Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL LOUNGE FIGHT DISCUSSION/RBR thread!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio stops in the championship rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      Sergio stops in the championship rounds.
      Agree, too big, too fast, too busy, & just too good to get beaten by Cotto I thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        Well, you guys have been asking me for this one for a while and, seeing as how two separate threads were created here about Martinez/Cotto within just the past hour, I can't think of a better time to implement this thread.

This is our fight discussion thread - For lounge regulars only. This is the place to actually talk boxing with your lounge buddies without having to contend with a sea of contentious teenage fanboys spouting nonsense or labeling you a "h8er."

I want to make this clear - I want this thread to be a success. I don't want to see the same sort of idiotic trolling and bull**** in this thread that you see in NSB on a daily basis - The entire purpose of you guys requesting this thread is to bypass all of the bull**** and idiocy that occurs in NSB. So be thoughtful, respectful, and mature when discussing fights in here, as I'll not respond kindly to people trying to derail the conversation or turn it into further Mayweather/Pacquiao gayness.

Time to get cracking, fellas. Enjoy.

NOTE - If this thread ends up being a hit, I'll sticky it for you guys for easier access.

Great idea. And by 'God' thanks for reminding me that Martinez/Cotto is tonight. I've been busy. I just flipped around TV channels (HBO and SHO) looking if there is any fights tonight and nothing. It didn't occur to me that any PPV fights were on tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupo303 View Post
          Great idea. And by 'God' thanks for reminding me that Martinez/Cotto is tonight. I've been busy. I just flipped around TV channels (HBO and SHO) looking if there is any fights tonight and nothing. It didn't occur to me that any PPV fights were on tonight.
          What were your initial feelings when you realised you would have to buy a PPV to get your fix tonight?

Comment

Sometimes you have to pay to play, my capitalist friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
              I can see Cotto taking a lot of punishment every time he goes to the body. Martinez's punch power is no joke and neither is his speed.
              IDK Adam my man. I doubt Cotto comes in to bodysnatch without his jab. And its a very underrated jab IMO. Not saying Sergio wont touch him, but I don't think he is respecting Cotto's strength and ring IQ.

Comment

You two misunderstood. It didn't occur to me that there were any BIG caliber fights on the horizon for this weekend, especially PPV events. We had Froch-Groves last week. I thought this weekend was a cool-down period. I've been too busy the last few days to keep up with the BS's headline page.

Comment

You two misunderstood. It didn't occur to me that there were any BIG caliber fights on the horizon for this weekend, especially PPV events. We had Froch-Groves last week. I thought this weekend was a cool-down period. I've been too busy the last few days to keep up with the BS's headline page.
                  How do you see the fight playing out?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
                    IDK Adam my man. I doubt Cotto comes in to bodysnatch without his jab. And its a very underrated jab IMO. Not saying Sergio wont touch him, but I don't think he is respecting Cotto's strength and ring IQ.
                    I think tonight could possibly be the second night in Cotto's career where his jab falls short, the first being to the 154lb LMW "No Doubt" Trout. This fight does have so many questions I'll give you that. All I am certain of is, this fight is definitely worth staying up till 4am for

Comment

The way Sergio drops that right hand when he throws a left is criminal. Cotto's best punch is the left hook as we all know. Can anyone see this shot landing for Cotto at will once he gets his timing of Sergio down, say round 3?

Comment

Working...
                      X