• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    I have a pic with me and Tomas Adamek.
    I dwarf that lil guy.

It's quite funny.

He's got popeye arms though.
    I'm 5'8", 160 lbs. I'd be like a little below your shoulder. Damn. But I used to have a monster vertical leap during my younger days so I guess that even things up, I hope.

Comment

They give morphine to people who are dying and they really have to ratchet it up. Most people with the amount they give would od but when people are in severe pain they just hope they sleep.
      I had to watch that this summer. Not fun man.
      Yeah, I've seen the dark side of it as well. Not good at all.

I was on a low dose getting anywhere from 2 to 5 mils depending on how severe my pain was but I found that even 2 milligrams was pretty damn strong and did the trick on me for both killing the pain and making me feel really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
        I'm 5'8", 160 lbs. I'd be like a little below your shoulder. Damn. But I used to have a monster vertical leap during my younger days so I guess that even things up, I hope.
        I had my battles jumping over a sheet of paper back in the day....

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Yeah, I've seen the dark side of it as well. Not good at all.

I was on a low dose getting anywhere from 2 to 5 mils depending on how severe my pain was but I found that even 2 milligrams was pretty damn strong and did the trick on me for both killing the pain and making me feel really good.
          My dad was on 7.6 and still up man. 10 is the highest they will ever go and it's pointless really.

My brother was like put it up higher and I am like you don't want him to od just sleep.

Comment

My dad was on 7.6 and still up man. 10 is the highest they will ever go and it's pointless really.

My brother was like put it up higher and I am like you don't want him to od just sleep.
            Jesus Christ. Still awake on 7.6 mils? Was he in pain still or was he at least somewhat mellow?

Comment

Jesus Christ. Still awake on 7.6 mils? Was he in pain still or was he at least somewhat mellow?

He was mellow then.
              Which was fine by us. He passed the next morning.

Honestly, we were relieved he was out of pain finally. Still sucks though.

I know too much about this stuff, honestly more than I want to ever know. DNR, Code Blue, all that stuff.

When they tell you things like we just want to make him comfortable, you know you are gonna be in for a hard ride.

It is amazing though they effect of chemicals on a normal person to shut off our pain sensors.

@starjammer= you will be fine. they generally do an excellent job because they like everyone else do not want to be sued.
              Last edited by jreckoning; 10-11-2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

He was mellow then.
                Which was fine by us. He passed the next morning.

Honestly, we were relieved he was out of pain finally. Still sucks though.

I know too much about this stuff, honestly more than I want to ever know. DNR, Code Blue, all that stuff.

When they tell you things like we just want to make him comfortable, you know you are gonna be in for a hard ride.

It is amazing though they effect of chemicals on a normal person to shut off our pain sensors.
                Absolutely.

I feel for 'ya, man. I watched my grandmother go the same way only hers was prolonged for a period of over 3 years. In her final years she was in constant pain, doped up on every drug known to man, bed ridden, and mumbling incoherently.

Watching that from the ages of 12-15 is when I realized I'm never going out like that. I made the decision after she died that I'd off myself before degenerating that badly because I can't honestly imagine a more tragic loss for a person that the loss of your faculties and to essentially become a burden to the people you love most.

**** that. That's one road I'm never going to travel down.

Comment

@starjammer= you will be fine. they generally do an excellent job because they like everyone else do not want to be sued.
                  Wise words. Thanks pal.

Watching that from the ages of 12-15 is when I realized I'm never going out like that. I made the decision after she died that I'd off myself before degenerating that badly because I can't honestly imagine a more tragic loss for a person that the loss of your faculties and to essentially become a burden to the people you love most.

**** that. That's one road I'm never going to travel down.
                  That terrifies me too. Hopefully there are some dramatic changes in medicine in the next couple decades ..

Comment

I've been put under twice, and you only know what's happened when you wake back up.

Seriously, they administer the aesthetic, and ask you to count to 10, most of the time you can't even get to 3 before everything fades to black.

You might wake up feeling a little groggy but you should be fine.

Comment

Thanks God no major surgery but been put down twice for non serious problems..its a good experience..first time i woke up and was bubbling some **** about mike tyson to the nurse

Comment

Working...
                      X