No announcement yet.

Now What team did the worst durring the NFL Draft

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    LMAO yes Payton would turn Players that are not on the field most of the time and drop passes no matter how perfect any QB throws it to PRO BOWL receivers do you think before you speak? Hey Einstein, If a QB thows the ball perfectly and a Receiver drops it there's nothing you could do.

Also Peytons game relies on yards after the catch meaning His receivers do most of the work not the other way around. If you saw the Patriots vs Broncos game Brady was ripping the ball in cold weather while Peyton throws short passes and expects the receiver to gain as much yards as possible.

If peyton throws a 5 yard pass and his recive rruns it for 10 more thats Peyton doing most of the work tho?

HERE'S A 78 TD PASS FROM PEYTON YOU COULD SEE HOW HE MAKES A RECEIVER BETTER....smh

Demaryius Thomas was Already Good. I am talking about Players like Eric Decker, Julius Thomas, Pierre Garcon (Still Good), Dallas Clark, He even made Austin Collie good. The reason why Harrison, and Wayne were not listed is because they were already good. The only receiver that remains good that is gone that he use to throw to is Garcon. Time will tell with decker but I think he won't perform up to the expectations of that new contract. Time will tell with julius thomas as well from the point when either Manning Retires or if Julius Thomas gets cut or traded.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
      Demaryius Thomas was Already Good. I am talking about Players like Eric Decker, Julius Thomas, Pierre Garcon (Still Good), Dallas Clark, He even made Austin Collie good. The reason why Harrison, and Wayne were not listed is because they were already good. The only receiver that remains good that is gone that he use to throw to is Garcon. Time will tell with decker but I think he won't perform up to the expectations of that new contract. Time will tell with julius thomas as well from the point when either Manning Retires or if Julius Thomas gets cut or traded.
      I get it and i respect Peyton but he's had the better talent trough out his career.
      Brady make people better too, who was Wes Welker and Branch before?, Edelman was a former 7round QB and look at his numbers this year with Brady and Dobson was getting good his numbers would have been great if he didn't injure his foot.
      They still don't know if he's coming back in time for training camp. When Brady has a healthy team with talent you see what he does like 07 50tds to only 8 interceptions.

Even in '11 with the 2 tight ends he threw for over 5,000 yards.

ITS A TEAM GAME, YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU.

Comment

I get it and i respect Peyton but he's had the better talent trough out his career.
        Brady make people better too, who was Wes Welker and Branch before?, Edelman was a former 7round QB and look at his numbers this year with Brady and Dobson was getting good his numbers would have been great if he didn't injure his foot.
        They still don't know if he's coming back in time for training camp. When Brady has a healthy team with talent you see what he does like 07 50tds to only 8 interceptions.

Even in '11 with the 2 tight ends he threw for over 5,000 yards.

ITS A TEAM GAME, YOUR ONLY AS GOOD AS THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU.
        When Brady had welker and branch he was making his receivers better. He doesn't seem to be doing that with his receivers now. He made Julian Edelman better but I think that is the last project of his. He is done making receivers better.

Comment

When Brady had welker and branch he was making his receivers better. He doesn't seem to be doing that with his receivers now. He made Julian Edelman better but I think that is the last project of his. He is done making receivers better.
          We shall see this year. But i do want to point something out, saying qbs make there receivers better is something casual fans say. There's so much that goes into a game. For example different offensive schemes and game plans to put players in a position to succeed or be open for your qb to throw. The O-line giving a qb enough time to read the defense and decide on the course of action. Receivers have to run the right routes and with complex offenses like the patriots and broncos you have to have receivers run insnyc with the qb throws because Brady and Peyton rely on timing.

Only idoits on shows like first take who dont know **** on any sport and say stuff like choker and hes afraid of the moment and saying stupid **** like that is what casual fans eat up. I grantee you this you ask them to watch coaches film they can never break down a game.

