Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Had my baby teeth pulled out
    /thread

This guy practically died and came back...NDE to the fullest...

Comment

penis reduction surgery...the observation gallery was packed with student nurses.

Comment

7 Major Surgeries, 5 minor ones, over the course of a year from falling off a 4 story building

well the minor ones expanded beyond that year to about 4 years...fixer uppers.

Comment

shattered clavicle, now got a pin inside the bone for the rest of my life. 4 hrs surgery.

after a week went back xtreme mtb, doc was fuming mad, the pin got bent and cant be removed cause its screwed inside the bone.

going under the anesthesia is a non issue. the pain felt when its gone is excruciating

Comment

Had surgery to repair damaged ligaments in my knee 13/14 years ago and woke up with a huge burn mark on the back of my thigh. Should've sued those fuckers.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Fascinating. And glad to hear the recovery stories too. You are all hereby honoured in the school of tough hombres.

Comment

Too many times. They knew be by heart at the hospital after a few years. . . Motocross is a brutal, brutal sport. . . Ride hard, be prepared to break at least a bone every few years.

Most major was when I broke my femur (clean break). . Had the option of having a metal rod in my leg, or laying up in traction for months. . I was young enough where my bones were still growing, and I could get it removed in a few years. I chose having the rod installed in my leg.

Really wasn't that bad at all. . . Was sore for a few weeks. Got used to crutches. . . After I recovered, got used to feeling it sort of rub against my thigh when running. . .

I never was hte same at soccer after the break, though. . . Lost a step I couldn't get back.

Comment

Surgery is a ****in' synch, starjammer. Anesthesia? It's ****ing awesome - They give you a high dose of painkillers beforehand (with me it was dilaudid) and you start to feel really relaxed and/or high, then your limbs sfeel heavy to the point where you can't lift them, then the anesthesiologist comes to meet with you to explain the process, and by the time you're on the table getting the mask over your face you're ready to fall asleep as is.

Then you wake up and everything's over with. Nothing to be afraid of.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    Surgery is a ****in' synch, starjammer. Anesthesia? It's ****ing awesome - They give you a high dose of painkillers beforehand (with me it was dilaudid) and you start to feel really relaxed and/or high, then your limbs sfeel heavy to the point where you can't lift them, then the anesthesiologist comes to meet with you to explain the process, and by the time you're on the table getting the mask over your face you're ready to fall asleep as is.

Then you wake up and everything's over with. Nothing to be afraid of.

I actually woke up during the middle of a minor procedure and the pain was intense, then they dialed up the drugs and I was out like a light.
                    Next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed and it was a day later.
                    But it all worked out fine.

Comment

skin grafts, bone debrievements, etc

Comment

Working...
                      X