Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
    Yellow flag[edit]
    universally requires drivers to slow down
    It can universally require whatever you want, I'm just letting you know what a yellow flag means in practice. And BY LAW it only requires that you do not pass any cars in front of you, that will naturally make you slow down.

No driver ever slows down during a yellow flag if he sees no clear hazards and there are no cars immediately in front of him.

If there is oil on the track and you choose to gun it anyway, well you were "cautioned" so it's your fault.

It is just that its a Caution flag which advises driver to be "cautious", and that can mean different things to different drivers, but you CANNOT pass a vehicle in front if you, that is about the only thing you are obligated to do under a yellow flag.

Two cars in a yellow flag sector can be going full speed as long as they don't pass each other.

Again, this is how it's used in practice in the real world.

Again, to me it looks sketchy and like most likely Stewart wanted to hit him, knowing him probably did want to do it. I'm a big motorsports fan but I don't know much about oval racing, but I do know Stewart to be a hot head *******.
    Last edited by Banderivets; 08-11-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
      It can universally require whatever you want, I'm just letting you know what a yellow flag means in practice. And BY LAW it only requires that you do not pass any cars in front of you, that will naturally make you slow down.

No driver ever slows down during a yellow flag if he sees no clear hazards and there are no cars immediately in front of him.

If there is oil on the track and you choose to gun it anyway, well you were "cautioned" so it's your fault.

It is just that its a Caution flag which advises driver to be "cautious", and that can mean different things to different drivers, but you CANNOT pass a vehicle in front if you, that is about the only thing you are obligated to do under a yellow flag.

Two cars in a yellow flag sector can be going full speed as long as they don't pass each other.

Again, to me it looks sketchy and like most likely Stewart wanted to hit him, knowing him probably did want to do it. I'm a big motorsports fan but I don't know much about oval racing, but I do know Stewart to be a hot head *******.
      I'm not doubting you but in my experience of watching racing cars they slow down under yellow.
      Not as you suggest naturally to avoid over taking but purposefully.
      It must be quite easy to find the rules for this type of event!?

Comment

exactly!! so even if they have to reduce speed or not, a caution flag usually means something is up so be aware of the surrounding. thats all i was saying.

Comment

i also think steward wanted to scare him by making it seem like steward was gonna hit him. kinda like a "wtf are u doing on the track" move.. i dont think steward meant to really hit him but it just went all bad for both person.

Comment

• I heard he only meant to spray dirt on the kid for being a poor sport. Either way it went horribly wrong.

Comment

• looks like he revved his engine and went after him.

kid rubbed stewart the wrong way or showed up the superstar pro and stewart and his canelo huge bulging ego got pissed and he decided to do what douche bags do and went after him.

he should be charged with manslaughter at the very least. i doubt it happens. looks like the people in charge down there are protecting him and his investment in these type of redneck races.

hopefully the family gets some millions in a civil suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evol View Post
                car before #45 didnt hit him, even #45 was able to swerve out and #45 was the closet one to him.
                Car 45 didn't have another car in front of him blocking the guy. It's kind of like when you're driving in traffic and the car in front of you swerves out of the way to avoid something. You being behind that driver have a much less reaction time

Comment

• Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                  We have a track here where I live. Race nearly every Saturday night. If I were a racer (which I'm not) and this had happened, they would have had cuffs on me before I climbed out of the car.

The only reason he's going to get away with this, is because of who he is. Had this happened in reverse, Ward would have been arrested, and NASCAR fans would be flipping their shit, calling him a murderer, etc.

Every other car that passed by him could see him, and avoid him, but not poor Tony. He couldn't see him, so he swerved directly toward him, sped up, and ran him over. Stewart it a notorious hotheaded asshole. To think that this wasn't at least somewhat intentional is naive, in my opinion.

I don't think he tried to KILL the guy, but he was, at a minimum, trying to scare him. He deserves to be banned from racing, convicted of vehicular manslaughter, and sent to jail.

And if he didn't have a publicist out there somewhere talking some sense into him, he'd have probably raced yesterday, too.
                  Good post, John M.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i'm hearing on CNN that he's racing today...

The dead kid?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                      looks like he revved his engine and went after him.

kid rubbed stewart the wrong way or showed up the superstar pro and stewart and his canelo huge bulging ego got pissed and he decided to do what douche bags do and went after him.

he should be charged with manslaughter at the very least. i doubt it happens. looks like the people in charge down there are protecting him and his investment in these type of redneck races.

hopefully the family gets some millions in a civil suit.

i keep repeating myself, but you use the throttle in these races / cars / tracks to steer.

you just can't tell exactly what he does in the video. we can speculate, but we can't say for sure.

i don't post 10 useless car threads a week, but ask SP50. he'll tell ya.

i heard a lawyer on the TV speculate that he thought the family would recieve a settlement outside of court. in exchange, they'd agree essentially to keep quiet, and not to sue.

Comment

Working...
                      X