Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the English bad tippers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Situations where you are expected to give people extra money for doing their job are rare here. Eating at a proper restaurant is probably the only one. Tipping a bartender for pouring a drink, tipping people at a café or fast food type diner, tipping barbers and those people who stand their to open doors, it's all not common place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
      lol at "talking to a waiter friend" lol.

its ok to admit that you're a waiter shoulderRoll.

my water needs a refill bro.

Comment

In NYC recently seems everyone wanted a tip. The guy who insisted on carrying my suitcase...the waitress in the lap dancing club. Both just stood there expecting a tip. Im not used to it, so i hesitated.
        The cab driver literally asked me for a tip.
        None of them actually deserved a tip for great service.

After that i just tipped to not feel like a cheap rude bastard. Which on my ****ty wage, i shouldnt be made to feel like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
          lol at "talking to a waiter friend" lol.

its ok to admit that you're a waiter shoulderRoll.

my water needs a refill bro.
          Last edited by Bardock; 07-20-2014, 02:41 AM.

Comment

In restaurants as mentioned there is a service charge usually added.

Tips are random here if you want to give them one. I normally just put a couple of quid in or something.

In the states I would tip though. You'd have to be a **** not to. We are aware of your tipping culture.

But it does seem silly to tip for everything if good service is not received.

But to be honest good customer service is not something Brits got on board with until the last decade or so. Before that you could have a stand up row with a customer openly take a **** on his plate and probably keep your job. Our standards generally aren't that high.

Comment

The system is broken as phuck.

They get 1/3 of minimum, but if their tips don't add up to a minimum wage for the hours they worked the restaurant has to make up the difference. So at worst they are making minimum wage. Which is really the amount of money the job warrants. It is easy. I worked in a restaurant for a long time started at the bottom dishwashing and ended as bartender. Servers literally have the easiest job in the place.... not joking at all it is phucking so easy compared to everyone else, yet somehow they manage to walk away with a killing every night due to the hard work from everyone else. Cooks don't see a dime of that money.

Bartenders aren't a whole lot better. The job requires a lot more work but the inflated self worth that tipping influences is unreal. I was at a bar on saturday I get there go to grab a drink. The bar isn't very busy I'm waiting for 15 phucking minutes for this c*nty bartender to take my order, I ask for a beer, turns out the keg is kicked on it, whatever. I'am mid asking for something different and she walks away takes another order then comes back to me. I get a yuengling which is $5 and served in a can and she hands me 5 ones back as if I'm going to reward her for that bull****. Unreal the egos on those people.

I cringe hard at all of the servers I come across who ***** about their tips or how someone didn't tip them enough.
              Last edited by Danny Gunz; 07-20-2014, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Credit Crunch Doe...

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                  No one tips outside the US. It's stupid, why give someone money to do theîr job. No one comes into my lab and slips me a 20 for making a diagnosis and I'm saving peoples lives, but I gotta give a guy who opens a beer money ?
                  Exactly man, these fat yanks are a lost cause

Comment

I tip based on service.

If I have to ask for a refill or napkins youre ****ed.

Comment

Working...
                    X