Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So basically we all got fired NEED a new job ASAP!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that man. Things are so damn competitive in So Cal, particularly Los Angeles. These days it's like you need a master's degree to get a decent job. I've been trying to get a job with the government for a minute. Good luck and continue to pound that pavement homie. Something good will come your way.
    Green K bro i was applying for a government job for like over a year now I was planning to leave my job for pretty much any gov job that would have me as long as the salary was decent cause those benefits and retirement benefits are sweet. The problem is they are super competitive I actually went in for a 2 hour exam twice passed both exams and even interviewed in front a panel only to end up on an eligibility list for the following year.

Can you believe all those hoops you gotta jump through just to get to the next round with them?

And yes Southern California is probably the most competitive region in the nation. Everyone wants to be a baller and uphold a certain image and lifestyle out here so the competition is insane.

But good luck to you as well hit the grind as well throw on your freshest suit and get the cleanest fade and hit the pavement hard Hulk.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
      the problem is im part of the generation that did not use excel at all in high school or college none of my courses required it and none of my courses taught it. i went straight into the work force doing sales and customer service and never had a job that actually required me to use Excel. I kept working and moving up the ladder and all of my bosses used their own manual systems to document our sales figures.

it was not until most recently we merged with another company who the new executive management team were all about excel and other software programs that we never used at all. the new CEO got pissed that none of us knew how to use any of these things so he made some drastic changes and of course they think they are saving a ton of money by having younger employees do our jobs at 1/2 the salary we been getting paid.

also i couldnt even have time to study it cause the rumor came out of no where and ive been working all the time so unless i went to starbucks for my lunch breaks just crammed that would be the only way i could even study.
      Im 29 now

When i graduated college i never used excel in my life; never had to

When i first temped at my first office job i was required to use excel. I didnt know how to use it but since i was a temp they didnt give me anything too advanced so very simple stuff where i can slowly learn

And i did just that

Im a full time employee now and people are always asking me how to use excel
      I dont know the super advance stuff but the basic and intermediate stuff im pretty good with

So yea get on it

Comment

i was facef#cking a thick girl this morning, and she ripped ass when she gagged on me. i'll probably never call her again.

Comment

My friend sells weed to pay for his college tuition. I've seen him make anywhere from $500 to $1000 a week! Not a bad option considering that more states are beginning to support the legalization of marijuana.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
            Im 29 now

When i graduated college i never used excel in my life; never had to

When i first temped at my first office job i was required to use excel. I didnt know how to use it but since i was a temp they didnt give me anything too advanced so very simple stuff where i can slowly learn

And i did just that

Im a full time employee now and people are always asking me how to use excel
            I dont know the super advance stuff but the basic and intermediate stuff im pretty good with

So yea get on it
            exactly. for me it was the same thing but since i kept getting promoted at work and not doing any real temp/office work but more property management, customer service management, sales management, but no real office clerical duties or whatever i always had an assistant or secretary that would do all that for me so my skills never really developed in Excel, and other programs.

I knew how to do Power Point cause I used it in college reports and work presentations but Excel always freaked me out for some reason maybe because I know the numbers don't lie and its such a easy fast way to tell if someone is wrong or not doing their job cause its so cut and dry. Executives who prefer Excel seem to have no personality too like an accountant has no life.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

Sounds to me like the management in your ex Company sucks. How can excel cabalities be the single factor that determines which 62 guys are to laid off? There must have been other skills that was important enough to say invest in an excell course for the preferred employees.

Anyway best of luck in finding a new job.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                Sorry to hear that.

Sounds to me like the management in your ex Company sucks. How can excel cabalities be the single factor that determines which 62 guys are to laid off? There must have been other skills that was important enough to say invest in an excell course for the preferred employees.

Anyway best of luck in finding a new job.
                green karma bro

yeah the new ceo and executive team took look at all of our books and were pissed they were pretty much in ledgers and half ass excel spread sheets.

i guess they just want to do meetings strictly online through emails and skypes so they dont have to actually physically be at any of our properties?

also they probably figure most of management is old and on their way out anyway everyone is like 55 and older im the only one who's still in his 30's maybe one other guy is like 37 or something but they must have figured they can pay younger blood to do our jobs at 1/2 the cost and not have to give us all of our benefits. its pretty much just like any other sleazy CEO who does whatever it takes to save the company as much money as possible.

Comment

*UPDATE*

"So in the mean time I've been walking into a bunch of local companies dropping off my resume.

I even got so desperate that I even applied to: Costco, Carmax, Nordstroms, Enterprise, Public Storage and REI.

These were all like 7 miles within where I live so I don't want to commute long anymore."

LOL so all of these places basically got back to me and said I was over qualified. At least they got back fast

Comment

*UPDATE*

"So in the mean time I've been walking into a bunch of local companies dropping off my resume.

I even got so desperate that I even applied to: Costco, Carmax, Nordstroms, Enterprise, Public Storage and REI.

These were all like 7 miles within where I live so I don't want to commute long anymore."

LOL so all of these places basically got back to me and said I was over qualified. At least they got back fast
                    Keep your head up.

You got a savings? How long can you last without a job?

Comment

gave out too much Green K in the last 24hrs but thanks bro

so Mor pays $19/hour for delivering furniture seems like you'd need a special type of driving license right for those bigger trucks?
                      I got a good Govt' job as a Technician ... then I stepped up in pay Grades twice ... but at that point I secured myself in case anything happened in the future ... I got my CDL A license ... I can drive those big trucks if need be, i'm still trying to move up in the Govt' ... wish you had a back up plan ... luckily you're still young enough to set that up ... Good luck bro, wish ya the best, we know u have the heart to get ahead

Comment

Working...
                      X