Comment

We shall see this year. But i do want to point something out, saying qbs make there receivers better is something casual fans say. There's so much that goes into a game. For example different offensive schemes and game plans to put players in a position to succeed or be open for your qb to throw. The O-line giving a qb enough time to read the defense and decide on the course of action. Receivers have to run the right routes and with complex offenses like the patriots and broncos you have to have receivers run insnyc with the qb throws because Brady and Peyton rely on timing.

Only idoits on shows like first take who dont know **** on any sport and say stuff like choker and hes afraid of the moment and saying stupid **** like that is what casual fans eat up. I grantee you this you ask them to watch coaches film they can never break down a game.
            Some Receivers are naturally good. Some QB's are Gifted. When The packers receivers went down Jarret Boykin stepped in, Drew Brees turns lots of unknown receivers into very useful weapons on the football field, Andrew Luck without Reggie wayne made TY Hilton pretty good. Would TY Hilton be good if he were drafted by lets say the Buffalo Bills in 2012, how would he have turned out then. Ted Ginns Production increased with Cam Newton throwing him the football. By no means am I a casual football fan. I am a dedicated football fan and those two idiots on first take don't know $h1t about football.

Comment

Some Receivers are naturally good. Some QB's are Gifted. When The packers receivers went down Jarret Boykin stepped in, Drew Brees turns lots of unknown receivers into very useful weapons on the football field, Andrew Luck without Reggie wayne made TY Hilton pretty good. Would TY Hilton be good if he were drafted by lets say the Buffalo Bills in 2012, how would he have turned out then. Ted Ginns Production increased with Cam Newton throwing him the football. By no means am I a casual football fan. I am a dedicated football fan and those two idiots on first take don't know $h1t about football.
              No offense i didn't mean to say you were a casual just saying in general.
              Your right you need talent but also need coaching. How would Peyton look in a different system throwing the ball over 20 yards a game with limited dink and dunk plays. Or how his receivers are great blockers too, giving the receiver that the caught the ball within 5yards space to take it down the field.

Brees,Brady,Manning all are talented but no name receivers or not the system they play for makes everyone look better. I bet everything i got if you ask Peyton or Brady they would tell you its a team game everyone has to play there role for them to succeed.

Comment

My Steelers did well IMO.

Only thing that concerns me is we waited till the 5th to take a corner. Though if you get better on the front 7, it makes it much easier on the secondary, that's how Pittsburgh's built top defenses for years. We haven't had a great or real good corner since Woodson to be honest.

Our projected D is this....

D Line: Heyward, Tuitt, McLendon/Thomas
                Linebackers: Timmons, Worilds, Jones, Shazier
                Corners: Taylor, Gay/Allen
                Safeties: Polamalu, Mitchell

We are much younger and faster on D. Mitchell should have been a pro bowler with Carolina last year. Having him as opposed to an old Ryan Clark frees Troy up more to do his thing. Taylor, Gay, Allen aren't the best corners, but our front 7 will make things easier. As opposed to an old Larry Foote, an often injured Lamarr Woodley, we'll have Jarvis Jones playing full time finally, and Shazier is a big time talent for us. He ran a 4.3 as a linebacker.....crazy. Plus Timmons and Worilds are solid. Shazier and Timmons speed also allows them to cover in the pass game. And our D line looks much better. Instead of average Ziggy Hood and Al Woods, we'll have a young Tuitt who looks to be a 2nd round steal, and Heyward is finally coming into his own. Look for a break out year. Our D was uncharacteristically low at 13th overall. Getting faster and younger on D, we should be well in the Top 10 this year. Our Pass D wasn't too bad last year, 9th overall. Our run D was awful. We did a lot for that picking up Shazier and Tuitt in the draft.

On offense, we also picked up Dri Archer who is explosive with the ball in his hands, and Montavis Bryant is a steal in the 4th round. We also signed Lance Moore, who still has good football left in him, and Legarrette Blount is a beast. With Antonio Brown already there, as well as LeVeon Bell, our offense will be solid with Big Ben. Plus Archer will be an X factor with Haley running the offense.

I really liked what we did.

