Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
    This had me laughing. Such a good point as well. The other question I asked, which remains unanswered, is why do people own so damn many of them? You can only use one to protect your family. What are the others for? Ah yes, it's a fetish.
    You would'nt want to face the cartel alone, you'd wan't your children to be armed as well.

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Shot to kill, my friend. Isn't there some wacky law in Florida that says you can't fire warning shots and could be prosecuted if you do so?
    In Kansas it's a felony to even pull a firearm in self defense unless you shoot someone.

Comment

The problem with allowing guns to be concealed on the street is that people can have 2 second access to a killing machine. People get angry and road rage and **** like this to people who are especially not trained can lead to stupid **** like this.

Comment

is a rare, ribeye steak seared by new england.

or some unagi don.

either will stop a man dead in his tracks, and sit him down to a dinner table.

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight Fan View Post
          The problem with allowing guns to be concealed on the street is that people can have 2 second access to a killing machine. People get angry and road rage and **** like this to people who are especially not trained can lead to stupid **** like this.

are you really 34, PK?

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
            Why do you need so many of them to protect your family? Surely you can only really use one at a time
            I enjoy target shooting, and I prefer to have my choice of weapons in the event of a home invasion, or in the event that the stuff really hits the fan in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamehameha View Post
              I would too, but the likelihood that I get to my gun in time is very small. It's a ridiculous reason to own a gun. The studies don't back up the claim that having a gun is likely to make you safer from crime.
              I can have my gun out of my nightstand in less than four seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                I can have my gun out of my nightstand in less than four seconds.
                I have 2 young children and live in a low crime area. If I lived in an area where a loaded gun was necessary for everyday life, I'd sell my weapons and move somewhere else.

Comment

Thread backfire. Smart dumbass.

Comment

I own several firearms.

I only use them at the range, and would only use one against somebody breaking into my household. Or a zombie apocalypse.

I keep them in a 700 pound gun safe.

I keep my phone on my nightstand, not a gun.

I figure if the steel security doors, bars around the windows, the two 80 pound Blue Nose APBT's aren't enough of a deterrent, then somebody must really want some problems. I own sub-sonic rounds for my semi-auto handguns, because of the close proximity to my neighbors.

I also own a rifle that would stop a elephant dead in its tracks.

I'm prepared. Not paranoid, or stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
                      Thread backfire. Smart dumbass.
                      Not really. I posted a funny news story about two dumbasses who died as a direct result of carrying guns around for their own protection. I was fully aware that most Americans would react like petulant children having their favourite toys mocked.

Comment

Working...
                      X