Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So basically we all got fired NEED a new job ASAP!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear, man. Times are hard in this economy. Knock on every door and come backs stronger; good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedMurderer View Post
      Tough break man its rough out there, wish you best of luck.

if you got your drivers license, apply to mor' furniture they have several spots in califonia and you start off at around 19 an hour probably not what you looking for but its decent money till you find something better.
      gave out too much Green K in the last 24hrs but thanks bro

so Mor pays $19/hour for delivering furniture seems like you'd need a special type of driving license right for those bigger trucks?

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
        good luck dude. hope everything works out.

ill get u after it allows me to again

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Sorry to hear, man. Times are hard in this economy. Knock on every door and come backs stronger; good luck!

thanks bro ill get u once it lets me give green k again.

im definitely doing that right now im not even going to party or take a little vacation or wait till my savings drains im going all out right now.

i will keep hitting 4 new companies a day within 10miles of my home until i get hired.

Comment

that sucks man, but excel is really easy you should have studied.

Comment

Check this site out, you will seriously learn everything you need to know about excel and more.

http://chandoo.org/wp/excel-basics/

Comment

One door closes, another one opens. I remember getting laid off and at the time it was bad. Looking back it was the best thing and I wouldn't be here with a better job. I realized didn't even like my old job, just hated getting laid off.

Comment

Register with staffing companies, temp agencies, and your state workforce office.

Did you apply for unemployment benefits? You had said that the company told you that you are not technically fired, so I wonder how that works.

Start mass emailing your resume out and you'll be in some kind of job until you can take the time to find something more fitting.

I hate hearing this stuff, because it's scary and can happen to just about anyone at anytime.

Also, I don't know where the company thinks it's headed into the next generation by learning Excel? They're going to give up long time employees due to their inability to compile spreadsheets?

Management 101 tells you hiring a new staff is more costly to train them to do the job than it is to just have some 22 year old out of college come in for a week and teach you guys Excel.

I wouldn't want to work for a company like that.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                    that sucks man, but excel is really easy you should have studied.
                    the problem is im part of the generation that did not use excel at all in high school or college none of my courses required it and none of my courses taught it. i went straight into the work force doing sales and customer service and never had a job that actually required me to use Excel. I kept working and moving up the ladder and all of my bosses used their own manual systems to document our sales figures.

it was not until most recently we merged with another company who the new executive management team were all about excel and other software programs that we never used at all. the new CEO got pissed that none of us knew how to use any of these things so he made some drastic changes and of course they think they are saving a ton of money by having younger employees do our jobs at 1/2 the salary we been getting paid.

also i couldnt even have time to study it cause the rumor came out of no where and ive been working all the time so unless i went to starbucks for my lunch breaks just crammed that would be the only way i could even study.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      Check this site out, you will seriously learn everything you need to know about excel and more.

http://chandoo.org/wp/excel-basics/
                      thanks ill definitely check it out and i owe you green k when it allows me again

Comment

Working...
                      X