Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does race play a role in Athletic/Intellectual ability?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i don't have the link, but we were in the top 10 of a survey of dick size by country that somebody posted in the lounge.

we are god's gift to singing, cooking, and wood laying.

I'll take your word for it, brother. Actually, PR had a large immigration of Italians and Corsicans way back in the day. That might explain the tear in my underwear. NE, you ****.

Comment

I always thought Bocelli was an arrogant bastard until I found out he was blind .

New England forgot the Italians also invented the old dip your hair in olive oil technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
        I always thought Bocelli was an arrogant bastard until I found out he was blind .

New England forgot the Italians also invented the old dip your hair in olive oil technique.
        I always thought you were a ****, Mr. E.

Seriously though. What a classic and beautiful piece this is. I wish more of the Lounge members, like that alcoholic ****, Derranged, would appreciate art like this.

Comment

What an a**hole, Mr. E. Write to us from hell you ****.

Comment

What's your beef soldier?.

I thought he was arrogant because he just stood and grinned. Until I found he didn't open his eyes because he was blind. It's an easy mistake to make.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              of course it has a bearing on athletic ability/character. people are built differently, and there are certain builds and physical characteristics associated with certain races.

asians are, on the whole, shorter. europeans and africans are taller. inuits / alaska natives to extremely well in the cold.

italians are handsome, and we can all cook and sing. big d#cks, too.
              you know.

i won't speak on brainpower. i don't subscribe to this, but i've heard quite a few times that aborigines are not bright. it's almost surely got a lot to do with the evaluation, not the raw intellectual ability. i've never met any aborigines, and i'm not judging them by bringing this up.

ask a city boy to survive a walkabout, and tell me who is a dumb dumb.

i addressed the TS, stepped on zero toes, and big upped the italians along the way. my work here is done.
              I don't believe that people are born a lot smarter than others. Especially not universally across a race. I think everyone has more brain power than they will ever put to use. I think it depends mostly on the quality of education that people receive. I guess you could suggest the aborigines didn't put their brain power to much use. That's a sweeping generalization I know but they didn't create a great civilization they just lived off the land.

Edit: Neanderthals have been proven to have larger brains than us. Again they didn't have our knowledge of more sophisticated tools, and the fact our ancestors effective taught that superior knowledge to the next generation shows how a better education is key to perceiving a group of people as smarter than others.

In conclusion, if believe if you took a aborigine and put him through Harvard or Cambridge he would come out just as intelligent as the next guy.
              Last edited by MBE; 01-12-2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Continue1UP View Post
                I'm sure you're hoping for a tuggers special, unfortunately I'm not that small.
                Show me then, you don't have the balls do you

Comment

What's your beef soldier?.

I thought he was arrogant because he just stood and grinned. Until I found he didn't open his eyes because he was blind. It's an easy mistake to make.
                  No beef Mr. E. I like you, brother--just taking a piss.
                  Last edited by Fistic; 01-12-2014, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
                    No beef Mr. E. I like you, brother--just taking a piss.
                    Good man, I wasn't laughing at him being blind. I was laughing at my own ignorance in thinking he was arrogant for singing with his eyes shut.

Comment

Good man, I wasn't laughing at him being blind. I was laughing at my own ignorance in thinking he was arrogant for singing with his eyes shut.
                      Sometimes we learn through our own ignorance, brother--I do it all the time. I'm glad you chimed in on a classic piece here.

Comment

Working...
                      X