Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Not a straw man at all, it's a simple logical explanation for the ridiculousness that the concept of god truly is.
    Pretending he only has two qualities in order to deduce a logical argument against him is intellectually weak.

God knows everything, he knows what is going to happen before it happens. He CREATED us knowing we would sin and created evil in the process.

He condemned billions of people to a torturous inferno, before they were even born.
    As stated before, God has more qualities than two. Yes he knew many chose chose against him, yet he is just in allowing them to make the choices for themselves. At the end of the timeline, everyone will look back and say they are the one that chose their destination, life or death. God didn't make the choices for anyone.

There are two 'lives' at stake here, this life, and spiritual life. As it stands, everyone gets this life....which is more than what you're suggesting(that he shouldn't have created you and let you chose for yourself).

The argument of free will doesn't hold up.
    Under the incorrect presupposition that God only has two qualities, I suppose you're correct. I say 'I suppose', as your presupposition is incorrect, and I don't really care to dwell on the 'what if God only had two qualities' ATM.

God created us, then knew we were going to sin. Then sent himself, to prtect us and save us, from himself.
    From himself? So you think murdering, adultery, etc is okay, or are those righteous laws? Do righteous kings convict when the law is broken, or do they shrug their shoulders as if it doesn't matter, as if the law isn't righteous?

Its our actions and decisions that seperated ourselves from spiritual life. Yes, he bore our penalty, so that they may have spiritual life again.

Comment

another religion thread..... i reported everyone who replied

Comment

The most obvious evidence there's no god or an afterlife, to me, is the human brain. The human brain is us, it's who we are, it's our consciousness, our personality, our memories and experiences, our emotions. It's everything that makes us, us. So what happens when the brain dies? We die, lights out, cue before being born - forever. The universe goes on and eventually we become stardust. Perhaps the eternal recurrence is a possibility, what a horrible thought if your life has been full of nothing but pain and sorrow, though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
          In their minds God is responsible for everything, including their training camps, trainers, sparring partners etc.

And that goes for people who recover from serious illness. They believe God is behind the doctors and scientists who work and develop cures. They think God is seen through the good that people do.

Its called faith.
          Its plain ignorant to call religious people stupid and idiots when you yourself dont understand how religious faith works.

I dont share their faith, but i wouldnt throw stones if i lived in a glass house.

good post. if i lived in a glass house i'd grow some cool plants.

Comment

[QUOTE]
            Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
            Pretending he only has two qualities in order to deduce a logical argument against him is intellectually weak.
            Pretending to know what gods qualities are is the real intellectual weakness. Since you have never seen god, heard him or can prove that he/she/it exists. How can you know his qualities if you have no evidence he's real?

As stated before, God has more qualities than two. Yes he knew many chose chose against him, yet he is just in allowing them to make the choices for themselves. At the end of the timeline, everyone will look back and say they are the one that chose their destination, life or death. God didn't make the choices for anyone.
            People didn't choose to be created in your fantasy. They just were and god knew they would turn away from him therefore their very creation was a condemnation to hell by him. Which by the way, hell is also something he created along with Lucifer.

There are two 'lives' at stake here, this life, and spiritual life. As it stands, everyone gets this life....which is more than what you're suggesting(that he shouldn't have created you and let you chose for yourself).
            Actually there is not, there's just one physical life and I am not going to waste my time living it by some fantasy. Hell and heaven are nothing more than threats and bribes used by religion to control people, I won't be controlled.

From himself? So you think murdering, adultery, etc is okay, or are those righteous laws? Do righteous kings convict when the law is broken, or do they shrug their shoulders as if it doesn't matter, as if the law isn't righteous?
            God thought they were ok, along with slavery, genocide, sodomy, rape of young girls, misogyny, racism and hatred of ****sexuals. All condoned in the Bible.

Its our actions and decisions that seperated ourselves from spiritual life. Yes, he bore our penalty, so that they may have spiritual life again.
            Well let's hope you aren't born in Pakistan, India or some other place where you will not become a Christian because then you will be condemned to hell as well.

Very just god this one is.

Comment

The atheism threads are getting so old in here

Comment

Some of the best fighters have thanked God. Are they stupid? The hell you done with your life to hate on fighters?

Comment

God is only good when they win

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      How about blaming him for disease, getting a serious injury and failures in life, etc.?
                      I think belief in god is usually a coping mechanism. So blaming him would be counter productive. Their faith in God helps them cope with suffering in the belief that god knows what he is doing, and they must have faith in him no matter how bad things get or how unfair life seems.

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      In their minds God is responsible for everything, including their training camps, trainers, sparring partners etc.

And that goes for people who recover from serious illness. They believe God is behind the doctors and scientists who work and develop cures. They think God is seen through the good that people do.

Its called faith.
                      Its plain ignorant to call religious people stupid and idiots when you yourself dont understand how religious faith works.

I dont share their faith, but i wouldnt throw stones if i lived in a glass house.
                      My point in this post is that i believe that with religious faith, things dont need to make logical sense.
                      The fact a boxer can thank God and not their coach is justified to them by the faith that god is behind all things.
                      They dont have to explain why they believe this, they just have faith. The question therefore is where does this faith come from? But thats for another thread i guess.
                      Last edited by The Noose; 07-11-2013, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X