Comment

I'm sorry but Crabtree is not on the same level as mike wallace. I can name 25 receivers better than crabtree.
                  Mike Wallace didn't do so hot last year. I never minded losing him. Antonio Brown is superior to Mike Wallace in every way.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                    My Steelers did well IMO.

Only thing that concerns me is we waited till the 5th to take a corner. Though if you get better on the front 7, it makes it much easier on the secondary, that's how Pittsburgh's built top defenses for years. We haven't had a great or real good corner since Woodson to be honest.

Our projected D is this....

D Line: Heyward, Tuitt, McLendon/Thomas
                    Linebackers: Timmons, Worilds, Jones, Shazier
                    Corners: Taylor, Gay/Allen
                    Safeties: Polamalu, Mitchell

We are much younger and faster on D. Mitchell should have been a pro bowler with Carolina last year. Having him as opposed to an old Ryan Clark frees Troy up more to do his thing. Taylor, Gay, Allen aren't the best corners, but our front 7 will make things easier. As opposed to an old Larry Foote, an often injured Lamarr Woodley, we'll have Jarvis Jones playing full time finally, and Shazier is a big time talent for us. He ran a 4.3 as a linebacker.....crazy. Plus Timmons and Worilds are solid. Shazier and Timmons speed also allows them to cover in the pass game. And our D line looks much better. Instead of average Ziggy Hood and Al Woods, we'll have a young Tuitt who looks to be a 2nd round steal, and Heyward is finally coming into his own. Look for a break out year. Our D was uncharacteristically low at 13th overall. Getting faster and younger on D, we should be well in the Top 10 this year. Our Pass D wasn't too bad last year, 9th overall. Our run D was awful. We did a lot for that picking up Shazier and Tuitt in the draft.

On offense, we also picked up Dri Archer who is explosive with the ball in his hands, and Montavis Bryant is a steal in the 4th round. We also signed Lance Moore, who still has good football left in him, and Legarrette Blount is a beast. With Antonio Brown already there, as well as LeVeon Bell, our offense will be solid with Big Ben. Plus Archer will be an X factor with Haley running the offense.

I really liked what we did.
                    Steelers had the best draft and one thing i have observed is that when ever they have had a good draft they have won the super bowl

Comment

Steelers had the best draft and one thing i have observed is that when ever they have had a good draft they have won the super bowl
                      Well Idk if we're a super bowl contender yet.....have to see if guys like Shazier, Tuitt, Bryant pan out or not. But Shazier and Tuitt unlike other rookies in past years can come in and start instantly. Bryant also gets time to learn, and hopefully last years Markus Wheaton takes that next step this year.

Our 3 backs on paper look great. Bell is that all purpose back, Blount is smash mouth, and Archer is a speed demon.

Our big problem last year was we couldn't stop the run. Woodley was a shell of his former self from 3-4 years ago. Foote was old, on his last legs. Woods and Hood were mediocre, and Keisel was old on his last legs.

All them are gone. We'll finally have Jarvis Jones full time, Timmons and Worilds still there, plus Shazier could be big time. He can cover in the pass game, has incredible speed. Plus Spence and Williams are there for depth. And out D line we still have Heyward who come into his own last season, and Tuitt is a big pick up in the draft. Had it not been for injuries last season, he could have very well been a Top 10 pick, and was a projected 1st round pick this year. He was a steal in the 2nd. Plus don't sleep on Daniel McCullers from Tennessee. Dude has big potential, is a massive body that can help at DE too.

And adding Mike Mitchell opposite to Troy is a big addition. Last couple years, Troy had an aging Ryan Clark, so Troy wasn't allowed to do what he did 4-5 years ago when Clark was young and prime, and was a bit restricted. Mitchell will free him up again, and Mitchell is pretty good himself.

If we get our D back in the Top 10 or potentially Top 5, we'll be in good shape. Plus with our weak schedule this year (we play the AFC and NFC South), we have a great shot at getting back into the playoffs for the first time since 2011-2012. If Tomlin goes 8-8 or worse this year, I'd replace him.

Comment

Working...
                      X