No announcement yet.

Anyone here have major surgery?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    I actually woke up during the middle of a minor procedure and the pain was intense, then they dialed up the drugs and I was out like a light.
    Next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed and it was a day later.
    But it all worked out fine.
    Damn. That must've been odd waking up on the table mid-surgery.

Are you a big dude? Because I'm thinking you'd have to be for them to underestimate the amount of drug to give you which caused you waking up during the process.

I was out like a ****in' light both times, and didn't really even hurt after the first one. The second one they put me on morphine for, and that's when I discovered how awesome that stuff really is. I was clicking that button like a damn madman.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

Are you a big dude? Because I'm thinking you'd have to be for them to underestimate the amount of drug to give you which caused you waking up during the process.

I was out like a ****in' light both times, and didn't really even hurt after the first one. The second one they put me on morphine for, and that's when I discovered how awesome that stuff really is. I was clicking that button like a damn madman.

At the time I was 6'5 around 200 (weigh more now of course). So yeah they underestimated.

I think I was up for maybe a minute or two maybe less, and then it was la la land. I still remember those few minutes (could have been seconds for all I know).
      Last edited by jreckoning; 10-11-2012, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Surgery is a ****in' synch, starjammer. Anesthesia? It's ****ing awesome - They give you a high dose of painkillers beforehand (with me it was dilaudid) and you start to feel really relaxed and/or high, then your limbs sfeel heavy to the point where you can't lift them, then the anesthesiologist comes to meet with you to explain the process, and by the time you're on the table getting the mask over your face you're ready to fall asleep as is.

Then you wake up and everything's over with. Nothing to be afraid of.
        Now that's what I want to hear!! Thanks buddy.

I actually woke up during the middle of a minor procedure and the pain was intense, then they dialed up the drugs and I was out like a light.
        Next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed and it was a day later.
        But it all worked out fine.
        Dammit J. You had to ruin it. That must have been crazy. And I guess what everyone fears pre-surgery. For some reason I can't imagine being put out; I'm a light sleeper as it is But I am mortal ... and I will fall like the rest of us.

Comment

I envy you.

Am 52 and never had a surgery in my life, hope it stays that way.

Comment

At the time I was 6'5 around 200 (weigh more now of course). So yeah they underestimated.

I think I was up for maybe a minute or two maybe less, and then it was la la land. I still remember those few minutes (could have been seconds for all I know).
            Damn, that is odd - I was about the same at the time of my surgeries. 6'7", 200lbs.

Bad luck I guess.

Comment

Damn. Jreck is a big fella.

Comment

They give morphine to people who are dying and they really have to ratchet it up. Most people with the amount they give would od but when people are in severe pain they just hope they sleep.
                I had to watch that this summer. Not fun man.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                  Damn. Jreck is a big fella.
                  I have a pic with me and Tomas Adamek.
                  I dwarf that lil guy.

It's quite funny.

He's got popeye arms though.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                    I envy you.

Am 52 and never had a surgery in my life, hope it stays that way.
                    You have no idea what you're missing, Unc.

I was laid up in the hospital for a few days with a morphine drip and despite the ****ty food, constant chatter, boring television programs, and unrelenting visits from my doctor and nursing staff I was ****ing loving it. Being high on morphine is easily the best feeling I've ever experienced in my entire life and that's not an exaggeration at all - it's that damn good.

It starts as a warm, comforting, and tingly feeling at the top of your head and just works it's way down your entire body to your toes. By the time it reaches your toes your limbs feel like they're made out of cement which lasts for about 5 seconds, then you get a warm feeling in your stomach like when you do straight shots. After that it's just a general feeling of tranquility for about half an hour before your eyelids start to feel super heavy and you eventually fall asleep and sleep the deepest most peaceful sleep you've ever had.

I can understand why people become addicted to that stuff, but I'm glad I didn't have a problem coming down from it.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                      Now that's what I want to hear!! Thanks buddy.

Dammit J. You had to ruin it. That must have been crazy. And I guess what everyone fears pre-surgery. For some reason I can't imagine being put out; I'm a light sleeper as it is But I am mortal ... and I will fall like the rest of us.

Believe me they are watching you like a hawk for signs of that.
                      The doctors told me later it was so sudden it surprised them.
                      I thought I was at home for a second there feeling crazy pain.
                      They corrected.
                      You don't wanna be oversedated for sure. That's even more dangerous.

Comment

Working...
                      X