Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I saw a striking film I'd like you guys to take a look at: Irreversible (2002)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -DEfiance View Post
    I'm just gonna be honest.. I.did not notice that, no.
    Worth another look, mate. (Buddy, Fat Yank)

Just as a slight example, the reason why she leaves the party is that she wants to have a serious conversation with her boyfriend about something (while she's chatting with a friend who is heavily pregnant), but gets irritated by him because he's drunk and goofing around.

Then in a later scene (but earlier in her time) we find that she's pregnant.

Comment

I always get strange looks when i say to people its one of my favourite films, and tell them what happens in it.

Comment

I thought it was a cracking film.... not an easy watch though, for sure.

Comment

I heard the opening is meant to be like a vision of hell. The end is heaven.
          Yet the way she finds out she is pregnant at the end makes the rape so much more sickening. Knowing what is going to happen, or in this case already seeing what happens, but not being able to change anything.
          Isnt there a conversation at the end about a dream or premonition she has?

Watching it a second time is interesting.

The film 'I Stand Alone' is related to this one.

Comment

Yeah, I watched his others, there's a short he did that goes before I Stand Alone as well... Carbone or something.

They all had something of value in them, but this was the standout IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              Anyone seen it yet?
              Yea I've seen it years ago... It's a really good artsy film

Comment

First person seen in the movie:

I'm not sure I like this.

Comment

He's just a character from another film (though you don't need to know that) who only appears for five minutes.

Trust me, you have to give it 15-20 minutes for it to kick in, but it's worth the investment.

The actress Monica Buttercello or whatever her ****ing name is is in it.

Comment

Get on this, ****s, to show solidarity for the people of Paris.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      Get on this, ****s, to show solidarity for the people of Paris.
                      Lol at least recommend a watchable french movie to show solidarity like something with Audrey Tautou and Romain Duris

Comment

Working...
                      X