrel with Leo winning, he should have 1-2 by now.

2. Mad Max Fury Road - Man this was a ****ing blast seeing it in theaters. WAY WAY WAY better than Star Wars for an "Action" blockbuster. Brought back Max in a BIG WAY.

3. The Martian - Ridley finally made a GREAT movie again. His best since Gladiator, and his first good one since American Gangster IMO. Matt Damon killed it, the special effects were awesome, the shots on mars and everything. Really good movie.

4. Sicario - Del Toro was scary good in this. Can't believe he hasn't been nominated for anything major. This movie had me on the edge often. Really well done IMO.

5. The Hateful Eight - Good movie. Not near Tarantino's best, and perhaps ran a little too slow and dragged a little much.....I love Tarantino dialogue, but I think it taking place in one room basically 90% of the time made it drag. That being said, it was a slow burner, and about half way through things start getting nuts and it ends PHENOMENALLY. Solid movie.

Honorable mentions: Star Wars was decent, Black Mass was good, Joy was pretty good, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Will Smith in Concussion
                    Idris Elba in Beasts of Nation
                    Michael B. Jordan in Creed
                    Straight Outta Compton actors

All 4 are highly rated movies by most top movie critics and websites. What does this mean, that they are not in the running for an Oscar? Is it racism, or a coincidence? Were the films just 'too black' for the actors to be nominated? Stallone will be nominated for best supporting actor in the Oscars for Creed, but the director of the movie who is black, and the star of the movie who is black, will not be nominated for best actor/best director. Will Smith and Idris Elba, two top actors in top movies, also aren't getting best actor nominations.
                    Must be the racist democratic Hollywood entertainment board who chooses the candidates I suppose.

"The voting process that determines which films and actors become Oscar nominees is a long and complicated undertaking that involves more than 6000 voting members and hundreds of eligible films, actors, actresses, directors, cinematographers, editors, composers, and more."

http://mentalfloss.com/article/54560...ominees-chosen

Comment

The Oscars should be in the business of giving awards to people who deserve them, not because they are black and make ****ty movies.

Comment

Working...
                      X