Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I saw a striking film I'd like you guys to take a look at: Irreversible (2002)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    I didn't hate it but it had some issues in it that are probably going on in the world. It was banned in many countries & the director was arrested a few times I believe but later release. It's pushes the boundaries of decency. Bully is another screwed up movie too...
    if you watched Serbian film the watch irreversible! the first 15-20 minutes is the hardest to get by for some then it gets pretty twisted again...
    Yeah, the scene where he rapes a new born child is beyond sickening.

will check out Bully and Irreversible then.

Comment

I own this movie & passed it around work along with human centipede trilogy, gummo, culigula & the acid house... A solid night at "THE RECTUM" would be a good place for one of your BUMMING escapades with Wladimir... people were not too fond of Serbian film as that was a little much...
      I had to draw the line at Serbian Movie, mainly because I was concerned I'd get tracked if I "streamed it from Netflix".

I see that Gasper Noe had to answer allegations of ****phobia for Irreversible.... I didn't really think of it that way (though I guess if you have a gay bar called "Rectum" in your movie it's pretty full on) but I'm slogging through his latest film, Love, and there were some ****phobic references in that. What, I can't remember, as I was pissed. (drunk, Fat Yank)

Comment

I thought A Serbian Film was trash. Not well made and just about trying to shock.
        I really liked Kill List, which is a British film with a couple of similar ideas.

Good list here.

http://uk.complex.com/pop-culture/20...vies/kill-list

Comment

I've seen all of Ben Wheatley's movies... variable, but worth watching.

Comment

Ur 13 yrs too late! It's every mans dream to do the nasty things to Monica bellucci, minus the violence!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
              Ur 13 yrs too late! It's every mans dream to do the nasty things to Monica bellucci, minus the violence!
              Minus the violence? Speak for yourself, beta.

Comment

Yes n what's ursss

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
                  That's why I put the date of the film in the thread title, you daft ****.

I'm sure this film will be new to lots of people, as I don't think a lot of lounge members watch foreign language movies. I try and watch a few.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    I've seen all of Ben Wheatley's movies... variable, but worth watching.
                    What did you make of A Field in England ?

Watched it recently. I cant get any deeper than saying i liked it. Thought it was very different and looked fab.

Comment

I didn't really feel it, Noose, but then I was watching it live on TV, and I prefer to watch my movies on disc/my computer so I can stop it to enjoy a wee wee. Weak bladder.

Comment

Working...
                      X