No announcement yet.

Anyone here have major surgery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here have major surgery?

Curious to hear peoples' stories. What's it like to be put out by the anaesthesiologist?

Hopefully no horror stories ... but please let rip.

Had a six hour surgery to repair collapsed nasal cavities. It was supposed to take four, but I was a mess. You have 12 (I think) in your head, and 11.5 of my were done. Had nothing to do with drugs, haha.

Anyway, getting put under wasn't scary. They rebuilt the entire inside of my nose. The nurses were nice. When I recovered I was all ****ed up, for days. Couldnt go back for work for almost three weeks.

The weirdest thing was this; during surgery, they inserted these metal/plastic tubes that stretched throughout my head to hold the new passageways in place while they healed. A month later I went to my doctor for the evaluation, and the guy puts what look like a pair of pliers up my nose. I had no idea what he was doing, but he told me to breathe in and out.

When i breathed out, he yanked the entire thing out of my skull through my nose. Feeling pain behind your eyeballs and a number of other places one's body never feels pain was ****ing insane.

Comment

I had major surgery over 10 years ago. Won't go into details, but being put out isn't scary at all.

"Can you count backwards from 10 for me please?"

"10, 9, 8......." Boom, out like a light.

Learning how to walk again isn't an easy task, I'll say that much.

Comment

I had prk surgery to correct myopia a few years back.. thats about it.

Comment

had adamantium bonded to my skeleton

Comment

I've had knee surgery (ACL) on my left knee...I have two screws from left to right and one going down also damaged some cartilage...Playing basketball Senior year in school went up for a layup and someone challenged me from the other team add I went up my body landed facing one way and my knee facing the opposite way...I felt a snap and went down in incredible pain...I remember getting picked up from the ground and my leg from the knee down was to just dragging on the ground...(took me about one month to take my first steps, three months to walk almost normal)

I also had a Vasectomy done a year ago...I have three kids so my wife was going to get surgery so I stepped up to the plate and told her I get it done instead of you...I heard you go in on Friday morning and by Monday you back to work...the odds of your body reacting to it in a bad way are slim so I did it why was that for I was in bed for a month and my manhood was something from a horror movie...I'm back to normal now but I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy...(I was back to work in a month)
            http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=560037

Comment

Two corneal transplants.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Two corneal transplants.
                you should mention that to that girl you was flirting with and give her the puppy eyes

Comment

Had my baby teeth pulled out

Comment

C-sections, I stayed awake for.

My jaw dislocated and reset, I was put to sleep for. It wasn't bad though, I watched the IV in my hand and went night, night.

Comment

Working...
                    X