No announcement yet.

Living in Canada vs Australia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUEEN MEAT View Post
    i wanna visit montreal someday. you didnt like it when you visited montreal?
    Well i mentioned its good for visiting as its quite unique cultural experience. Do visit Quebec City as well. So European yet in North America.

Did you move from U.S?

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      I dont know the science behind it. There are tons of variables and weather shouldnt be the only one (jobs) to choose a city. Quebec and Ont are both downhill economy wise, but between the two South Ont is better for jobs and weather. Also between the two Montreal and is **** about learning French because Quebec as a whole is strict about it and you must learn it to do anything worthwhile....like work.

Quebec is good to visit for cultural experience as its like going to France without going there but thats where the fun ends for an English speaker. I mean if youre really in to French culture then go for it and learn, but i wouldnt waste my time.
      Montreal has the Habs while Toronto is stuck with the Maple Queefs :cool9:

Comment

You would know better about the reptiles but the documentaries imply they are very common and you have to "watch out" at all times in the garden. Snakes and Spiders.

Then again 22 million people live there and is one of the most sought after place to live/vacation so the pros must outweigh the con.
        I think it's more just about having an understanding that there are things around that can kill you and so most people act in accordance with that. If you're in an area of red backs etc, you know to always shake your shoes out, or shake your sleeping bag if you go camping....you've just got to take the risk and live with it in certain instances.

If you're gonna go swimming in the ocean, don't do it in certain areas, or only use the designated zones that have been cordoned off. Or just live with getting eaten by a shark or paralysed by a jelly fish.

It's not as bad as you're making it out to be though. You've just got to be more careful. Obviously, if you're living in a big city, it's not going to be bad at all. Most things are more scared of you than you are of it anyway....or at least we're all scared of each other.

Comment

This morning in edmonton at work it is a balmy -37c...

Comment

If you like laid back then Perth is the place for you

There is heaps of places to see in WA if you have the time.

Australia isnt as dangerous as they make you believe on tv.

Comment

Originally posted by RAV3N View Post
              If you like laid back then Perth is the place for you

There is heaps of places to see in WA if you have the time.

Australia isnt as dangerous as they make you believe on tv.
              Ofcourse its one of the best countries to live for a reason.

How is Melbourne?

Comment

Well i mentioned its good for visiting as its quite unique cultural experience. Do visit Quebec City as well. So European yet in North America.

Did you move from U.S?
                from asia, mate

Comment

Ofcourse its one of the best countries to live for a reason.

How is Melbourne?
                  Melbourne is an incredible city. Great culture, relaxed, lot of vibrant stuff going on. Really good place to be. Sydney is beautiful ... really lovely city, but just lacks something in comparison to Melbourne. The Melbourne music, arts, and general cafe, night culture is right up there with the best in the world though.

They're both great cities, but I prefer Melbourne.

Comment

You would know better about the reptiles but the documentaries imply they are very common and you have to "watch out" at all times in the garden. Snakes and Spiders.

Then again 22 million people live there and is one of the most sought after place to live/vacation so the pros must outweigh the con.
                    Theres been 12 fatal snake bites since 1980 and there hasn't been a fatal spider bite since 1979.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                      Melbourne is an incredible city. Great culture, relaxed, lot of vibrant stuff going on. Really good place to be. Sydney is beautiful ... really lovely city, but just lacks something in comparison to Melbourne. The Melbourne music, arts, and general cafe, night culture is right up there with the best in the world though.

They're both great cities, but I prefer Melbourne.
                      I was thinking of doing my Masters in economics/finance something around those lines so instead of work holiday i get to live like a local alot better. Came across the university's youtube channel so its something i contemplate if not work holiday is the way to go.

Based on documentaries and videos Melbourne was the one sticking out to me anyways and given the "cultural" element you mentioned might be the place. Brisbane as well because it cant be as expensive as Sydney. Also Perth seem too far and isolated.

Thanks for your response once again.

Comment

Working...
                      X