Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe gays should be allowed get married and adopt children?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
    My thoughts are simple..
    I couldn't agree more.

I think allowing ****sexuals to adopt a child is tantamount to child abuse.
    You could've just led with this and saved me the bother of reading the entire post.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. The child doesn't have a choice, they don't know what's going on. The question is, if the child was asked the question at an age they comprehend what they're getting themselves into, do you want to be raised by these two men who are romantically linked? You will not have a mother, just two fathers, do you want this? What would the child say?

Unless this child came from very poor/humble beginnings and the gay couple is rich/middle class, he/she will take advantage and say yes, then again it's okay because they were given a choice. I think that's the most important thing, choice. The marriage thing, I don't care about, that's their choice. The child though, that's not the child's choice to be adopted (or is it?), I don't know how adoption actually works. Does a child who can speak get the option of saying no? I know newborns and infants don't have a choice for obvious reason, they'll just get picked by the gay parents without having a say in it.

Anyway, it doesn't affect my life, so I don't care either way. It's just my opinion, give them a choice. If they say yes, then who cares. My only concern is if this is what the kid actually wants, or when they go through hardships in life because they have two fathers, would they look back and regret that they didn't know what was going on, and if they had a choice they would choose a socially accepted "normal" life.

Comment

Marry, sure..

Adopt a kid no. Hell no.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          I couldn't agree more.

You could've just led with this and saved me the bother of reading the entire post.
          I'm surprised you bothered to read full stop!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Maybe, maybe not. The child doesn't have a choice, they don't know what's going on. The question is, if the child was asked the question at an age they comprehend what they're getting themselves into, do you want to be raised by these two men who are romantically linked? You will not have a mother, just two fathers, do you want this? What would the child say?

Unless this child came from very poor/humble beginnings and the gay couple is rich/middle class, he/she will take advantage and say yes, then again it's okay because they were given a choice. I think that's the most important thing, choice. The marriage thing, I don't care about, that's their choice. The child though, that's not the child's choice to be adopted (or is it?), I don't know how adoption actually works. Does a child who can speak get the option of saying no? I know newborns and infants don't have a choice for obvious reason, they'll just get picked by the gay parents without having a say in it.

Anyway, it doesn't affect my life, so I don't care either way. It's just my opinion, give them a choice. If they say yes, then who cares. My only concern is if this is what the kid actually wants, or when they go through hardships in life because they have two fathers, would they look back and regret that they didn't know what was going on, and if they had a choice they would choose a socially accepted "normal" life.
            Adopted children, as far as i know, always have a say. Children arent forced to live with foster parents.
            A baby being raised by a gay couple wont care about anything unless if they are happy. They are too young to understand about social norms and probably better off for it.

Comment

Life in the care system, or life as the child of loving gay parents who desperately want something biology doesn't allow them. It's an easy decision irrespective of your views on ****sexuality.

Comment

Of course I do, I respect the Constitution.

Comment

yes, but if there's a significant variation between rates of ****sexuality in these same sex adopting couples and a control population i'd hope to see dialogue about terminating the policy.

Comment

Originally posted by Barn View Post
                    Life in the care system, or life as the child of loving gay parents who desperately want something biology doesn't allow them. It's an easy decision irrespective of your views on ****sexuality.

lets say that children adopted by ****sexuals are twice as likely to become ****sexuals themselves.

5% more likely?
                    10 times as likely?

then what?

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      Adopted children, as far as i know, always have a say. Children arent forced to live with foster parents.
                      A baby being raised by a gay couple wont care about anything unless if they are happy. They are too young to understand about social norms and probably better off for it.

social scientist noose on the loose!

Comment

Working...
                      X