Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manga Readers/Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently reading Monster, by Urasawa Naoki. It's a fantastic read guys. Nice murder mystery, conspiracy thriller. The artwork is done very well too. I think I will read Urasawa's other notable work after this one (20th Century Boys, 21st Century Boys, Pluto)

Again, I tried to get into Bleach and cannot get through more than a few chapters before I'm bored. lol
    Last edited by North Star; 06-08-2016, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
      Currently reading Monster, by Urasawa Naoki. It's a fantastic read guys. Nice murder mystery, conspiracy thriller. The artwork is done very well too. I think I will read Urasawa's other notable work after this one (20th Century Boys, 21st Century Boys, Pluto)

Again, I tried to get into Bleach and cannot get through more than a few chapters before I'm bored. lol
      Monster is a ****ing fantastic series imo. I really enjoyed reading it. Really disappointed that HBO ended up not making a live action series with Guillermo Del Toro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        Monster is a ****ing fantastic series imo. I really enjoyed reading it. Really disappointed that HBO ended up not making a live action series with Guillermo Del Toro.
        What?! I didn't even know they were considering a series like that! I hope the idea gets revisited because that would be a fantastic series.

Comment

• I know if any series liked that gets on a prime network, the casting has to be tailored for Western audiences, but I would love to see the main character remain Japanese. At least someone that has been seen by Western audiences line Ken Watanabe.

Comment

What?! I didn't even know they were considering a series like that! I hope the idea gets revisited because that would be a fantastic series.
            Yea man they were, for HBO... but it's dead now I think. They wanted Del Toro, but he was just too busy and it just died from there.

Dunno if anybody ever picks it up... gonna be hard for people to pick up a series based on a manga about a japanese guy in Germany

Comment

Yea man they were, for HBO... but it's dead now I think. They wanted Del Toro, but he was just too busy and it just died from there.

Dunno if anybody ever picks it up... gonna be hard for people to pick up a series based on a manga about a japanese guy in Germany
              It's one positive is that it's a period piece, post world war II and in to the cold war era. It could be pretty good if the right people were on board. Hopefully, someone at HBO takes another look at it.

Comment

• So yesterday was my birthday, and my wife surprised be with volume 1 of Sanctuary. My collection of this series begins!! I'm pretty excited about that.

Comment

So yesterday was my birthday, and my wife surprised be with volume 1 of Sanctuary. My collection of this series begins!! I'm pretty excited about that.
                  Happy Birthday man!
                  Originally posted by North Star View Post
                  It's one positive is that it's a period piece, post world war II and in to the cold war era. It could be pretty good if the right people were on board. Hopefully, someone at HBO takes another look at it.
                  I think that this is a show HBO would totally do. They'd do it like True Detective, being all gritty and ****, and people would eat that **** up

Comment

Happy Birthday man!

I think that this is a show HBO would totally do. They'd do it like True Detective, being all gritty and ****, and people would eat that **** up
                    Exactly! Crime dramas and murder mysteries are always a fan favorite. With Game of Thrones ending soon, HBO will need to come up with the next great series soon.

Comment

• Just finished up 20th Century Boys (and the follow up 21st) and it was pretty good. Not as engrossing as Monster, but still good work by Urasawa. One of the things I couldn't figure out was the sudden return of Sadakiyo after he died earlier in the story. It never really got explained, so I took it as one of those convenient plot points to the story.

Now on to Pluto. It basically sounds like Blade Runner, so it should be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X