No announcement yet.

Who here accepts biological evolution?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
    We were created by the Aesir, homies. Still waiting for Ragnarok to happen. See you dudes in Valhalla; warriors-only.
    Fu*k that, you can catch me with Hades when this living **** blows over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
      This became a science vs. christianity debate but don't forget that there are 4,200 religions in the world. So this should be more like science vs. christianity vs. the other 4,119 religions that exist on this planet.
      Thats what always happens, because most of these fcuking cowards don't have the balls to go after Islam. They pick an easy target.

Comment

• Originally posted by HaymonBoxing View Post
        Thats what always happens, because most of these fcuking cowards don't have the balls to go after Islam. They pick an easy target.
        **** islam, there i said it.

Comment

• Originally posted by HaymonBoxing View Post
          I mentioned the film Noah. Then Enayze (a Christian) got involved in the films accuracy. And the predictable Christianity vs evolution argument began.

I dont see any way this thread could of argued against Islam unless there were Muslims arguing about the Koran.

Comment

• I believe on evolution, but I don't think we have it totally figured out..

If you don't believe in evolution, then all you have to do is see viruses or bacteria evolve against anti-biotics, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
              You preach to yourself that you cant live in your moms basement forever? Good on you.
              No, I am preaching to you that you cannot live in your moms basement forever and be an internet intellectual.

You're right that things dont happen overnight. But God could of changed things over night, yet chose to let humans struggle, suffer and die over very long periods of time as progress was eventually made.....almost as if he wasnt there! Hmmm.
              I like to think you can see my scepticism.
              It's always peculiar to see people refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Human struggle is the direct result of sin.

If this is a competition to see which religion inflicted more suffering on people, Christianity is well ahead.
              Not when it comes to folks having a lack of religion.

Its not that im upset, im merely explaining how it makes no sense. Understand now?
              If 3 people in the world believed all these tales, id never even think about it. But when over a billion people believe it, i find it interesting, and im fascinated that those who believe it think its everyone else who is going to hell. Never them. lol.
              Let me just tell you something, you are not smarter or more enlightened than the whole 2 billion people who believe.

You're right. Evolution doesnt mean there is no God.

But you say in a hundred years time science will have changed so much that everything we know know will be seen as false?
              I wouldn't say everything, but with development of science things will be viewed drastically different than from today. People in a hundred years will look at our understanding of things as primitive, and people in hundred years from them will do the same. Just as we do about people in our past.

Charles Darwin died over a hundred years ago. And his idea has now become a scientific fact, more widely accepted than ever before.
              Einstein theory of general relativity was introduced almost exactly 1 hundred years ago.
              Newtonian physics was developed almost 3 hundred years ago.
              Spontaneous Generation, The expanding earth, Phlogiston Theory, along with thousands of other theories all have been disproven today, but believed by a good deal of people in the past. In any you shouldn't compare physics to evolution. Physics is a subject that can be quantitatively observed and tested to get the same results over and over, evolution is not. Evolution needs a lot of variables, time, and death to work.

If modern science will be seen as wrong in the future, does that mean the internet and all technology and medicine is just in my imagination?
              Those are technological advances, I hope you are smart enough to see the difference between what we are talking about.

Science is always open to change. But only through new scientific developments. Thats very different to the hundreds of religions and beliefs that have now become extinct. Why is your religion any different?
              Because of the content.
              Last edited by Enayze; 10-10-2015, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• I don't see why people claim that the bible contradicts evolution.

If anything the real argument is abiogenesis vs creation and even that's not an argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid X View Post
                  I don't see why people claim that the bible contradicts evolution.
                  You must be simple-minded, Khalid.

If you are able to read, look at Genesis chapters 1 & 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    You must be simple-minded, Khalid.

If you are able to read, look at Genesis chapters 1 & 2.
                    I'm familiar with both of those chapters. Can you be more specific?

Comment

• Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                      I typically disdain this sort of thing because a lot of people who are unwilling to attribute humanity to a divine source (if we come from a divine source then where did the monkeys come from ) instead like to imagine that aliens somehow played a role in our inception which I think is but another face of species narcissism. Because we're so far removed from the rest of the animal species that we somehow can't be native to this planet yet we're not. There's nothing about human physiology or DNA that suggests we're somehow alien to this planet.
                      Last edited by TheStranger; 07-25-2015, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X