No announcement yet.

Manga Readers/Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    I think season 2 is out in the summer. Heard it moves away from the manga... So interested if that rumor is true
    I finished up the anime and continued reading. I am coming around to it a bit more now. Season 2 should be pretty good and action packed the first few episodes. I got to find out more about the Titans and Eren. I only have about 15 chapters left in the manga, but it seems to be moving along better now.

Having read the manga and watched the anime, there were several side characters they removed to keep the flow of the story going. I could see that going on for season 2 as well.

Comment

• Reading some old school stuff right now. Work by Hoshino Yukinobu. Starting on 2001 Nights, then will move on to 2001+5 and some of his other stuff.

If you haven't heard or seen any of 2001, it has to do with man's exploration into space and the future. I don't know if it's inspired by 2001 Space Odyssey, or if that work was influenced by this work, but it is similar. I am really liking the 2001 series and look forward to Yukinobu's other work, mainly The Legendary Musings of Professor Munakata.

Comment

• So I did some research and found out this series did have inspiration from "Hard Science Fiction" and not necessarily Clarke's work. So it was inspired by the era of hard science fiction novels and movies. Reading the Wiki for 2001 Nights, some critics actually say it overcomes the material it was inspired by. Having read through most of 2001 Nights, it is fantastic! It's a definite classic in my book and would recommend it to anybody that likes science fiction.

It's a compilation of short stories that are loosely connected and move forward in time. Starting with the initial deep space exploration, and moving on to discoveries that further advance our technology, and give humans the abilities to travel beyond light speed into the furthest reaches of the universe. This manga is classical like Lone Wolf and Cub in a sense, where there really isn't any fluff. The stories stand on their own without unnecessary fluff to get interest.

Comment

• Finished 2001 Nights, 2001+5, and Sabre Tooth. All superb! I enjoyed the 2001 series so much that I am trying to find the hardback versions to add to my bookshelf. I wish Hoshino Yukinobu had done more of them. His science fiction has so much realism, it's incredible. It really looks like peaks into the future of humankind becoming space travelers. Times like this is when I wish I was a Hollywood big wig as I would love to put these stories to film. Apparently there are a couple OVA's for two stories from 2001+5, but I guess they weren't voice acted very well (according to wiki).

Currently reading Kodoku Experiment, another of work of his. I can't get enough of his work on space!

Comment

• How do you guys read manga? Do you buy the english stuff from amazon or use a tablet and some websites?

thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
              How do you guys read manga? Do you buy the english stuff from amazon or use a tablet and some websites?

thanks.
              I read it on my tablet (MangaZone app) and on my computer through MangaReader.net. The MangaZone app is really good and has the largest library I've seen. It's on the iTunes I believe, but not on the android store. For the android version, you have to download it from the website. All free.

Comment

• wow thanks man. I was wanting the nvidia shield tablet and to get into reading manga.

Comment

• No problem! On android, you'll have to go into the settings and allow 3rd party apps in order to download the MangaZone app.

Comment

• thanks. I read manga a long time ago. When I was 13-14 I would play all those hentai games and read the manga's too. Once I started watching real jav I dropped manga. Lol I want to get back in.

Comment

• Welp, my time with mangaka Hoshino Yukinobu has come to a close as I finished the last one of his mangas on my list, The Kodoku Experiment. It was another excellent piece of work and what happens to the main character and the ability he gains (temporarily) had some similarities to the kagune from Tokyo Ghoul. Although the explanation is different as one is an organ of a ghoul, and the other is similar to a parasite. Although since The Kodoku Experiment came first, I wonder if mangaka Sui Ishida had any influence from this work. The use of the ability is very similar, with the exception of dematerializing into vapor or mist like the kagune does in TG. Overall, great sci-fi story in space with a awesome villain that has become one of my favorites, Camilla Burgless. She has such an awesome ability (based on an experiment for military weapons) and would be a tough match for any superhero in any genre. She's that bad ass!

Anyway, I decided for a change of pace and have started the popular Fairy Tale. I am about 6 chapters in and it's good so far. Looking forward to being immersed in this one for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X