Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soccer Mom Enters The Cage With A Pro MMA Fighter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    LOL @ New England's usual white knighting. The woman is responsible for her own actions, otherwise you are being a sexist by denying her the right to do what she wants, right?

She knew what she was getting into, her "record" shows that. No sympathy, and thankfully no mercy from her opponent.
    loooooooooooooooooooool

You know if it was a man he'd probably laugh or not give a s*it.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
      19 first round stoppages out of 30 fights, is probably some kind of indication.
      Not really. MMA has more finishes than boxing does. Don't forget, MMA has 5 minute rounds, a knockdown does not stop the action, and no Standing Eight Counts all add up to more finishes.

What do you expect? MMA is garbage.
      Get real. Boxing has it's share of mismatches, and not just with fighters with only a few fights. Then you have LSC holding belts and fighting guys who aren't even full-time fighters, and guys like Cotto getting to defend their belts at catch-weights.

Both sports have their ugly side, but to call one or the other "garbage" is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Not really. MMA has more finishes than boxing does. Don't forget, MMA has 5 minute rounds, a knockdown does not stop the action, and no Standing Eight Counts all add up to more finishes.

Get real. Boxing has it's share of mismatches, and not just with fighters with only a few fights. Then you have LSC holding belts and fighting guys who aren't even full-time fighters, and guys like Cotto getting to defend their belts at catch-weights.

Both sports have their ugly side, but to call one or the other "garbage" is ridiculous.
        PBC is destroying boxing, like how Zuffa destroyed MMA. It is really sad.

As sports, there is no comparison. MMA is not even a sport. No one would suggest boxing hasn't had a lot of problems, but at least it has class. UFC is unwatchable. PBC sucks also.

Comment

PBC is destroying boxing, like how Zuffa destroyed MMA. It is really sad.

As sports, there is no comparison. MMA is not even a sport. No one would suggest boxing hasn't had a lot of problems, but at least it has class. UFC is unwatchable. PBC sucks also.
          Zuffa saved UFC and made MMA what it is today.

And yes, MMA is a sport. Same as boxing, kick-boxing, wrestling (not pro wrestling, obviously), football, baseball, etc.

I'm waiting to see what happens with PBC. I wasn't happy with some of their mismatches, but the fights are getting better and there is alot more boxing on free TV now than before PBC was around.

I've said before I think Haymon's long term plan is for PBC to be to boxing what Zuffa/UFC is to MMA.

Comment

Zuffa saved UFC and made MMA what it is today.

And yes, MMA is a sport. Same as boxing, kick-boxing, wrestling (not pro wrestling, obviously), football, baseball, etc.

I'm waiting to see what happens with PBC. I wasn't happy with some of their mismatches, but the fights are getting better and there is alot more boxing on free TV now than before PBC was around.

I've said before I think Haymon's long term plan is for PBC to be to boxing what Zuffa/UFC is to MMA.
            I agree with this but I don't know if the monopoly in the end will be good for the boxers. Great for the fans but bad for the athletes IMO.

MMA has been fantastic in terms of growth (even though it's leveled off quite a bit) but the athletes in MMA are just screwed over. You are the best fighter in MMA and you are getting 1 million per fight? Shame....

Mayweather makes 100 million + and even lower level champs make at least 3-5 million per fight. The promoter system is best for the fighter, as long as they are willing to co-promote. In mma the fighters just aren't getting paid what they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              I agree with this but I don't know if the monopoly in the end will be good for the boxers. Great for the fans but bad for the athletes IMO.
              I also don't know as well. If this is the plan, fighter pay will be interesting to see if the plan works. I've read that Al Haymon's brother was a boxer, and was not treated well (like many fighters). So maybe Al will pay the fighters well even if he achieves a de facto monopoly.

MMA has been fantastic in terms of growth (even though it's leveled off quite a bit) but the athletes in MMA are just screwed over. You are the best fighter in MMA and you are getting 1 million per fight? Shame....
              They get paid less at the top levels, that's for sure. But I will say that back when I was involved with it they made more than boxers do when they are early into their careers.

