No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by man down View Post
    Point me to where the economy is failing then. My 401K is doing amazing thanks.
    another day, another example of tariff pain, plus China turns to our competitors for their natural gas.

Sad.

From the Oil and Gas Journal (not exactly a liberal rag lol).

China imposed a 10% tariff on LNG imports from the US, describing the measure as a response to the latest US tariffs on $200 billion of Chinese goods. The 10% tariff, which includes other products as well to affect $60 billion worth of trade, will go into effect Sept. 24, according to China’s ministry of commerce.

China’s LNG tariffs, given the size of its market, could hinder development of a second wave of US LNG export projects as final investment decisions approach by making LNG from other export regions more attractive. The International Energy Agency in its Gas 2018 annual report released in June predicted that China would become the world’s largest importer of natural gas in 2019, its overall demand expected to grow 60% between 2017 and 2023, reaching 376 billion cu m (bcm). IEA predicted China’s LNG imports would reach 93 bcm over the same period, from 51 bcm in 2017, an 82% rise.

PetroChina and Qatar last week announced a 22-year deal for supply of 3.4 million tonnes/year of LNG produced by Qatargas, starting immediately. “Such a large deal would have been under negotiation before the early August announcement that China planned to impose 25% tariffs on US LNG imports,” notes Alex Froley, ICIS LNG analyst. “Nevertheless, the contract will help underpin Qatar’s plan to expand production by 30% [to 100 million tpy] by 2023, while developers of new US LNG export projects must [hope] that the US-China trade war will cool soon to help them win more of the long-term deals they need to secure FIDs.”

Comment

• Originally posted by man down View Post
      Bro I keep hearing this. Do you think businesses would be doing this good if it wasnt for the tax cuts? Do you think the market is seeing all time highs because of regulations? Do you think the lowest unemployment in almost 50 years is because of Obamas terms?

This was Trumps idea and push for tax cuts but "he just signed a bill" WTF are you puffing on?
      Economies around the world are doing well and the US is simply benefiting from this environment

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I didn't say there was bad news. I pointed out that one of the banks that made a ton of loot when the tax bill was announced is now announcing cutting 10% of the workforce.

So short term, a lot of what Trump does is successful. Long term, we just don't know.
        I’m betting that longer term will be a disaster and a carbon copy of his business career

Trump has always been good at borrowing & spending money but struggles when it comes to repayment

Odds on that he keeps hosing hundreds of billions up against the wall with little consideration given to repayment

Eventually that will present a massive problem for the global economy

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          Are those jobs paying what they used to pay back(inflation accounted for)?

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
            You saying the same bs every day does not and will not make it true.
            Yeah. Barrack surpassed that 4% that 1bad is cheering about.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              I didn't say there was bad news. I pointed out that one of the banks that made a ton of loot when the tax bill was announced is now announcing cutting 10% of the workforce.

So short term, a lot of what Trump does is successful. Long term, we just don't know.
              He injected a stimulus when it wasn't necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                Are those jobs paying what they used to pay back(inflation accounted for)?
                They’re paying more as they should.

Economy is pretty solid at the moment, and signs are good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                  They’re paying more as they should.

Economy is pretty solid at the moment, and signs are good.
                  So manufacturing jobs are paying more than they were paying back then?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      Yeah. Barrack surpassed that 4% that 1bad is cheering about.
                      Obama's yearly average GDP growth over the course of his 8 years was 1,65%. He went above 4% on several quarters, but his average sucked balls.

Comment

Working...
                      X