Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    I think belief in god is usually a coping mechanism. So blaming him would be counter productive. Their faith in God helps them cope with suffering in the belief that god knows what he is doing, and they must have faith in him no matter how bad things get or how unfair life seems.

My point in this post is that i believe that with religious faith, things dont need to make logical sense.
    The fact a boxer can thank God and not their coach is justified to them by the faith that god is behind all things.
    They dont have to explain why they believe this, they just have faith. The question therefore is where does this faith come from? But thats for another thread i guess.
    The thought of wanting to justify that everything you've suffered and went through in life will be rewarded at the end. Which is a nice thought.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
      The thought of wanting to justify that everything you've suffered and went through in life will be rewarded at the end. Which is a nice thought.
      I dont think its necessarily rewards. More understanding.

Comment

I think belief in god is usually a coping mechanism. So blaming him would be counter productive. Their faith in God helps them cope with suffering in the belief that god knows what he is doing, and they must have faith in him no matter how bad things get or how unfair life seems. .
        Clearly.

When ever someone says "why's god doing this to me", people reply with "dont blame god for your misfortunes, he had nothing to do with it". But when its something positive, they say "oh isnt god great!"

Comment

In their minds God is responsible for everything, including their training camps, trainers, sparring partners etc.

And that goes for people who recover from serious illness. They believe God is behind the doctors and scientists who work and develop cures. They think God is seen through the good that people do.

Its called faith.
          Its plain ignorant to call religious people stupid and idiots when you yourself dont understand how religious faith works.

I dont share their faith, but i wouldnt throw stones if i lived in a glass house.
          That's what i'm saying. They"re f@cking stupid. Because even if i follow this logic. (that god is responsible for everything) , then why do they worship a god who hates their guts ?

Why thank him , since he also gave you cancer in the first place !...

I've seen this sh@t before. A plane crash happens..There's a survivor who says : God saved me ! it's a miracle !

But why would he make the plane crash in the first place ? It just makes no sense !

Comment

Originally posted by gandhalf View Post
            Or just have no respect for their training camp ?
            If you're gonna thank someone for your victory , thank yourself for one. Then thank your coach , sparring partners etc...But don't thank "god" ! You think "god" gives a flying sh@t if you win or a lose ? And if you do , can your ego get any bigger ?

This remark is also valid for the idiots who thank "god" for everything else...If you had a cancer or if you had any type of health problems , and you're now cured...Thank modern medicine , your doctor ,hospital employees...God has nothing to do with it.
            You are the Devil. :****you:

Comment

Or just have no respect for their training camp ?
              If you're gonna thank someone for your victory , thank yourself for one. Then thank your coach , sparring partners etc...But don't thank "god" ! You think "god" gives a flying sh@t if you win or a lose ? And if you do , can your ego get any bigger ?

This remark is also valid for the idiots who thank "god" for everything else...If you had a cancer or if you had any type of health problems , and you're now cured...Thank modern medicine , your doctor ,hospital employees...God has nothing to do with it.
              Ahhh. This folks, is what we call a bigot. Move along now, move along! Nothing else to see here folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Don't avoid the question. If we thank god for keeping those things away, do we blame him when we get those exact same bad things?
                When bad things happen to religious people, rather to those who have faith, they think of it as a test to their faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Clearly.

When ever someone says "why's god doing this to me", people reply with "dont blame god for your misfortunes, he had nothing to do with it". But when its something positive, they say "oh isnt god great!"

Yea. But that way of thinking, no matter how illogical, helps people get through tough times. Having faith that God gives you strength when you need it helps people cope. Blaming god for misfortunes doesnt help at all.
                  I guess its another way of saying "stay positive".

That's what i'm saying. They"re f@cking stupid. Because even if i follow this logic. (that god is responsible for everything) , then why do they worship a god who hates their guts ?

Why thank him , since he also gave you cancer in the first place !...

I've seen this sh@t before. A plane crash happens..There's a survivor who says : God saved me ! it's a miracle !

But why would he make the plane crash in the first place ? It just makes no sense !
                  See above.
                  Its not about logic and rationale. Its about having faith in a just God.
                  I should have said "God is behind everything good" Some believe God is also responsible for cancer and earthquakes, but they also have faith in him that its all for a reason thats beyond our understanding.

In other words, when religious people dont understand why God let bad **** happen to them, they rely on their faith that God is just to remain positive.

Comment

Always thought it was stupid too, these fighters should give themselves credit for their hard work and mental strength getting them through a difficult fight.

Pretty laughable how the majority of adults still hang on to outdated superstitions in modern times but whatever makes ppl feel like safe and secure is fine as long as they are not harming anyone because of their ideas.

Comment

Working...
                    X