Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I saw a striking film I'd like you guys to take a look at: Irreversible (2002)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gasper Noe has a few other messed up films which I have not seen yet. I suggest GUMMO, THE ACID HOUSE & BULLY. Not as bad as Irreversible but totally weird. I'm going to watch another Irvine Welch film ESCTASY & I also rented Beyond the black rainbow... If you already watch the first 2 Human Centipedes then you must watch the 3rd. It's more comedy but you have a few recognizable B movie actors like Eric Roberts. Best part of the movie is Bree Olsen. She looks really sleazy. The sweat running down her chest & thighs in that desert heat looks really good...

Comment

I've seen all of Noe's films now. None of them are a patch on this IMO, but I Stand Alone (and the short, Carne, which acts as a prequel to it and should really be watched first) are worth a look.

His latest two, Enter The Void and Love, have their moments, but they're overlong and indulgent, and lack the spark. IMO, obviously.

Comment

rape scene was delicious.

Comment

You ****s seen it yet then?

Comment

Just saw his new one, "Love". The least of his movies for me, but I see he wrote it years ago, and couldn't get it made.

Comment

Irreversible is his best flick. I've only read an article on Love so far and it was a mixed review. I must say I found Irreversible a bit difficult to watch, mostly because I found the style annoying and pretentious.

Comment

I quite liked the two with the dad who has sex with the daughter, but Irreversible is in a different league.

Comment

Saw a strange movie the other night - "The Tribe". About a lawless school full of deaf kids. They sign throughout the two hours, but with no subtitles, so you're deliberately distanced from what's going on.

It was made in the Ukraine... there's no hugging in it, but at one point a guy does get hit and just stands there doing nothing, so I can see the connection.

Comment

Check out the Danish movie Pusher from 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                      Check out the Danish movie Pusher from 1997.
                      You gotta watch all three. I thought they were brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                      X