Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Reality of this Ronda Rousey/Floyd Mayweather situation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I reckon Floyd tags her coming in. Too fast and accurate and quite frankly I think they are on different levels as athletes. No disrespect to Rousey when I say that.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      it's a strawman argument because you created it. i'm not sure you know what a strawman is. i'm not trying to be a jackass when i say that, but the posting indicates that you don't know what a strawman is

"she has boxing experience."
      "she's never fought an elite male professional boxer."

that's a strawman.

on the will smith stuff, the stuff about floyd being able to wrestle for a few weeks and perform as well as rousey boxes, i'm done
      i'm done. will smith is an actor who played a boxer in a movie. ronda rousey is a professional athlete.

she is a girl, though.
      You posted my words completely out of context. Nice try.

These are your statements:

Originally posted by New England View Post
      plenty of guys have gotten floyd to the ropes, particularly as he's aged.

oscar, cotto, even maidana and ortiz.

rousey's going to have to cover around a step and a half of dangerous ground. she'll feint her way in, drop to the ground when she's in range, and grab an ankle.

she's not going to feint punches. she's going to feint takedowns. floyd would be able to diagnose feinted punches. he's literally never even seen a feinted takedown. he's not going to throw clean counterpunches against a motion he's never seen. rousey has a ton of experience going against boxing. floyd has zero experience in wrestling, as far as i know. zero.

it sounds like you think floyd is going to knock rousey out with one punch simply because he's a dude.

it's not like squaht, myself, are anti boxing / pro mma. i love boxing. i don't even watch MMA any longer, but i used to. rhonda has experience dealing with punches. floyd has no experience whatsoever with grappling.

This was my response to your comments:

No she doesn't. She has no experience taking serious punches from an elite male professional boxer. Hitting the mitts and getting toyed with in sparring is not experience at that level.

"Rhonda has a ton of experience against boxing" "Rhonda has experience dealing with punches." The topic is Mayweather vs Rousey. Male athlete vs female athlete. My response was not a strawman. You posted "Darchinyan boxed well against Donaire." That's a strawman. I know exactly what it is. I'm not sure you do.

It's funny how you keep referring to Rousey as a "professional athlete" as if Mayweather isn't. Yes, I believe if you gave him time to train he would wrestle about as good as she boxes. He's on a much higher level athletically than Rousey.

I've watched her and she can't box. Even her buddy Mike Tyson called her a "neophyte" "beginner" when it comes to boxing. He only said that because she's a female right?

"Rhonda has experience dealing with punches." From other women who are not boxers? Professional athlete, though.

Whatever " boxing experience" you think she has does not prepare her for Mayweather or any other professional boxer. That's not relevant to this topic unless you believe that she can use it and take Mayweather's punches which is comical.
      Last edited by joseph5620; 08-14-2015, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X