I'm not sure about how it works with the recent apparel deal Zuffa signed, but I do know that alot of MMA guys were making good money on endorsement deals. Whenever you see a guy with logos, etc all over his shorts, that guy is getting paid by each of those companies.

Mayweather makes 100 million + and even lower level champs make at least 3-5 million per fight. The promoter system is best for the fighter, as long as they are willing to co-promote. In mma the fighters just aren't getting paid what they deserve.
              True. At the top/elite levels, boxers make ALOT more than MMA guys.

Comment

I am not here for a debate.

PBC is trash.

Zuffa is absolute and utter garbage.

PBC is following the Zuffa model, which is horrible for the only sport I love.

There is one card and one card only I am looking forward to right now.

Guess what, it doesn't involve Hayman.

http://boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=711068

By the way, how about how Hayman's shitty promotion knocked off Friday Night Fights?

I've been watching FnF from the start.

I can't watch UFC any more. The commentary is just absolutely horrible. The production is complete ****.

PBC has learned from the UFC, on how to cater to the lowest common denominator.

And sorry bro. MMA is not a sport. It is sports entertainment.

I followed MMA for years and I know a bit about it.

A sport requires suitable rules to be legitimate.

MMA is absolute garbage.

OneFC is the only thing going that is decent, among major promotions.

PBC is copying Zuffa.

It is really sad.

Comment

PBC has learned from the UFC, on how to cater to the lowest common denominator.
                  How so? They've had some good cards and some bad cards. Why such a blanket statement? And another thing about those cards, every one of them has been free. How can a boxing fan not like getting to see more free fights??

I grew up watching big time fights on Saturdays on network TV. I'm glad PBC has brought that back. It's good for the sport and the fans.

And sorry bro. MMA is not a sport. It is sports entertainment.

I followed MMA for years and I know a bit about it.
                  If you don't think it's a sport, you don't know anything about it.

A sport requires suitable rules to be legitimate.
                  Which MMA has. And if you truly followed the sport as you claim, you would know this.

A lot of hate coming from you there. Me, I like both sports.

Comment

They get paid less at the top levels, that's for sure. But I will say that back when I was involved with it they made more than boxers do when they are early into their careers.

I'm not sure about how it works with the recent apparel deal Zuffa signed, but I do know that alot of MMA guys were making good money on endorsement deals. Whenever you see a guy with logos, etc all over his shorts, that guy is getting paid by each of those companies.

True. At the top/elite levels, boxers make ALOT more than MMA guys.
                    Well the first part really isn't a fair comparison. If you get into the UFC, it's not equivalent to what entry level boxers make. Boxers in general make more money, because the UFC entry level guys are already established MMA fighters.

The UFC is the NFL of MMA so to speak, it's the "Big Show".

Also, the advertisement is irrelevant. I'm speaking of the purse the fighters make. Not counting advertisements, or anything like that because it's an outside source. The UFC is literally ripping off it's fighters because it's a monopoly.

Comment

disgusting.. i love fighting and knockouts, but fair fights where the knockouts have a point or purpose.

this is indeed senseless violence with no purpose, everyone involved should be held responsible. this wasnt a professional martial arts contest, it was an assault.

they can tell grown people who they cant marry, what drugs they are allowed to use etc. but they will send a total novice into a cage with a trained professional knowing there can only be one outcome like its no big deal.

i hope the poor lady was alright afterwards.

edit: my vies has nothing to do with her gender, if it happened to a man i would be just as appalled.

its not about what she wants, there is a commission in place for a reason. they need to make sure people compete under the safest possible circumstances. just like they have to pull an unhealthy fighter off a card they have to make sure a complete novice cant get licensed to "compete" against a pro.

that so called fight isnt what combat sports is about.
                      Last edited by #1Assassin; 06-11-2015, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X