Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to the Movies alone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've done it while travelling but never at home. Normally have someone to go with. The only time I'd consider going alone is if it was a midnight release of a film a really wanted to see.

Comment

Done it a few times, always proves to be a "purer" experience. Normally do it if I have to review a film for my website that nobody else really wants to see. Once ended up seeing "Up" on my own in Switzerland

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
        Done it a few times, always proves to be a "purer" experience. Normally do it if I have to review a film for my website that nobody else really wants to see. Once ended up seeing "Up" on my own in Switzerland
        Did you cry at the beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
          Eating is ok, going to a restaurant and sitting there alone, loser mode. I'm just sayin....
          That's nonsense. I can think of several times when eating alone is acceptable. What if you're on a business trip at the airport and have a 3 hour layover. So you're a loser if you stop at a restaurant for a beer and some food while you wait for your connecting flight?

What if you just have to work late and you are super hungry when you get out? You stop at a restaurant for a quick bite before you go home.

If I take a day off from work to go skiing all day, I usually am skiing by myself if it's in the middle of the week. I don't eat all day so on my way home, I stop at the tavern and get some grub and a beer. Granted, I know the bartenders and servers pretty well but I'm still in there by myself to eat.

Maybe you were implying going to some fancy restaurant by yourself? I see nothing wrong with the situations I suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
            done it a million times but i hate people so..

are u ****s embarrassed to be seen in front your parents too?

hmmm??

hmmmmmmmmm????
            Originally posted by puga View Post
            hell yeah it's ok .. it's only not OK IF you give a **** about what people around would say ....
            Completely agree.

You wanna see a movie, go see the ****ing movie. I'm not so insecure in myself that I must have someone with me, whether I feel like company or not, to be socially acceptable and look cool. I'd watch a movie at home by myself, so why not out if its one I want to see and it's not out yet?

It really is the same mentality as being embarrassed to be seen with yours parents. Pathetic. If you need to be seen with people, you're much more of a sad loser.

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
            That's nonsense. I can think of several times when eating alone is acceptable. What if you're on a business trip at the airport and have a 3 hour layover. So you're a loser if you stop at a restaurant for a beer and some food while you wait for your connecting flight?

What if you just have to work late and you are super hungry when you get out? You stop at a restaurant for a quick bite before you go home.

If I take a day off from work to go skiing all day, I usually am skiing by myself if it's in the middle of the week. I don't eat all day so on my way home, I stop at the tavern and get some grub and a beer. Granted, I know the bartenders and servers pretty well but I'm still in there by myself to eat.

Maybe you were implying going to some fancy restaurant by yourself? I see nothing wrong with the situations I suggested.
            Yeah, I'm more than happy to stop by some of the restaurants on my way home from a gig or whatever to grab a bite if I can't be ****ed and am hungry. Can't see any problem. That is the point of them.

Comment

Yes you are right, there are stipulations. If you are a business man, if you are on a trip by yourself or staying in a hotel, I agree. I'm just talking about that dude that goes out frequently to a restaurant by himself every week, sits down and eats.

I just can't do that man. Now what I might do if I want to eat from a favorite place is order take out. For me, eating out is a social experience, to have good conversation and company. I can just eat by myself when I want but I won't do it in a social setting.

Movies are different because it's dark and you are there to watch something, pay attention to something.

In all the years I have been alive, I have never done either.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                Nothing wrong with going to the movies by yourself.

but it's always better with a date. nothing beats a good handjob or bj while eating a bucket of popcorn and gummy bears.
                youve been watchin too much raunchy movies, willeh.

Comment

I ALWAYS prefer watching movies alone so I can concentrate on the movie entirely, partly why I don't like going to cinemas much unless its a MUST SEE which I can't be bothered waiting on a grainy torrent for. I've never gone to the cinema alone though, I probably go between 3-5 times a year at most. I would MUCH rather eat out alone than go to watch a movie alone. I have a friend who goes to watch a movie alone quite often even though the movie is most likely going to be awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Yes you are right, there are stipulations. If you are a business man, if you are on a trip by yourself or staying in a hotel, I agree. I'm just talking about that dude that goes out frequently to a restaurant by himself every week, sits down and eats.

I just can't do that man. Now what I might do if I want to eat from a favorite place is order take out. For me, eating out is a social experience, to have good conversation and company. I can just eat by myself when I want but I won't do it in a social setting.

Movies are different because it's dark and you are there to watch something, pay attention to something.

In all the years I have been alive, I have never done either.
                    If you want to eat food from a certain restaurant for lunch or something, what's the difference between sitting at the place or taking it back to work with you? I don't really see how that would make someone a loser.

Comment

If you want to eat food from a certain restaurant for lunch or something, what's the difference between sitting at the place or taking it back to work with you? I don't really see how that would make someone a loser.
                      I don't know man, I just think eating out is a social thing. I don't eat out by myself. I don't go to the movies by myself either, not because I don't want to, I just never had the need to to be honest.

I just don't want to be that guy at the end of the bar, by himself trying to talk to anyone that walks by.

I tease my wife about it and call her a loser because she does it. She travels to for training in her job and she eats alone, I call her a loser and she gets mad.

Comment

Working...
                      X