No announcement yet.

I can't stop listening to the new Adele Album 25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    I don't even know how to respond to such flawed thinking. Not every artist is gonna be the next U2, Adele, etc. A lot of struggling and 'unknown' artists have a much smaller but devoted following. If that person puts his/her music up for sale on the internet, what gives you the right to download it for free? You're preventing them from making a livelihood. It's no different than if you walked into a grocery store and stole a pack of gum. It's pretty black-and-white, if you can't grasp that concept then you need to evaluate how you reason about things in the world.

i love seeing threads where the grown men talk, and the children get an education

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I don't even know how to respond to such flawed thinking. Not every artist is gonna be the next U2, Adele, etc. A lot of struggling and 'unknown' artists have a much smaller but devoted following.If that person puts his/her music up for sale on the internet, what gives you the right to download it for free? You're preventing them from making a livelihood. It's no different than if you walked into a grocery store and stole a pack of gum. It's pretty black-and-white, if you can't grasp that concept then you need to evaluate how you reason about things in the world.
      Gum is manufactured in a factory it was shipped and employed hundreds of people in the process.

An audio file can be duplicated and remanufactured an infinite amount of times by an 8 year old with a cellphone.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 11-20-2015, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        one person downloading music illegally isn't signifcant.

there was a dude named kant, who knew some sh#t about a lot of sh#T. he said something along the lines of, "don't act in a manner that everybody can't replicate."

what happens if everybody starts downloading music illegally? will musicians and record companies just say, "well, they beat us, i guess we're going to work for free for the rest of our lives."
        The labels make most of their money through corporate radio. Ever wonder why any and every pop/hip hop/r&b station seems to be playing the same crap every hour? Artists make most of their money through touring (usually because they were raked over the coals by said label during contract negotiations). Defience is right about this one fellas. These people and "artists" are more popular now than ever because of ease of access on the Internet.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
          The labels make most of their money through corporate radio. Ever wonder why any and every pop/hip hop/r&b station seems to be playing the same crap every hour? Artists make most of their money through touring (usually because they were raked over the coals by said label during contract negotiations). Defience is right about this one fellas. These people and "artists" are more popular now than ever because of ease of access on the Internet.

"we can download stuff illegally because they make that radio munny."

let's see some verifying data for this

"payola bro."

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
            Gum is manufactured in a factory it was shipped and employed hundreds of people in the process.

An audio file can be duplicated and remanufactured an infinite amount of times by an 8 year old with a cellphone.

holy f#cking crap are you stupid

Comment

"we can download stuff illegally because they make that radio munny."

let's see some verifying data for this

"payola bro."
              I had to do a presentation on this in one of my business courses. I am not going to post a link or anything. You'll discredit it somehow just like you always do. It's not hard to find the info if you can tear yourself away from this site.

Comment

holy f#cking crap are you stupid
                On what basis? He said there was no difference between stealing a piece of gum and downloading music, when there are clearly an abundance of differences.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                  it's not yet but got via torrent.

It's one of the best albums I've heard. She is an amazing talent and she will go down as one of the best female artist ever. She will be the voice of the decade for sure.

Her new video this week jsut got 15 million views in 4 days. Unreal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDWKuo3gXMQ
                  What a straight up ****ing ****.

Comment

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
                    On what basis? He said there was no difference between stealing a piece of gum and downloading music, when there are clearly an abundance of differences.

so you can steal a product or a service based on how you feel [and how little you understand] about how it is produced?

Comment

I hate reading a thread where I agree with New England, but he's reached his keyboard and talked some sense here.

Do I pirate music and films? y[censored]s.

Do I justify it? No.

Comment

Working...
                      X