Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL LOUNGE FIGHT DISCUSSION/RBR thread!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
    Body work from Cotto is going to be key Tbear my good friend. If Cotto can invest in the body early then Sergio is really gonna have a problem on his hands.
    Quite possible Chief2ndz, an aggressive attack will answer a lot about Martinez's legs(knees).

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
      Body work from Cotto is going to be key Tbear my good friend. If Cotto can invest in the body early then Sergio is really gonna have a problem on his hands.
      And this is why i think the size difference will be too much for Cotto. Going to the body is key, and its been a feature in nearly all his best performances, but can he do that much damage?

I mean in terms of toughness Martinez cant be questioned, and he hung inside with a light heavyweight in JCCjr taking shots to the body without too many problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
        I can see Cotto taking a lot of punishment every time he goes to the body. Martinez's punch power is no joke and neither is his speed.
        I don't see that with Martinez's power. Like, at all.

He gets a lot of hype from the excellent one punch KO against Williams but truthfully, that was a result of Williams fighting like a spastic and getting tagged with the same shot since the opening bell. Like always, Williams was leaning into his smaller opponent instead of using his sizable physical attributes to his own advantage.

To me, Martinez is an accumulation and finesse guy, not a power guy. Look at the Barker and Macklin fights. Those were textbook accumulation stoppages.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          lol...to the fight..i couldnt sucker any of my buds to pitch in
          2-0 Rangers
          Last edited by BERNIE'S CORNER; 06-07-2014, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
            To the thread or to a stream?

To the post fight party at Sergio's house...

Comment

Ever have to have surgery on them?
              I need it. I have been waiting until I am completely done playing sports though. Doctor told me I have Batman knees(no cartilage).

Comment

He gets a lot of hype from the excellent one punch KO against Williams but truthfully, that was a result of Williams fighting like a spastic and getting tagged with the same shot since the opening bell. Like always, Williams was leaning into his smaller opponent instead of using his sizable physical attributes to his own advantage.

To me, Martinez is an accumulation and finesse guy, not a power guy. Look at the Barker and Macklin fights. Those were textbook accumulation stoppages.
                I do agree. Martinez doesn't have incredible one punch power ala Julian Jackson but, every time he tags his opponent with a flush shot, they feel it.

Cotto has shown he can be stopped with an accumulation of punches and I am edging towards that happening.

Comment

Say what you will about Roach fighters. They are always in shape

Comment

Agree but Cotto is moving up. He earned the fight by stopping a welterweight in Rodriguez. Martinez may step down a bit on his punches.

There is a slight possibility that Cotto may surprise us by bringing up some speed from welterweight. Might not be enough tho.

Comment

Sergios's style relies so much on mobility. You have to figure that at his age he will be naturally slowing down as it is, then on top of that there are the knee surgeries to consider. So in my mind he won't be able to be effective doing what he usually does.

Can he change things up successfully, allegedly with no sparring to help him break in a new strategy? I just don't know.

Cotto looks to be in great shape going into this one. He showed that he is still a dangerous opponent by giving Floyd a tough fight plus his confidence is through the roof since hooking up with Freddie Roach. With a rabid MSG crowd cheering his every move the ingredients are there for an upset.

I'm picking him to win by decision with an outside possibility of a TKO if Sergio's body can't take the wear and tear and they have to stop it.

Comment

Working...
                      X