No announcement yet.

I can't stop listening to the new Adele Album 25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    so you can steal a product or a service based on how you feel [and how little you understand] about how it is produced?
    NE how do you get laid man, seriously

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
      NE how do you get laid man, seriously
      They have to get close.

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
        Gum is manufactured in a factory it was shipped and employed hundreds of people in the process.

An audio file can be duplicated and remanufactured an infinite amount of times by an 8 year old with a cellphone.
        Let me give you a point of comparison and then I'm gonna sign out of this thread. When you buy intellectual property like Microsoft Office, Adobe Pro, Quickbooks, Grand Theft Audo or other software, you are buying a license to use that program; you cannot simply make an infinite amount of copies for other users; there are copyright laws in place to protect against that. If the software engineer was not afforded protection of his intellectual property by law, he would not have any incentive to create new programs for commercial endeavor.

The same logic is present with artists creating music and selling 'rights' i.e. downloads or physical CDs to that music. If you are unlawfully making copies and or on the receiving end of someone making copies of that music, then you are pirating it i.e. stealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          so you can steal a product or a service based on how you feel [and how little you understand] about how it is produced?
          Feeling has nothing to do with it. That is where you are missing the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            Let me give you a point of comparison and then I'm gonna sign out of this thread. When you buy intellectual property like Microsoft Office, Adobe Pro, Quickbooks, Grand Theft Audo or other software, you are buying a license to use that program; you cannot simply make an infinite amount of copies for other users; there are copyright laws in place to protect against that. If the software engineer was not afforded protection of his intellectual property by law, he would not have any incentive to create new programs for commercial endeavor.

The same logic is present with artists creating music and selling 'rights' i.e. downloads or physical CDs to that music. If you are unlawfully making copies and or on the receiving end of someone making copies of that music, then you are pirating it i.e. stealing it.
            i'm just playing BG. The bottom line is i'm not gonna throw hundreds away on music when I can procure music by other means.

I made an investment on my sound system, and I expect to get a return from it.

I prefer to be intelligent with my resources and divert them towards better ventures.
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-20-2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

The overwhelming majority of artists DO NOT own the rights to their music. The record labels have made sure of that.

Comment

I think we're all missing the REAL issue that someone's a fan of Adele.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                  lmfao... I forgot how funny it was that there's an adele fan in the lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    Good point. Who is the beta that said he/she can't stop listening to that beached whale?

Comment

I can appreciate WHY she's liked, and if your name's Julian, you wear pringle sweaters and want to host a cheese and wine party, put her on. I even liked some of the last album, the songs weren't bad, and she can sing.

But... when I heard the preview track of the new album, that "Hello". I can appreciate the adage "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", but even Floyd Mayweather doesn't play it that safe.

Comment

Working...
                      X