Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    You're another one that shouldn't own a firearm
    But what if zombies take over and I'm forced gun my way through a horde of the walking dead? or possibly the mafia kidnaps my wife and I'm forced to blast my way into their hideout? As a responsible gun owner, my firearms are locked up. But if those home invaders let me grab my keys, unlock my safe and load a magazine they're in for a world of hurt.
    Last edited by Kamehameha; 09-25-2013, 04:52 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kamehameha;13782219]
      Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Cuauht, I think you may be bi polar bro. You just argued the liberal point and the conservative point in the same post.
      I might be, but that's besides the point. I actually agreed with Dickfries about how the gun debate is over in America. The pro gun people won. It still doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. So I'm supposed to be happy we live in the wild west?

Comment

[QUOTE=Cuauhtémoc1520;13782327]

I might be, but that's besides the point. I actually agreed with Dickfries about how the gun debate is over in America. The pro gun people won. It still doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. So I'm supposed to be happy we live in the wild west?
        Your a Mexican living in the USA you should be extremely happy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rocky...;13782343]

Your a Mexican living in the USA you should be extremely happy.
          Actually I'm an American living in the USA and you should go back to fukin sheep and wearing skirts.

Or is that wearing sheep and fuking skirts...not sure.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cuauhtémoc1520;13782355]
            Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 13782343

Actually I'm an American living in the USA and you should go back to fukin sheep and wearing skirts.

Or is that wearing sheep and fuking skirts...not sure.
            Theirs no need for that kind of abuse

Comment

[QUOTE=Cuauhtémoc1520;13782327]
              Originally posted by Kamehameha View Post

No, I just thought it odd you admit statistically guns dont make us safer and then stated you own a gun to make you safer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                Anecdotal evidence is the weakest of them all, a wise Canadian once told me so. Cool story for hoplophobic schmucks to jerk off to though.
                I wasn't presenting any evidence. I was providing a news story that was funny because the victims and perpetrators were both adults who were killed as a direct consequence of carrying guns for their own protection! If I was presenting evidence I would point out that 60% of gun deaths in the US are from accidents and suicide, not from deliberate murder and lawful killing using firearms are a statistically insignificant occurrence.

Besides, anecdotal evidence is not the weakest of them all. The weakest evidence of all is articles in the Daily Mail.

Here's another: former Royal Marine with gun saves 100 lives in Kenya.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490
                Oh dear...

Originally posted by spytactics View Post
                Why don't idiots like squeal phaggy get caught in the crossfire?
                Because I live in a country with reasonable limits on gun ownership and use.

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                Given that a call to 911 has a 30 minute minimum response for me, I believe it makes me safer. Which is all that matters.
                So as well as being a gun owner you have a defibrillator, trauma kit and a collection of adrenaline needles, as well as breathing apparatus, fire resistant clothing and powerful hoses?

No. It's just the guns. Because of gun culture.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                  TS has ducked out on this thread, or now will he show up because I said that, or now will he not show up because I said that? Or better yet will he come in and act like he didn't see it til now?

Let's find out what one TS is.
                  I bet the comment you're referring to is something so insightful and incisive that I had no option but to be run out of the thread or simply ignore it on my return. Obviously we're dealing with a superior intellect and impeccable logic, a mixture of fact, statistics and sheer rhetorical brilliance that both demands and defies any response.

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
                  STFU you high horsed mother fucker.

Are you even American? WTF do you care?

Comment

The thing is, I own a gun but that's my point of why the debate is over.

It's not about going back in time before guns and the atomic bomb, it's asking the question of, are these things needed in our society? Yes they have some benefits, but the negative aspect of them out weighs that.

I own a gun and it's for home use only. Why? Because I don't want someone coming in my house with a gun. That doesn't mean I will kill them, as a matter of fact, the stats show owning a gun means you are more susceptible to being shot.

It's like I'm a prisoner of this gun culture. If you can't beat them, join them. so now we are all like fukin Cowboys.
                    Shot to kill, my friend. Isn't there some wacky law in Florida that says you can't fire warning shots and could be prosecuted if you do so?
                    Last edited by BostonGuy; 09-25-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                      So as well as being a gun owner you have a defibrillator, trauma kit and a collection of adrenaline needles, as well as breathing apparatus, fire resistant clothing and powerful hoses?

No. It's just the guns. Because of gun culture.
                      This had me laughing. Such a good point as well. The other question I asked, which remains unanswered, is why do people own so damn many of them? You can only use one to protect your family. What are the others for? Ah yes, it's a fetish.

Comment

Working...
                      X