Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep Dish Pizza (Chicago Style)vs Neopolitan Pizza (New York Style) Which 1 is better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep Dish Chicago style pizza is disgusting....tastes like an undercooked tomato stew.
    WAAAY too many toppings. You never find those things in Italy. And yes, I've eaten some in Chicago (under extreme duress).

My Calabrian mother and grandmother made the best pizza IMO although obviously I'm prejudiced. Ate it on Friday's cause we didn't eat meat on Friday back in the day.
    Thin crust with only a small dollop of tomato sauce, sprinkled with a little shaved cheese. Maybe an anchovy or two on top. That's it.

I do like Napolitan square pizza. It's not a awfully thick and stewy like the Chicago stuff.

I had a pizza here in Dallas that was supposed to be "East Coast pizza". Made by a Mexican in a wood fired oven. The manager asked me my opinion (as my accent gave me away) and I was honest with him: too much cheese (I suggested he tell the cook it wasn't an enchilada), underdone crust, but good sauce. I told him the crust should be close to burned...he said he understood but he Texas customers would send it back as being "burnt up".

Comment

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
      Deep Dish Chicago style pizza is disgusting....tastes like an undercooked tomato stew.
      WAAAY too many toppings. You never find those things in Italy. And yes, I've eaten some in Chicago (under extreme duress).

My Calabrian mother and grandmother made the best pizza IMO although obviously I'm prejudiced. Ate it on Friday's cause we didn't eat meat on Friday back in the day.
      Thin crust with only a small dollop of tomato sauce, sprinkled with a little shaved cheese. Maybe an anchovy or two on top. That's it.

I do like Napolitan square pizza. It's not a awfully thick and stewy like the Chicago stuff.

I had a pizza here in Dallas that was supposed to be "East Coast pizza". Made by a Mexican in a wood fired oven. The manager asked me my opinion (as my accent gave me away) and I was honest with him: too much cheese (I suggested he tell the cook it wasn't an enchilada), underdone crust, but good sauce. I told him the crust should be close to burned...he said he understood but he Texas customers would send it back as being "burnt up".

i would have come out of the kitchen and slapped you, ese.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i'm italian. neapolitan, actually.

i really like greek style pizza and sub shops. they're basically all we have here unless you're in a major city. greeks rule this town.
        Never been to Pizzeria Regina? Shame on you

Comment

From Chicago, but never been one of those, "OMG, our pizza is the best!" type of guys, because I haven't had NY style, but Lou Malnati's, Gino's East, Peaqouds, I don't see how you can top those places.

And to whoever said the crust doesn't matter, you're crazy. The crust is sometimes what separates regular pizza and top tier pizza.

Comment

Both are great but It's pretty simple: you want a meal? Chicago style. You want a slice or two on the go? New York style. /Thread

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              i would have come out of the kitchen and slapped you, ese.
              With what? Your chimichanga?

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                From Chicago, but never been one of those, "OMG, our pizza is the best!" type of guys, because I haven't had NY style, but Lou Malnati's, Gino's East, Peaqouds, I don't see how you can top those places.

And to whoever said the crust doesn't matter, you're crazy. The crust is sometimes what separates regular pizza and top tier pizza.
                Burt's Pizza, Morton Grove...good luck getting someone to answer the phone.

Plus like I said those typical "Top Chicago Pizza Places" are overhyped, save for Coalfire.

Waldocooney's, Just a Pizza, Lina's, Miller's on 35th, and another one in Bridgeport I can't think of the name now...I'd rather have a pie at any of those over most of the popular joints downtown/near north.

Comment

The only two places I've had in Colorado that I actually liked the pizza was Beau Jo's and Benny Blanco's from the Bronx.

I would never sit here and try to say Pizza from the West could match the East Coast or Chicago though.

Comment

Both are great to be honest. NY style is better after the club, when you just fold it up and eat it piping hot.

Chicago style is better when you are sitting down, ready to have a serious meal.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

I would never sit here and try to say Pizza from the West could match the East Coast or Chicago though.
                      Wacha talkin bout Willis! West has the best "stoner" pizza. Seriously we pile some weird sht on our pizza's here in Cali. My buddy took me to this pizza joint where they cut the middle out and they put tater tots with chilli n cheese and they put two fried eggs on top. Steak, bacon, jalapenos n pineapple for toppings. That was delicious. I wouldn't even consider it pizza anymore but hey its Cali. We don't know better

Comment

Working...
                      X