No announcement yet.

The Reality of this Ronda Rousey/Floyd Mayweather situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    This really does indicate the stupidity and delusions of her fan base.
    Rousey easily outweighs Floyd, she could easily take him down and submit him with a rolling armbar for instance -- game over.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      The money made is completely irrelevant. But you're right, even if Floyd could somehow be lured into such a sideshow it would result in a horrible horrible beating as Rousey got destroyed.

I find it really bizarre that there are so many people who think that a 135 lb woman could beat a man who has been spending the last decade fighting at 145-155 lbs based on her quickly beating up a bunch of part time yoga instructors. But for some reason people say things like:

or

The fact is that Mayweather is bigger, he's stronger, he's faster, he hits far harder and has way greater bone density than she does. If she were allowed to fight him at judo then she'd probably win. As soon as he's allowed to punch it would be done in a minute. It's not like she's the most elusive grappler going forward.

Haha Floyd may well have more money than Trump. There's plenty of evidence to suggest that Tramp has way less money than he claims.

If that were true then there wouldn't be weight divisions in Judo and the sport wouldn't be split between male and female competitors. Strength is very much a factor in judo, which is why judokas do so much strength training. I know from experience.

Against a man. A man with sufficient punch resistance to be able to ship repeated power shots in order to get in close.
      I gave up on trying to have a rational discussion with those idiots. What you said makes too much sense for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        It's a sad situation when we have so called "boxing fans" who are clinging to this woman just because they don't like Floyd.

I've seen people comparing Rousey to a prime tyson in terms of the attention she draws and the excitement of her fights, which to me is an absoloute joke, I don't like MMA that much but Cain was way more exciting to watch then Rousey is.

People are saying things like "Rousey is the most dominant female in the history of the ufc"

Erm, the UFC has only had a womens division for a couple of years.

This is sideshow Garbage, Floyd has $400,000,000, Rousey has $5,000,000.

This really draws attention once again to the fact the only guy getting rich off UFC is Dana White, of Rouseys 5 million, how much of that is from her ufc salaries, and how much is sponsorships, movie roles etc?

People just need to stop giving this crap attention.
        MMA is a lagit sport, and they are great athletes. I know, I have helped train quite a few at Coconut Creek. All my respect goes out to anyone who gets in the ring, male, female....it doesn't matter.

It's not Rousey's fault that she is a dominant athlete in her sport. Of course the level of competition isn't there, but it is relevant. She is a master Judo practitioner, her BJJ and boxing have come a long way. She's about as dedicated as you can get in sports period.

What money they make is irrelevant. That argument is for fans of Floyd that think money matters to legacy, it doesn't. She's a fukin bad ass, and can lagit fight. The way she approaches the sport, I have more respect for her than Floyd. Floyd choosing a guy who's lost 3 of his last 6 fights, as his going away mega fight, is a joke.

Floyd is great, but his legacy will not be because of his own decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
          Rousey easily outweighs Floyd, she could easily take him down and submit him with a rolling armbar for instance -- game over.
          Yeah because Mayweather is just going to stand there and let her do that. As far as her size, let me know when Mayweather fights at 135 again like Rousey does.
          Last edited by joseph5620; 08-07-2015, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            MMA is a lagit sport, and they are great athletes. I know, I have helped train quite a few at Coconut Creek. All my respect goes out to anyone who gets in the ring, male, female....it doesn't matter.

It's not Rousey's fault that she is a dominant athlete in her sport. Of course the level of competition isn't there, but it is relevant. She is a master Judo practitioner, her BJJ and boxing have come a long way. She's about as dedicated as you can get in sports period.

What money they make is irrelevant. That argument is for fans of Floyd that think money matters to legacy, it doesn't. She's a fukin bad ass, and can lagit fight. The way she approaches the sport, I have more respect for her than Floyd. Floyd choosing a guy who's lost 3 of his last 6 fights, as his going away mega fight, is a joke.

Floyd is great, but his legacy will not be because of his own decisions.
            Yeah, let's just ignore his other career fights and the fact that he's almost 40. Mayweather has fought in five different weight classes. Rousey won't even move up one division. But her "approach" is more respectable to you?

Berto is more qualified than any of Rousey's opponents. That's saying something.
            Last edited by joseph5620; 08-07-2015, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
              yeah because her "fanbase" is a bunch of internet dweebs who find this...

attractive for some reason
              damn, she looks like cartman at the special olympics

Comment

1. ronda is not 135 lbs. she cuts weight. she was cutting weight when she was competing at 154 in judo.

2. yeah he can ko ronda but he didn't exactly ko josie harris now did he. he beat her up but not ko her out. in fact she was sleeping, his attack woke her up.

3. there's weight and sex divisions in judo because guess what everyone in judo competitions know judo.

4. strength is a factor when skills are close. if you have 1st hand knowledge of judo/bjj/wrestling then you know smaller guys can beat less skilled guys. in competition judo strength is more a factor than ground grappling judo (BJJ), that's why judo changed their rules because smaller guys take bigger guys to the ground.

5. ppl act like floyd is a big dude. he's 150. if ronda can throw 154 girls, she can throw a 150 guy. weight is weight. doesn't matter a guy is stronger.

Comment

Yeah, let's just ignore his other career fights and the fact that he's almost 40. Mayweather has fought in five different weight classes. Rousey won't even move up one division. But her "approach" is more respectable to you?

Berto is more qualified than any of Rousey's opponents. That's saying something.
                  If you believe this, you need to watch more boxing. Is Floyd deteriorated at 38? Is he a shell of his former self? No, so let's not bring up age because he's still as good as he was 5 years ago.

Floyd is elite, fighting Berto is embarrassing. The fact he said Khan needs to get past Garcia is about as hypocritical as it gets. Maybe Berto needs to beat Karrass, Ortiz and Guerrero?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    If you believe this, you need to watch more boxing. Is Floyd deteriorated at 38? Is he a shell of his former self? No, so let's not bring up age because he's still as good as he was ]5 years ago.

Floyd is elite, fighting Berto is embarrassing. The fact he said Khan needs to get past Garcia is about as hypocritical as it gets. Maybe Berto needs to beat Karrass, Ortiz and Guerrero?
                    No he isn't. I don't even think you believe that. No way in hell is Mayweather the same fighter he was even three years ago. Unless you think he's immortal, he's deteriorated like any other fighter. He's not shot but to suggest he's anywhere near his prime is comical.

Berto is not an ideal choice but it's hypocritical to criticize it when you're giving Rousey a pass for her sh itty resume of opponents.
                    Last edited by joseph5620; 08-07-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Yeah because Mayweather is just going to stand there and let her do that. As far as her size, let me know when Mayweather fights at 135 again like Rousey does.
                      floyd can make 135 if he wants.

he's 150.

he just doesn't need to.

guys can cut 15 lbs. it's just water weight.

boxers cut 20 lbs., wrestlers 30 lbs.

Comment

Working...
                      X