Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soccer Mom Enters The Cage With A Pro MMA Fighter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    disgusting.. i love fighting and knockouts, but fair fights where the knockouts have a point or purpose.

this is indeed senseless violence with no purpose, everyone involved should be held responsible. this wasnt a professional martial arts contest, it was an assault.

they can tell grown people who they cant marry, what drugs they are allowed to use etc. but they will send a total novice into a cage with a trained professional knowing there can only be one outcome like its no big deal.

i hope the poor lady was alright afterwards.

edit: my vies has nothing to do with her gender, if it happened to a man i would be just as appalled.

its not about what she wants, there is a commission in place for a reason. they need to make sure people compete under the safest possible circumstances. just like they have to pull an unhealthy fighter off a card they have to make sure a complete novice cant get licensed to "compete" against a pro.

that so called fight isnt what combat sports is about.
    Professional fighting is mostly about mental strength.

This broad could have passed all her medicals quite well and even look good in training and sparring. But the moment she's in the octagon under those lights with all those people in the stands, she forgets everything she knows and we see what happened.

It happens to many fighters, not everybody can handle the pressure. So you cannot blame the commission or her trainers, only her. Only she knows how weak she is mentally once the bell rings(it's the third time this happened to her) not the people who have done their jobs regarding her according to the rules.

Comment

The woman was apparently 0-2 and the one who knocked her out was making debut. So on paper it looks like a reasonable first fight but apparently her original opponent pull out but you never know with this company because they are NOTORIOUS for fights like these. They always blame it on opponents pulling out too.

I can only imagine how her first 2 fights went. She literally obviously has never been in a gym before because she came out throwing a hammer fist like a usual chick street fight like she was about to pull some hair or some **** lmao.

This is absolutely disgusting though

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Well the first part really isn't a fair comparison. If you get into the UFC, it's not equivalent to what entry level boxers make. Boxers in general make more money, because the UFC entry level guys are already established MMA fighters.
        Gotcha. I was referring to guys in both sports who are just starting off their pro careers. Once a guy makes it into the UFC he is top level, at least as far as pay is concerned. And at that level boxers make alot more money.

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
        Also, the advertisement is irrelevant. I'm speaking of the purse the fighters make. Not counting advertisements, or anything like that because it's an outside source. The UFC is literally ripping off it's fighters because it's a monopoly.
        Cool, just the purse is all you're talking about. Fair comparison.

As to the purses, I do have to point out there is less money in the UFC than in boxing. Look at the PPV buys on big time boxing fights vs big time MMA fights. Not only do boxing PPVs get more buys, they do charge more for the cards in many instances.

I'm not knowledgeable on those numbers. Are you? I myself don't know how to find it. I'm a bit curious, and guys here seem to be able to get that info quite easy.

Comment

Damn she got rocked and socked wtf was she thinking and drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            How so? They've had some good cards and some bad cards. Why such a blanket statement? And another thing about those cards, every one of them has been free. How can a boxing fan not like getting to see more free fights??

I grew up watching big time fights on Saturdays on network TV. I'm glad PBC has brought that back. It's good for the sport and the fans.

If you don't think it's a sport, you don't know anything about it.

Which MMA has. And if you truly followed the sport as you claim, you would know this.

A lot of hate coming from you there. Me, I like both sports.
            I gave my take.

Take it or leave it.

I don't come on here to argue with butthurt MMA fans.

By the way, I know a lot about MMA and followed it for many years.

And PBC is trash the same way that Zuffa is trash.

If you don't get what I mean by that me trying to explain it won't accomplish anything.

Comment

Disgusting. .

Not surprised that this happened in mma

I like to think boxing has more class about it

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                Disgusting. .

Not surprised that this happened in mma

I like to think boxing has more class about it
                I remember one time seeing a boxing match in which a guy with no training was fighting, and the ref basically waved it off immediately. It was a Fox Sports after-card fight years ago (after early knockouts, it got on TV).

In MMA most refs are idiots and the standard thing is to allow a guy get beaten halfway into a coma on the ground before stopping a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                  In MMA most refs are idiots and the standard thing is to allow a guy get beaten halfway into a coma on the ground before stopping a fight.
                  More ignorance. MMA and boxing both have late and early stoppages.

Ask yourself, how many boxers have died in the ring vs how many MMA guys have died in the ring. We saw Magomed Abdusalamov beaten into a vegetable in 2013 in a boxing ring, and he isn't the first man that's happened to. That's never happened in an MMA cage.

Comment

Gotcha. I was referring to guys in both sports who are just starting off their pro careers. Once a guy makes it into the UFC he is top level, at least as far as pay is concerned. And at that level boxers make alot more money.

Cool, just the purse is all you're talking about. Fair comparison.

As to the purses, I do have to point out there is less money in the UFC than in boxing. Look at the PPV buys on big time boxing fights vs big time MMA fights. Not only do boxing PPVs get more buys, they do charge more for the cards in many instances.

I'm not knowledgeable on those numbers. Are you? I myself don't know how to find it. I'm a bit curious, and guys here seem to be able to get that info quite easy.
                    The numbers that I have seen (and I don't have a source as of right now) shows that boxing does bigger numbers, but also does less PPV's. So if you look at PPV numbers as a whole, MMA does more buys but puts on more shows.

I just think that with all the money the UFC is making, it can pay it's fighters more than 1 million for the top fighter in their sport. They are putting their lives on the line as are boxers, and deserve better.

Comment

More ignorance. MMA and boxing both have late and early stoppages.

Ask yourself, how many boxers have died in the ring vs how many MMA guys have died in the ring. We saw Magomed Abdusalamov beaten into a vegetable in 2013 in a boxing ring, and he isn't the first man that's happened to. That's never happened in an MMA cage.
                      It is not ignorance. It is commentary based on a lot of watching.

Boxing is technically more dangerous. Boxing involves sustained beatings over many rounds.

It is indeed an issue. Sometimes I question my being a fan of boxing on that account.

But MMA is unnecessarily made more dangerous and more trauma inducing by idiotic officiating.

Being not as dangerous as boxing, arguably, is not an excuse for indiscretion.

And boxing is an amazing sport. Also, I'm no Caut, who is a boxing trainer, but I did compete briefly as an amateur boxer during college. So I'm not a mere armchair warier.

I respect your views too. Just there are a lot of MMA trolls out there so one can never be to careful.

Comment

Working...
                      X