No announcement yet.

Living in Canada vs Australia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One is a cold barren wasteland and the other is a hot arid wasteland

I'd rather go a couple thousand miles southeast of the latter and live in New Zealand. It's a gorgeous island oasis with some of the coolest people you will ever meet.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-21-2014, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Quick question: Do people in Canada really sound like the people in Fargo?.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Its bloody true. Where i live its -20 everyday on average 7 to 8 months a year. But the good weather in Australia gets neutralized by the venomous reptiles lol so pros and cons everywhere. I still love my Canada but just for a year or two worth of change i consider Aussie/NZ.

Got any good comparative info on Brisbane/Sydney or Melbourne?
        What city in Canada do you live in? The different cities in Canada are like different culture shocks in themselves. Huge difference between livin in Toronto and living in lets say Calgary or Nunavut.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
          One is a cold barren wasteland and the other is a hot arid wasteland

I'd rather go a couple thousand miles southeast of the latter and live in New Zealand. It's a gorgeous island oasis with some of the coolest people you will ever meet.
          Where do you live currently though?

N.Z is nice and under rated and often overshadowed by Australia so that makes me even more curious.

Canada is not a wasteland. Cold but not a wasteland. Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto rank as one of the most liveable cities.
          Last edited by Box-Office; 02-22-2014, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
            I've lived in a Aus for almost 20 years and I've seen a brown snake once on school camp and seen a couple of red back spiders like twice and just stood on it.

The big killer here is skin cancer, believe it or not people still tan here.

I never go in the direct sunlight and I'm half black.
            You would know better about the reptiles but the documentaries imply they are very common and you have to "watch out" at all times in the garden. Snakes and Spiders.

Then again 22 million people live there and is one of the most sought after place to live/vacation so the pros must outweigh the con.

Comment

is montreal much colder than toronto

Comment

Originally posted by QUEEN MEAT View Post
                is montreal much colder than toronto
                Colder and snowy so you gotta shovel lots.

Are you looking to live or vacation?

Comment

Colder and snowy so you gotta shovel lots.

Are you looking to live or vacation?
                  so the cities in the middle of canada are much colder?
                  im already in canada... ontario.

Comment

Originally posted by QUEEN MEAT View Post
                    so the cities in the middle of canada are much colder?
                    im already in canada... ontario.
                    I dont know the science behind it. There are tons of variables and weather shouldnt be the only one (jobs) to choose a city. Quebec and Ont are both downhill economy wise, but between the two South Ont is better for jobs and weather. Also between the two Montreal and is **** about learning French because Quebec as a whole is strict about it and you must learn it to do anything worthwhile....like work.

Quebec is good to visit for cultural experience as its like going to France without going there but thats where the fun ends for an English speaker. I mean if youre really in to French culture then go for it and learn, but i wouldnt waste my time.

Comment

I dont know the science behind it. There are tons of variables and weather shouldnt be the only one (jobs) to choose a city. Quebec and Ont are both downhill economy wise, but between the two South Ont is better for jobs and weather. Also between the two Montreal and is **** about learning French because Quebec as a whole is strict about it and you must learn it to do anything worthwhile....like work.

Quebec is good to visit for cultural experience as its like going to France without going there but thats where the fun ends for an English speaker. I mean if youre really in to French culture then go for it and learn, but i wouldnt waste my time.

i wanna visit montreal someday. you didnt like it when you visited montreal?

Comment

Working...
                      X