Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the English bad tippers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one tips outside the US. It's stupid, why give someone money to do theîr job. No one comes into my lab and slips me a 20 for making a diagnosis and I'm saving peoples lives, but I gotta give a guy who opens a beer money ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
      lol at "talking to a waiter friend" lol.

its ok to admit that you're a waiter shoulderRoll.

my water needs a refill bro.
      I'm not a waiter but wouldn't be ashamed to admit it if I was.

Grew up in a working class family, in a working class neighborhood. And I'm proud to say that many of my circle of friends are from that strata of society to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        I'm not a waiter but wouldn't be ashamed to admit it if I was.

Grew up in a working class family, in a working class neighborhood. And I'm proud to say that many of my circle of friends are from that strata of society to this day.
        sure sure.

nobody talks to a friend about the english being bad tippers then makes a thread about it in the lounge. lol you aint fooling me. btw, my brother is a waiter and put two kids in college. you can make a lot of money waiting if your slick with your tongue and work at a high class high occupancy joint. He often would come home with $100 bucks a night because he knew how to work rich white customers.

you dont have to pretend to talk to your friend.

Comment

Don't know any Brits but one time I was in South Beach in hostel, paid like 15 bucks a night, AC and fridge and 200 yards from the club district and the beach.

Anyway I was talking to a bunch of Englishmen in the hostel and then we went to an Irish bar and at the end they almost got in a fight with me cause they thought I tipped a dollar less and I am talking about ****sexuals. So these ****sexuals had the nerve to pressure me to give more tip or else. I don't even remember what happened.

It was all blurry cause just before we were about to leave I thought I was hanging out with ****sexuals and they were giving me compliments. I don't mind ****sexuals as I have worked with them but I don't like to hang out with ****sexuals.

So what I gathered is that ****sexual Englishmen are very eager and enthusiastic tippers.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
            No one tips outside the US. It's stupid, why give someone money to do theîr job. No one comes into my lab and slips me a 20 for making a diagnosis and I'm saving peoples lives, but I gotta give a guy who opens a beer money ?

^ doesn't get it.

servers in the US get a third of the minimum wage in many cases. the idea is that you lower the operating costs for restaurants, who lower their prices, and it stimulates business.

it also, you know, makes for better service. they work for tips.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              In that case he should slap and Indian because India is the only reason you won.

In the US tips are how the employees get paid. The minimum server wage is insanely low and he majority of their income comes from tips. In fact servers are taxed according to a proportion of the sales value of the meals they serve. The IRS assumes they made 15% average on the restaurant receipts so if you tip them less than that they're actually losing money.

Now there are two advantages to having this system if you're a consumer. Firstly the costs of meals are lower. Secondly a restaurant can afford to employ far more servers because it isn't costing the much money to hire a second or third or fourth server.

what on earth are you even talking about?

Comment

A lot of restaurants have a 15% service charge here already. So no need to tip when you are charged it...

Comment

I was at a chinese restaurant downtown toronto with a bunch of co-workers - around 8 of us. And we tipped I believe 11 % as a whole and the waiter came back to us demanding that the tip be increased to 13%. I just wanted to slap him but then there were 5 Asians in the group and they decided to give him more money.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken the almost always expecting a tip is only an American and Canadian thing to do as far as the developed world is concerned. The whole "fake friendly" service is also a North American thing in hopes of a higher tip.

Have a look at this:

http://thesavvybackpacker.com/guide-....FPN5S8mH.dpuf
                    Last edited by Box-Office; 07-19-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                      So what I gathered is that ****sexual Englishmen are very eager and enthusiastic tippers.
                      i take it you have since capitalised on this information?

Comment

Working...
                      X