Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to the Movies alone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was married and the wife didn't wanna watch a movie I wanted to see, I'd always go with my brother.

But on the downside, we'd always look like a gay couple on a date because we don't look like we're related.

Comment

Yes I saw "the butterfly effect" by myself when I was 14 cuz my mom got into a car accident on her way to pick me up from seeing another movie

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        man, we counted the candy, popcorn bags, drink cups, nacho trays, hot dog buns...everything...i hated doing inventory
        now that u mentioned it, yes, i did that too. i guess same protocol for all movie theaters.

Comment

I have. Didn't bother me at all. I like a good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L View Post
            Don't see the problem. If there's a movie you really wanna watch but none of your friends want to see it, everyone's working/busy, etc. then why the hell not.

Eating out for dinner by yourself though is pretty awkward. I mean, if you wanna do it, more power to you, but I wouldn't. Lunch is a completely different story. I eat out for my lunch break alone all the time, completely normal. Getting away from a craphole workplace and anyone who works there is a nice way to relax for an hour.
            thats what bar dining at red robins of buffalo wild wings if for. but yea ive never gone out to dinner by myself except if work really late. i eat on my lunchbreak alone all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              Don't do it myself but it's in the Man Handbook, section 607 rule a.234 and it states it's ok.

Now eating out alone is straight loser mode.
              This. Same thing as watching a movie at home alone except probably cooler with high HD & sound. As long as it not crowded, most the time on weekdays youd be the only person there. Never done it myself though.

Eating out though, with lighting all through the restaurant where you actually get a server is some sorry shiiiiit.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                we did that as well...popcorn bags, drink cups and popcorn buckets

we also had a ticket scam going...it was a small theater with no cameras...only 3 screens...we would just point the people to their theater and not give back their tickets (only if they asked for it)...then we'd resell the ticket as well

the manager got suspicious when i forgot to pick up my check for over a week...i was making $100+ per night
                same here, i remember making $250 on the premier on Ninja Turtles (the first one)

Comment

i rarely watch alone... im lucky to have a significant other who enjoys cinema as much as i do...

Comment

done it a million times but i hate people so..

are u ****s embarrassed to be seen in front your parents too?

hmmm??

hmmmmmmmmm????

Comment

hell yeah it's ok .. it's only not OK IF you give a **** about what people around would say ....
                      Last edited by puga; 05-01-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X