I will help you guys make some money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharp_Shooter View Post
    Thats not how you make money on sports betting in the long run

Nobody knows for certain what the outcome will be, all you can do is make an estimation of the odds of a certain outcome

for example I estimate the chances for Takam to win as 30% and for Povetkin to win as 70%

So in this case betting on Takam to win @ +400 is where the value is.

If I estimated that the chances for Takam to win as 10% then betting on him @ +400 would not have any value. Then I would need at least +900 to bet on Takam

I personally find it much better and far more profitable long term, only betting on what you know or think you do rather than taking stabs at longshots hoping to get lucky. You will hit one every so often but is it enough to recuperate all the losses in between?

You may as well play roulette really, put your money on red or black, you have a 50/50 chance excluding the green zero.

I might be wrong but I don't think Takam really has a punchers chance, he ain't outboxing Povetkin and he probably won't win a decision in Russia anyway so to me its a no brainer.

Comment

Im not saying Povetkin wont win but @ -450 there is no value in betting on Povetkin.

I dont think you guys understand how sports betting works
      What is there to understand? Putting P450 on povetkin and winning 100 is a lot better than losing 50 on chakiev.

Comment

I'm a semi professional sports gambler, mostly bet on boxing. I will post my picks here so make sure to check this thread every once in a while
        Thanks, Mate. I'm absolutely skint at the minute.

Comment

I am on fire in the NFL. If anything people should fade me because I don't intend to keep this going. I won again with the Broncos last night. Loaded up on Pats -6 earlier this week.

If it weren't for me being a degenerate and continuing to lose at College Football and MLB I would be up thousands.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
            I am on fire in the NFL. If anything people should fade me because I don't intend to keep this going. I won again with the Broncos last night. Loaded up on Pats -6 earlier this week.

If it weren't for me being a degenerate and continuing to lose at College Football and MLB I would be up thousands.
            this thread isnt about you

Comment

OK it's about you. We'll see how well you do. So far it seems Kadyo knows more about what he is doing than you do.

Comment

OK it's about you. We'll see how well you do. So far it seems Kadyo knows more about what he is doing than you do.
                he doesnt understand the correct way to bet on sports just like pretty much everyone here.

Comment

he doesnt understand the correct way to bet on sports just like pretty much everyone here.
                  It's all relative. 450 dollars to one person might not mean anything. There may not have been value in the 60-1 odds of GGG winning last week, but I bet you there were people throwing around thousands on him winning.

There are different ways of betting each sport. In boxing I believe it's better to take the juice and look for someunderdog value bets. If I thought Takam only had a 30% chance of winning, I wouldn't waste my money. For example I expect Kats win win tomorrow. At +180 that is some good value. But this thread isn't about me.

Comment

It's all relative. 450 dollars to one person might not mean anything. There may not have been value in the 60-1 odds of GGG winning last week, but I bet you there were people throwing around thousands on him winning.

There are different ways of betting each sport. In boxing I believe it's better to take the juice and look for someunderdog value bets. If I thought Takam only had a 30% chance of winning, I wouldn't waste my money. For example I expect Kats win win tomorrow. At +180 that is some good value. But this thread isn't about me.
                    why not? If you make that type of bet 10 times with $100 @ +400, you win 3 out of 10 times.

So that means you lose $700 but win $1200. So thats a profit of $500 in the long run

+400 on an outcome that has 30% of succeeding is a good bet. It has a positive expected value. Of course you will lose the bet many times but in the long run you will make a profit

Comment

fight is about to start

Comment

Working...
                      X