No announcement yet.

Any Wrestling Fans on BoxingScene?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    I really enjoyed the Team Hogan vs. Team Flair match, even though I was rooting for Team Flair.

And Tyson Fury is a natural sports entertainer. I hope he joins WWE full time when he retires from boxing.
    Strowman needs a real push already. That match was lame for him. Looks like based on the last Raw episode, they're continuing the Hogan vs. Flair team match into Survivor Series, so it will be an elimination tag this time. I'm not into the whole NXT vs. the main roster feud because while they're making NXT look strong, it's at the expense of the Smackdown roster, which makes no sense to me. I mean, Bayley defends her title and then gets beaten down by Shayna Baszler? I don;t think this is gonna make NXT relevant, like they think it will. This will just piss off existing Raw and Smackdown fans when they see their favorite superstars get beat at Survivor Series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      Strowman needs a real push already. That match was lame for him. Looks like based on the last Raw episode, they're continuing the Hogan vs. Flair team match into Survivor Series, so it will be an elimination tag this time. I'm not into the whole NXT vs. the main roster feud because while they're making NXT look strong, it's at the expense of the Smackdown roster, which makes no sense to me. I mean, Bayley defends her title and then gets beaten down by Shayna Baszler? I don;t think this is gonna make NXT relevant, like they think it will. This will just piss off existing Raw and Smackdown fans when they see their favorite superstars get beat at Survivor Series.

They handled Strowman's push really well in the beginning. Remember his awesome match with Big Show that main evented Raw a few years back. And his great matches with Roman. He was awesome as a monster heel and awesome when he did his face turn back in 2017, he was like a cross between Hogan and Biker Undertaker, as weird as that sounds.

But then the Shield reunion in 2018 ended up screwing Strowman. They forced him to turn heel and team up with Ziggler and McIntyre which was awkward as hell. Then Strowman getting jobbed out to Lesnar hurt his credibility. Now he's just treading water. They should have had him beat Fury, even though I think Fury has a real future in WWE if he really wants to go that route.

I don't like NXT vs WWE angle either, mostly cause I'm tired of invasion type of storylines. They're as played out heel authority figures.

Comment

They handled Strowman's push really well in the beginning. Remember his awesome match with Big Show that main evented Raw a few years back. And his great matches with Roman. He was awesome as a monster heel and awesome when he did his face turn back in 2017, he was like a cross between Hogan and Biker Undertaker, as weird as that sounds.

But then the Shield reunion in 2018 ended up screwing Strowman. They forced him to turn heel and team up with Ziggler and McIntyre which was awkward as hell. Then Strowman getting jobbed out to Lesnar hurt his credibility. Now he's just treading water. They should have had him beat Fury, even though I think Fury has a real future in WWE if he really wants to go that route.

I don't like NXT vs WWE angle either, mostly cause I'm tired of invasion type of storylines. They're as played out heel authority figures.

They did this nxt invasion angle before as u said, also they did it and put main roster guys on the nxt show to help un ratings. Aew has beaten nxt in ratings first 6 weeks. We will probably see everyone on wed now till survivor series.....vince is that much of a prick that he doesn't want another wrestling organization. I dont think it will work in the long run. Aew is really good. They have some stuff to work on but it's a very good product. Cody rhodes promo Wednesday was probably one of the best baby face promos in years. Even the Rock tweeted to cody how awesome it was. Cant wait for Saturday's ppv

Comment

• Originally posted by #mandownESJR1 View Post
          They did this nxt invasion angle before as u said, also they did it and put main roster guys on the nxt show to help un ratings. Aew has beaten nxt in ratings first 6 weeks. We will probably see everyone on wed now till survivor series.....vince is that much of a prick that he doesn't want another wrestling organization. I dont think it will work in the long run. Aew is really good. They have some stuff to work on but it's a very good product. Cody rhodes promo Wednesday was probably one of the best baby face promos in years. Even the Rock tweeted to cody how awesome it was. Cant wait for Saturday's ppv

Nice, I missed the last two AEW Dynamite shows, I'm gonna check it out for Cody's promo.

Comment

• I keep meaning to check out AEW but keep forgetting.

Fuck Vince and HHH and Stephanie and WWE. Pro wrestling needs there to be a new game in town.

Comment

• AEW is still ahead, but this invasion angle brought the ratings closer apparently. Anybody else watch the Amplified Man podcasts? I like his passion and honesty. Other than Dusty Rhodes, probably The Rock and Austin were the only other guys who could do good face promos. And maybe Flair and Piper, when they were faces.

Comment

• WWE really dropped the ball with this guy.

Comment

WWE really dropped the ball with this guy.

Exactly. Look at that strong crowd reaction and it's obvious it made no sense he was buried in a faction and then with the stupid Stardust gimmick, where they had him lose a tag match to Robbie Amell from the TV show Arrow at Summerslam 2015. Vince's loss is AEW's gain. With that promo Cody just cut, I hope that means he takes the title tomorrow night because Jericho, while being pretty good on the mic, is still 48 and looking way past prime in there.

Comment

• Hmm. Nice promo by Cody there

What appears to me that makes AEW cool is the rustic, old school feel of it. Like WCW starting up or something. WWE's problem is that it has been too corporate, friendly, and fake.

#side note: a lot of neck beards there

Comment

• Has anyone seen this youtube channel that does wrestling documentaries? Its pretty good. The guy does his research has a good narration voice and hes funny.

This one is a good one to check out

https://youtu.be/yBoIYhLJ020

Comment

Working...
                      X