Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the English bad tippers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with NOT tipping. I hate tipping. They are at work getting paid already go fuck yourself Im not adding to your wage.

Comment

I get Brits in my bar (within a fine dining restaurant) here and there; they've always been cool and took care of me.

The worst tippers are freshly immigrated/here for school Chinese people. NEVER tip.

Comment

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
        Nothing wrong with NOT tipping. I hate tipping. They are at work getting paid already go fuck yourself Im not adding to your wage.
        Yes there is; really displaying your ignorance and I'm sure you look incredibly poor to everyone when you go out.

Tipping is calculated in employees wages by the government because it is expected that you will tip. When a server brings you a $30 meal, the government taxes their paycheck for a percentage of that sale based on the expected tip.

So you are literally taking money out of their pocket by eating there and not tipping. Servers usually make about 2-3 dollars an hour, but their paychecks are zero because they are taxed based on their gross sales.

No matter how much money you have, you look poor as **** to anyone you take out. Remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
          lol at "talking to a waiter friend" lol.

its ok to admit that you're a waiter shoulderRoll.

my water needs a refill bro.

i always get a chuckle at the 'so i gotta friend/cousin/classmate' veil that people use

as for the topic, my service has to be absolutely insulting for me not to leave a tip...i know most servers live off tips so i do my part

Comment

Yep... Brits and black people don't tip

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              In that case he should slap and Indian because India is the only reason you won.

In the US tips are how the employees get paid. The minimum server wage is insanely low and he majority of their income comes from tips. In fact servers are taxed according to a proportion of the sales value of the meals they serve. The IRS assumes they made 15% average on the restaurant receipts so if you tip them less than that they're actually losing money.

Now there are two advantages to having this system if you're a consumer. Firstly the costs of meals are lower. Secondly a restaurant can afford to employ far more servers because it isn't costing the much money to hire a second or third or fourth server.
              You have no idea what your talking about.. Indians in the revolutionary war weren't from India

Secondly, your other point is way off base as well, they tax them on declared tips not sales receipts, the only way you do get busted is if you claim less Han your credit card tips since so are easily tracked, but even then, it will most likely come down on the establishment, since they are the ones that report the actual tips and close out the credit card batch, and some places, under report tips, because of the unemployment tax is based off payroll and tips... It's super rare for an individual to get punished

Originally posted by Furn View Post
              No one tips outside the US. It's stupid, why give someone money to do theîr job. No one comes into my lab and slips me a 20 for making a diagnosis and I'm saving peoples lives, but I gotta give a guy who opens a beer money ?
              And your probably getting paid handsomely,, in Illinois the server rate is 4.95 an hour plus tips,, do you make 4.95 an hour

Originally posted by Unseen View Post
              A lot of restaurants have a 15% service charge here already. So no need to tip when you are charged it...
              That's only for huge groups usually 8 or more and usually only in fancier places and not casual dining or bars.. If gratituity is added, then yeah you don't have to really tip unless you really like your server

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
              The system is broken as phuck.

They get 1/3 of minimum, but if their tips don't add up to a minimum wage for the hours they worked the restaurant has to make up the difference. So at worst they are making minimum wage. Which is really the amount of money the job warrants. It is easy. I worked in a restaurant for a long time started at the bottom dishwashing and ended as bartender. Servers literally have the easiest job in the place.... not joking at all it is phucking so easy compared to everyone else, yet somehow they manage to walk away with a killing every night due to the hard work from everyone else. Cooks don't see a dime of that money.

Bartenders aren't a whole lot better. The job requires a lot more work but the inflated self worth that tipping influences is unreal. I was at a bar on saturday I get there go to grab a drink. The bar isn't very busy I'm waiting for 15 phucking minutes for this c*nty bartender to take my order, I ask for a beer, turns out the keg is kicked on it, whatever. I'am mid asking for something different and she walks away takes another order then comes back to me. I get a yuengling which is $5 and served in a can and she hands me 5 ones back as if I'm going to reward her for that bull****. Unreal the egos on those people.

I cringe hard at all of the servers I come across who ***** about their tips or how someone didn't tip them enough.
              Not sure where you worked, but serving is the hardest job as well as bartender.. I highly doubt your story, because anyone that works in the service industry and works off tips, is usually a great tipper.. I think your story is full of bull***** or your just a tight ass ****

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
              I've just paid £40 for a meal, that is a days wages for some people. Why should I have to tip if you're already getting paid at lest minimum wage.
              Sounds like your poor.. If you can't afford to tip, then stick to McDonald and Taco Bell...
              Servers aren't paid minimum wage unless no one tips, and it's a huge difference between working a counter at mcdonalds and actually serving guests at a table..
              I can tell you never worked in the industry, hence why you have a **** attitude about it

Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
              My post below basically is proven right with your statement.. Your a ****, and pretty sure you don't have the disposable income to go out to an actual restaurant unless it Buffalo Wild Wings on wing night special..

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Yep... Brits and black people don't tip
              I speak from experience, grew up in the business dishwasher at 15, worked at subway and blimpie, Mexican spot, ice cream shack, thru high school, all thru college I worked at bennigans and Buffalo Wild Wings, and now own a pub and grill...
              I can see guys that know the deal like paulf and others who are just cheap ****s

Comment

How much do use have to tip them, whats the going rate??? say you go to a bar, do you have to give the guy a tip everytime you order a beer???

When you go to a cafe, how much do you leave them for a tip???

You get a takeaway delivered how much does he get????

You get a taxi, what about him???

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
                  How much do use have to tip them, whats the going rate??? say you go to a bar, do you have to give the guy a tip everytime you order a beer???

When you go to a cafe, how much do you leave them for a tip???

You get a takeaway delivered how much does he get????

You get a taxi, what about him???
                  I usually tip at least a buck every time I get a round, or a few bucks if it's a big round.. I usually always leave at least five bucks no matter if my bill is only 3.. On par is 15-25% of bill.. If you are a regular and tip well, the servers will be awesome towards you.. I tip very generously since I know the business and know the crap that servers have to deal with, namely customers like burner and some others.. 10-20% of people are just *******s to servers..

For a delivery guy, I always tip my pizza guy or jimmy john guy a few bucks if it comes promptly.. 2-5 bucks depending in the size of the order

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    I usually tip at least a buck every time I get a round, or a few bucks if it's a big round.. I usually always leave at least five bucks no matter if my bill is only 3.. On par is 15-25% of bill.. If you are a regular and tip well, the servers will be awesome towards you.. I tip very generously since I know the business and know the crap that servers have to deal with, namely customers like burner and some others.. 10-20% of people are just *******s to servers..

For a delivery guy, I always tip my pizza guy or jimmy john guy a few bucks if it comes promptly.. 2-5 bucks depending in the size of the order
                    I still cant get my head around that, but I suppose its the way things are over their, and when im over il do the same, don't want to look like a tight fisted ****

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
                      I still cant get my head around that, but I suppose its the way things are over their, and when im over il do the same, don't want to look like a tight fisted ****
                      I just do it because I know how it is to be a server, and since then I have been fortunate in life to be successful so I like to spread the love to people that were in my position

I'm very generous, and my tipping is alittle overboard..

Comment

Working...
                      X