Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manga Readers/Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started watching erased.... goddamn... makes me want to pick up the manga. Still ongoing, so don't know how they'll end the anime.... but pretty good so far

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Just started watching erased.... goddamn... makes me want to pick up the manga. Still ongoing, so don't know how they'll end the anime.... but pretty good so far
      spoiler me please...

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
        spoiler me please...
        Watcha wanna know?
        ****ttttt..... i'm seriously considering reading it instead of waiting it out...but I'm going to bunker down and wait 8 more weeks... ughhh

Comment

• Erased, huh? I am going to look that up in a bit...

Finished Battle Royale. Wow, that was pretty graphic over all, you weren't kidding Hougigo! I dare say, I liked it better than the actual novel. That doesn't happen often, but they did a superb job transitioning the medium to manga. I was kind of hoping for some artistic liberties to be taken with the ending, but no it had to play out the same as the book. I mean, the manga took a bunch of twists and alternates with side stories and character interaction, but overall it was really great.

Tip for those planning on reading, be wary of reading at work or around young kids with all the graphic visuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
            Erased, huh? I am going to look that up in a bit...

Finished Battle Royale. Wow, that was pretty graphic over all, you weren't kidding Hougigo! I dare say, I liked it better than the actual novel. That doesn't happen often, but they did a superb job transitioning the medium to manga. I was kind of hoping for some artistic liberties to be taken with the ending, but no it had to play out the same as the book. I mean, the manga took a bunch of twists and alternates with side stories and character interaction, but overall it was really great.

Tip for those planning on reading, be wary of reading at work or around young kids with all the graphic visuals.
            You should check out a manga called I Am a Hero. Wiki description - The story begins with Hideo Suzuki, a 35-year-old manga artist assistant, whose life seem to be stuck around his exhausting but low-paying job, unfulfilled dreams, strange hallucinations and unsatisfying relationships. He sees himself as a supporting character in his own life, has low self-esteem, resulting in frustration.

One day, the world as Hideo knows it is shattered by presences of a disease that turns people into homicidal maniacs, whose first instinct is to attack and devour the nearest human. Armed with only his sporting shotgun, he runs for his life, meeting strangers along the way. All the while, he and his companions struggle to stay alive, while questioning their moral choices.

Comment

• That does sound pretty good. Thanks for the tip Retro!

Comment

• Originally posted by North Star View Post
                That does sound pretty good. Thanks for the tip Retro!
                NP .

Comment

• Got through 11 chapters of I am a Hero, and it's pretty good! Funny stuff so far, and I like the small hints of something going on in the background of the story. Starting chapter 12 with Hideo coming face to face with Tekko and the new reality he's living in.

The imaginary friend is pretty damn funny! Like when he goes to take a piss and he's just sitting there in the toilet getting pissed on.

Good read so far. Seems like it's about to amp up now.

Comment

• I have Berserk vol 1 and 2 but they are still in the tight plastic wrap that newly purchased manga come in. I never opened them, they were given to me.

Comment

• Doctor Tenma/Dominican Soy put me on to this manga a couple of years ago, I really enjoyed it but I forgot the name of it. It was about the afterlife and fighting spirits. I'm trying to describe it on google but can't find it. If I see the name I will remember it immediately. I'll ask dominic.

Comment

Working...
                      X