No announcement yet.

Yeah, So I'm Getting A Divorce.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
    So her parents never saw any picture of you even though you've been married to their daughter (for more than 4 years I assume)? That's crazy, especially in our day and age. I mean how hard is it to snap a picture with a phone and send it in an email? I've been in 3rd world countries much poorer than India and I've seen people at cybercafes chat with their families abroad using skype. I have a hard time believing their never saw your face until you went over there.
    it is very possible that they just kept a secret because t and his wife had a pretty good idea how her parents react.

i doubt he would lie - especially about something like this.

Comment

So her parents never saw any picture of you even though you've been married to their daughter (for more than 4 years I assume)? That's crazy, especially in our day and age. I mean how hard is it to snap a picture with a phone and send it in an email? I've been in 3rd world countries much poorer than India and I've seen people at cybercafes chat with their families abroad using skype. I have a hard time believing their never saw your face until you went over there.
      They've seen me before. They have come over here and even stayed at my house. As I said in a post you quoted, they knew I was black.

The problem started when I went to India and their community saw me. I can only assume the parents fidnt tell anyone local that their daughter had married me, a black guy.

It was their community that pressured the parents, attacked my wife and got all violent. It was their behaviour which pushed my wife's parents to pressure her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
        it is very possible that they just kept a secret because t and his wife had a pretty good idea how her parents react.

i doubt he would lie - especially about something like this.
        Any parent would want to know what their son in law looks like, especially if he's the father of their grandchildren. They're not gonna wait no damn 4 years.

Originally posted by Terrel View Post
        They've seen me before. They have come over here and even stayed at my house. As I said in a post you quoted, they knew I was black.

The problem started when I went to India and their community saw me. I can only assume the parents fidnt tell anyone local that their daughter had married me, a black guy.

It was their community that pressured the parents, attacked my wife and got all violent. It was their behaviour which pushed my wife's parents to pressure her.
        So neither your wife nor her parents anticipated that kind of behavior? And usually in small rural communities, everybody knows everything about their neighbors. The whole village should have known your skin color, how tall you are and what your job is. If the parents didn't wanna tell anybody that you're black that means they knew the community wouldn't accept it so why the hell did they let you visit them?

Your wife got attacked? This is crazy. Look, I understand why the local people have this backward mentality but your wife must have been open minded to marry you in the first place, why would she let her family dictate who she can be with? She doesn't even live there most of the time. If she's weak enough to let other people control her life then you deserve better than her.
        Last edited by Light_Speed; 12-15-2012, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Any parent would want to know what their son in law looks like, especially if he's the father of their grandchildren. They're not gonna wait no damn 4 years.
          brother, you would be surprised i think, if you knew.

Comment

So neither your wife nor her parents anticipated that kind of behavior? And usually in small rural communities, everybody knows everything about their neighbors. The whole village should have known your skin color, how tall you are and what your job is. If the parents didn't wanna tell anybody that you're black that means they knew the community wouldn't accept it so why the hell did they let you visit them?

Your wife got attacked? This is crazy. Look, I understand why the local people have this backward mentality but your wife must have been open minded to marry you in the first place, why would she let her family dictate who she can be with? She doesn't even live there most of the time. If she's weak enough to let other people control her life then you deserve better than her.
            It's hard to comprehend for people like us but that is how society works in India. Family image and pride is a very, very big thing. Think of it like Kings & Queens, not anyone can become one. In arranged and forced marriages, they're selected because they'll uphold the family image and create new links with another family.

She would've been seen as bringing great shame to the family and the community, so much so they want to physically hurt. So much so that she has to deny her maternal instinct and turn her back on her own kids. The fact she turned her back on her own kids shows how strong the pressure is/was.

People are killed over lesser things when involved in Indian/Pakistani marriages and family image.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              It's hard to comprehend for people like us but that is how society works in India.
              This. People in first world counties won't understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrel View Post
                Apparently my in-laws have been nagging at my soon to be ex that she shouldn't be with a black man. This started after I visited India not long ago. Her family met me and found me a little too dark for comfort.

I'm getting to keep my children as she is abandoning them too. 4, 3 and 1 and half years old. Life sucks right now.
                sorry to hear the bad news but she must be a real weak woman to walk away from her man and loved little ones,TBH a cold hearted *****.
                i dont care how much influence her family has on her,for her to walk away from everything this late is pathetic.there must be other things that have lead up to this bro.

either way i hope she fixes up and gets her priorities straight

Comment

• Im sorry to hear bout this T mah homie. You deserve a stronger woman potna. If she cant support you like the bones in your L-Spine than she is not worthy of you bruh. This world is a cold, cruel, place potna, and the queen that you take unto you should have the strength within to overcome any and ALL outside influences(including her parants, and the views of any and ALL societies). When yall took that oath and pledged to the Lord almighty to forsake all others, at that point it was what you were expected to do for her(as you have), and the favor is spossed to be returned throughout eternity by her.

I pray that she is able to wake up from her disillusioned trance, and make ammends for initiating the downfall of yall's bond in matrimony. But if she is not able to accomplish such a feat, than let her go, knowing that you have been honorable, and that a greater woman, worthy of all that you have to offer is on the horizon my man.

You are a good dude Terrell mah homie, and I wish nothing but the best for you bruh.

Comment

• Why would you marry an Indian chick who's family you never met before and had 3 kids with her?

Oh and usually Indians racist towards their own people (look at their cast system)

Was she legal in UK? Mightve married you to get the papers and some cash.. still woudnt explain the 3 kids...
                    Last edited by Medved; 12-15-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Congratulations

Comment

Working...
                      X