No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Donald Trump thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    That's probably what's going to happen. I may make it permanent, but I may give him one last chance to conduct himself in an adult manner.

I admit I let him go on way too long. Just about every debate with him ended one of two ways; him resorting to insult very quickly and thus conceding, or a long worn out battle of attrition that went in circles. I gave him too much credit. I figured there had to be some substance in him, but I was wrong.

Turns out he's just like his hero Obama, a guy who can thank affirmative action for all he has. If not for affirmative action, Obama would still be scooping ice cream for minimum wage.

There's a reason a guy like Dunn with no reading comprehension skills whatsoever somehow got into college (if he's to be believed I might add. He's never scanned and posted his supposed degree...) And it's solely because he checked the correct box.

Just another reason we must repeal those racist policies.
    that's not true. I did post them. had them in my avi for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Not my argument at all.

I have no problem debating with anyone that wants to discuss this seriously. There are a number of other conversations I have about this topic that have been completely cordial even when me and the other person do not agree.

Where did I defend the Antifa? I said society is holding the white supremacists accountable for what happened and are blaming them primarily because one dude drove his car over a group of people. I also said this is how society is viewing Trump supporters.

At least debate me first before coming to a conclusion.
      Your right, it was wrong of the Don to pre-judge you without first debating you myself.

First I'll clarify my stance.

I believe on Trump's response to this should have been more harsh, more direct, more clear. He should have named the groups responsible, The Alt-Right and ANTIFA.

I think the main issue I have is many members of this board are putting this in a vacuum which tells me either they are ignorant of what's going on or purposely lying. These riots have been happening all across the country and should be treated as a national issue rather than a Charlottesville issue.

I actually caution every member on this board to go out and protest both of these groups and let them know they aren't wanted in this country. We don't stand with the children of Hitler and we don't stand with the children of Stalin.

Emboldening ANTIFA is the same as emboldening the White Nationalist and vis-versa. Defending either group gives justification for the other to exist. Good people should stand against evil in all its forms even if we agree with some of the positions of those evil groups.

Comment

• The thing about this whole argument about the Alt-right and Alt-left is that one side wants to claim moral superiority, when at Charlottesville, no on can make that claim, definitely not the Antifa and BLM groups that engage in violence. Those 2 groups have no moral superiority to stand on considering the riots, looting, and overall destruction of any place that they show up in. We have witnessed this in the last 3 years.

And let's be honest, the removal of the confederate statues have more to do with what they see as ideas, speech, and concpets, they do not agree with and not any moral high ground as they claim. From banning the mention of Thomas Jefferson's name and quotes at UVA (an university he founded!) to wanting the removal of Washington and Jackson because they are slave owners to shutting down speeches of others at universities with their safe spaces and other nonsense.

The American left boldly claims it is such a morally righteous and inclusive group, unless those ideas, speeches, and concepts go against them.

Comment

• When will the left demand that all things named after racists like Al Gore, Sr and Robert Byrd be removed?

Those racists voted against the Civil Rights Act, and Byrd even led a filibuster against it.

Where's the outrage against those racists?

Comment

• you just ARGUE to argue, NOT to Debate Facts.... You make more out of nothing.... He compared Bundy and another.... Then you say how one killed and another didn't....

President Trump said BOTH sides were at fault.... Yet your ovaries feel triggered enough to find other excuses....

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
              Your right, it was wrong of the Don to pre-judge you without first debating you myself.

First I'll clarify my stance.

I believe on Trump's response to this should have been more harsh, more direct, more clear. He should have named the groups responsible, The Alt-Right and ANTIFA.

I think the main issue I have is many members of this board are putting this in a vacuum which tells me either they are ignorant of what's going on or purposely lying. These riots have been happening all across the country and should be treated as a national issue rather than a Charlottesville issue.

I actually caution every member on this board to go out and protest both of these groups and let them know they aren't wanted in this country. We don't stand with the children of Hitler and we don't stand with the children of Stalin.

Emboldening ANTIFA is the same as emboldening the White Nationalist and vis-versa. Defending either group gives justification for the other to exist. Good people should stand against evil in all its forms even if we agree with some of the positions of those evil groups.
              When a murder is committed, society tends to react harshly if you blame the victim. The response people are directing at Trump and his supporters is similar to the response people gave anyone that talked about police killing when the cops were killed in Dallas-they don't want to hear victims being blamed in any way, shape or form.

Antifa is a label, it is not an official organization. the KKK and Neo Nazi's are actual groups, with actual officers, revenue streams and a political platform. That is a very significant difference. I posted yesterday that its clear groups labeled "Antifa" have committed acts of violence, but society doesn't equate those with what we have seen from the alt right.

I agree that good people should stand against all evil. That stated, people make choices. Society has made it clear that it deems the white supremacist/kkk/neo nazi and their supporters as inherently evil and thus worse than antifa, despite both being flawed and imperfect.

No disrespect to you but when you have a group yelling "Jews will not replace us" and "white lives matter" at a rally that is supposed to be about protesting the removal of a Confederate statute, it is easy to see why society could get confused about what the true agenda of that group is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage View Post
                you just ARGUE to argue, NOT to Debate Facts.... You make more out of nothing.... He compared Bundy and another.... Then you say how one killed and another didn't....

President Trump said BOTH sides were at fault.... Yet your ovaries feel triggered enough to find other excuses....
                WTF? If this is directed to me, I think you should re read my post.

I pointed out that in his example both people are killers. In Charlottesville, in addition to the violence between the groups, a neo nazi (or sympathizer) killed someone when he drove his car through a group of people.

I don't think that can be overlooked or minimized as just "violence" and thus equated to acts from the other side.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 08-17-2017, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
                  This is the America we live in, people who would defend the communist and Stalin because they fought Hitler and the Nazis. It's disgusting that members of this board are defending either of the two groups.

It's even more disgusting CNN is comparing ANTIFA to WW2 heroes instead of Brownshirts.

Honestly, friend, I would ignore the Big Dummy, he's not looking for an actual conversation. His argument is basically they haven't killed anyone yet although it's not like they haven't tried.

Any decent person stands firmly against the White Supremacies and ANTIFA. If they defend either group they aren't worth talking to.
                  Originally posted by Savage View Post
                  you just ARGUE to argue, NOT to Debate Facts.... You make more out of nothing.... He compared Bundy and another.... Then you say how one killed and another didn't....

!

president trump and everyone who dumb considers a trump supporter in this thread has disavowed the violence coming from both sides already, several times in the past in fact.

dumb and the media he's brainwashed by is very obviously attempting to play the gotcha game with semantics. completely disregarding the fact that they are politicizing a woman's death and condoned the violent attacks at trumps rallies for about a year because trump said something mean to them.

yesterday it was the Russians, today it's the KKK. it's a waste of time with these mental midgets.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                    dumb and the media he's brainwashed by is very obviously attempting to play the gotcha game with semantics. completely disregarding the fact that they are politicizing a woman's death and condoned the violent attacks at trumps rallies for about a year because trump said something mean to them.
                    "Never let a crisis go to waste." -Rahm Emanuel (D), Mayor of Chicago

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                      "Never let a crisis go to waste." -Rahm Emanuel (D), Mayor of Chicago
                      Chicago riot was a turning point for liberals who still value our civil liberties and eventually voted for trump. the democrats and their alt-left attack dogs did themselves a huge disservice there.

Comment

Working...
                      X