No announcement yet.

Manga Readers/Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manga Readers/Fans

So, any manga fans here? I see some avi's and sig's with some anime, can't recall any manga though.

If there are manga readers/fans here, what are you reading and what are your favorites?

I collected all volumes of Lone Wolf and Cub, and most of Samurai Executioner. It wasn't until I got tipped to the app MangaZone that I really got the chance to have access to thousands of them out there. Here are my favorites:

Lone Wolf and Cub
    Naruto
    Shinobi no Kuni
    Samurai Legend (currently reading, and it's excellent)
    Y+M
    Sidooh (on going, and another excellent series)
    Brave 10
    Brave 10S (on going)
    Vagabond(on going and based off Eiji Yoshikawa's novel Musashi)
    Ruroni Kenshin
    Gamaran

Originally posted by North Star View Post
    So, any manga fans here? I see some avi's and sig's with some anime, can't recall any manga though.

If there are manga readers/fans here, what are you reading and what are your favorites?

I collected all volumes of Lone Wolf and Cub, and most of Samurai Executioner. It wasn't until I got tipped to the app MangaZone that I really got the chance to have access to thousands of them out there. Here are my favorites:

Lone Wolf and Cub
    Naruto
    Shinobi no Kuni
    Samurai Legend (currently reading, and it's excellent)
    Y+M
    Sidooh (on going, and another excellent series)
    Brave 10
    Brave 10S (on going)
    Vagabond(on going and based off Eiji Yoshikawa's novel Musashi)
    Ruroni Kenshin
    Gamaran
    I have the complete set of lone wolf & cub by frank miller. I also have the Japanese version.

Comment

Vagabond is dope.

Comment

Only follow a few manga:

Hajime no Ippo(read as it comes out)
        Vagabond(let it build up and then read every 2-3 volumes)
        REAL(but it's been like a year and a half since the last update from the page I read it from)

Only interested in one more manga, Saint Seiya:Next Dimension, but maybe I'll wait for it to finish and get the color tomes. This sh.it was from my childhood, so It will always interest me.

Anime, I don't really watch anything that's on going....I pretty much only like a few old school animes/mangas. Whenever they come out with a new season of Ippo or a Vagabond anime then I'll watch.

Comment

I read a lot of it until I was about 16, I'm going to be 30 this year and havent been into it since so i'm out of touch.

However, the stuff that really stuck with me was Rumiko Takahashi's works. I got into her via One Pound Gospel (about a boxer, naturally), and then got into Maison Ikkoku, which is my favorite. Still got the graphic novels boxed up at my parents house. It may seem like some cheesy soap opera, but its a great comic about people and life, if you want a break from samurais and giant robots.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
            Only follow a few manga:

Hajime no Ippo(read as it comes out)
            Vagabond(let it build up and then read every 2-3 volumes)
            REAL(but it's been like a year and a half since the last update from the page I read it from)

Only interested in one more manga, Saint Seiya:Next Dimension, but maybe I'll wait for it to finish and get the color tomes. This sh.it was from my childhood, so It will always interest me.

Anime, I don't really watch anything that's on going....I pretty much only like a few old school animes/mangas. Whenever they come out with a new season of Ippo or a Vagabond anime then I'll watch.
            I plan on reading that too. That sucker is past 1000 volumes/chapters! I guess it is forever on going?

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              I read a lot of it until I was about 16, I'm going to be 30 this year and havent been into it since so i'm out of touch.

However, the stuff that really stuck with me was Rumiko Takahashi's works. I got into her via One Pound Gospel (about a boxer, naturally), and then got into Maison Ikkoku, which is my favorite. Still got the graphic novels boxed up at my parents house. It may seem like some cheesy soap opera, but its a great comic about people and life, if you want a break from samurais and giant robots.
              Yeah, the feudal era and the like are my forte. I haven't gotten into any of the sci fi ones. I am a bit interested in the horror genre, but haven't picked up on one yet.

Also, I may seem a bit biased but I usually don't pick up Chinese or Korean authors. I am sure there are some really good ones, but I just haven't felt compelled to read those yet.
              Last edited by North Star; 01-05-2016, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                Vagabond is dope.
                Yeah, the artwork is beautiful. Sidooh is probably on par with how great the artwork is.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
                  I plan on reading that too. That sucker is past 1000 volumes/chapters! I guess it is forever on going?
                  Yes, It's been on weekly publication for 25 years

From this:

To this:

Since it has a lot of action it actually doesn't feel that long, especially once the artist started getting better at drawing and likes to show it off in the boxing matches...there have been fights that span 2-3-4 volumes....

Comment

Awesome, man. Maybe I will start that one in a few days when I finish up Honoo no Nobunaga. It's only 9 chapters.

Comment

Working...
                    X